BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
who won the mobile basa

Re: who won the mobile basa

Mobile basa!!
Was that a BASA tournament

Southern Girl, Yes it was. It is on the schedule as one.

TAZ
I was there, and it didn't look like the traditional BASA tournament.

i think they are refering to letting a predominatly white team play in the competetive divison that won the tournement!

i think they are refering to letting a predominatly white team play in the competetive divison that won the tournament!

I am from the Pensacola/Mobile Area and not a lot of teams from the midwest/north come down to support this tourney, unless it is the World. Mostly southern teams. Does what he can to run a tournament in the south with the temas that are down in the Gulf Coast

Sorry SOuthern Girl if it did not feel BASA enough. I am sure he tried.

Team Focus/Tps came out 2nd but we decided not to play them b/c we had a 5-6 hour drive home.

Taz I understand... I live in Montgomery and I don’t think there are many ALL Black teams that play real softball between here and Pensacola.
Most of the teams in Montgomery are “afraid” and too “unreliable” to travel as far as Birmingham. That’s why players like the SS from Hard Knock have to play with a team from ATL.

MARK#66,WHATS UP MAN,THIS IS SWEAT,WAY TO GO BRA',BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.LET IT DO WHAT IT DO.L.M.S.,BIRMINGHAM,AL

How can you complain about a competitive bracket with 10 team from 5 different state. You had 2 of the top team in the black american softball program there. Primetime and Team Focus/Tps which won usssa and basa and sbsa world tournament. The only team beside them is Pase/tps and godfather.

The tournament would have been a great success, if were not the comments at the end by the sponsor of the tournament. I can not beleave that he called one of the players from the white team that was a brother a Uncle Tom for playing with white Boys, I thought we had all grown out of that. I really lost alot of respect for Prime, that was un called for. Now as for the teams that was some of the best games I wathced in some time.

The guy Prime was talking to plays on his team/The Bombers. Prime was joking with the guy all day. It was a great weekend.

I was there. There were some good games, but there was only a hour time limit. There weren't many games that went past 5 innings. I think that cost some teams. There were about 4 or 5 teams there from Altanta and some from Florida. It was a decent tournament. The time limit brought it down a lot in my opinion.

Yeah the time limit was a bummer I thought BASA games were 75 minutes not 60 minutes. Little do I know .
Also, one of the umpires behind the plate asked our catcher if we started 1&1 like the men.
And as far as complaints…mmmm…that any and everywhere. People complain and stuff they get for free.

Hello, All I was one of the brothers who played on the white team. I can say that it was a good tournament except for the 1 hour time limit and as far as my team mates they said they like playing on the black circuit because it is the best compitition they get to face all year and they spoke well of the tournament.

I was the coach of the so called white team and would like to apologize to anyone who thought it was unfair for me to have a large number of white guys there. To me, it looks as if the message that is being sent is that white guys play better than blacks and I take offense to that. But what I am doing now is forming a legal BASA team under the same name, Maximum Fire Power, and am willing to play in different tournaments. This wasn't supposed to be anything to upset anyone, because had we gone two and out, noone would have said a word. These are guys I play USSSA ball with on a regular basis, and we got in the tournament to help Prime out. He never expected us to win the tournament, as did noone else at 1st appearence. If anyone would like to invite my team to a BASA tournament, I would be more than happy to abide by the rules set and try to come. Again I'd Like to apologize to anyone who had a problem with my team.
Big D

Maximum Fire Power 850-291-2572 Daniel Landry

lets keep things in perspective because you definitely havent played the best Basa has to offer. but congrads on your tourney win.

And again - who won? Does ANYBODY have the results???

In the comp. 1. Max Firepower 2. Team Focus 3. A Few Good Men. It was a good tournament but the time limit was TERRIBLE. We had some great games going with the Rangers and Prime Time only to be called by a time limit. Should have been at least 75 mins. Umpires took way too long to get the games going and that is why the games were so far behind!!!!!!!!! All in all a great tourn. and I am honored to be named MVP of the competitive bracket!! THANX!!

I could care less that a non black team played in the tournament. The team only played because his money was taken by the director of the tournament(Prime). I did attend the tourney for a little while, therefor I saw the teams playing. Now with hindsight being 20/20 if they allowed me to do it then may have done the same thing. But if I won that tourney and did not get the money for coming in 1st I would be ****** off. I have heard from various sources this is what happened. This is the type of issues that hurts us as black people. I they decided to sue BASA or the director of the tournament, in my opinion, they would have a good case I think.

Let this be a lesson to us all. We let other play on the circuit but I think they get a little to welcome. But I think this will contiue to happen as long as we back them up. If you play with others and they talk trash, why put up with it.
Because when we play with them, they don't put up with us and sometimes you feel as if you are on your own. But in playing with us we always seem to have their back.