BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FORGIVE OR FORGET

How many expect the Lord to forgive us when we do something wrong but yet when we feel we have been wronged we hold on to it? Well what if the Lord did that to us? Hmmmmmmmmm......makes you think!

Can we truely open up to forget and forgive
Can we really live and let live
This is a commandment which means it is a must
What if the Lord didn't do that for us
What if he just turned his back when we made him mad
What if he said to bad I'm sorry so sad
Where would we be.... what would you do
What if the Lord didn't show any mercy upon you
He let you go on living day by day
Would you still have a single notion to pray
This is just something that I ask myself from time to time
I thought I would put it out there for you in a rhyme
But this is really something that we need to think about
What if the Lord just left you out
He just left you hanging out in the cold
Would you still give him praise until you grow old
Sometimes we have to turn the other cheek
Sit and be still be slow to speak
Why do you have to get everything off your chest
Give it to me and let me do the rest.

Re: FORGIVE OR FORGET

HC, I think you should be able to forgive, just don't forget. The saying goes. Hurt me one, shame on you. Hurt me twice, shame on me. You always have to remember what someone did to you so that you don't make the same mistake again. Live and learn.

In theory we should be able to do both forgive and forget and I think we can for the most part it just depends on the situation. often people say they forgive but yet they continue to bring it up which makes me think that they really dont forgive you but it's better to just make piece. Just a thought.

What's up HC, how ya been? For me it really depends on the situation. It's easy to say ok I forgive you, but the situation remains in the back of my mind. It just depends on how bad I've been hurt, because of course I'm trying to prevent it from happening again.

That true, HC. If someone keeps bringing it up, then they haven't really forgiven you. I just think forgetting is crazy because that same person can wrong you again. I can forgive, but I don't forget anything. Just my thoughts

REAL TALK READ AND THINK
F A M I L Y
I ran into a stranger as he passed by "Oh excuse me please" was my reply. He said,"Please excuse me too;I wasn't watching for you." We were very polite, this stranger and I.We went on our way and we said goodbye.But at home a different story is told,How we treat our loved ones, young and old. Later that day, cooking the evening meal,My son stood beside me very still.When I turned, I nearly knocked him down."Move out of the way," I said with a frown. He walked away, his little heart broken.I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken.While I lay awake in bed,God's still small voice came to me and said "While dealing with a stranger,common courtesy you use,but the family you love, you seem to abuse.Go and look on the kitchen floor,You'll find some flowers there by the door.Those are the flowers he brought for you.He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue.He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise,you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes."By this time, I felt very small,and now my tears began to fall.I quietly went and knelt by his bed;"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said."Are these the flowers you picked for me?"He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree.I picked 'em because they're pretty like you.I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue."I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today;I shouldn't have yelled at you that way."He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay.I love you anyway."I said, "Son, I love you too,and I do like the flowers, especially the blue."
FAMILY
Are you aware that if we died tomorrow, the company
that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days,but the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives,and come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than into our own family,an unwise investment indeed,don't you think?So what is behind the story?Do you know what the word FAMILY means?
FAMILY = (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER (I) (L)OVE (Y)OU

Just a little something for me to you that will make you think before you do especially WHEN YOU HAVE TO FACE THE REALITY OF IT!!!!!!![ -)]

Ms.Good Snacks, very deep and very inspiring. I think we all can relate to that story in one way or another. Thanks for sharing.

So true

That was good Ms. Good Snacks. That is very true!