BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LESSENS FROM THE GEESE

This message is motivated by the "GREATS" post by WBrown last week. Thanks Wille and others for that topic. It helped me greatly.

The lesson below is the foundation that we've tried to build Prime Time on and I wanted to share it with my BASA family.

LESSONS FROM THE GEESE

As each goose flaps its wings, it creates an “uplift” for the birds that follow. By flying in a “V” formation, the whole flock has 71% greater flying range than if each goose flew alone.

People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going quicker and easier, because they are traveling on the thrust of each other.

When a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of flying alone. It quickly moves back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the goose immediately in front of it.

If we have as much sense as a goose, we stay in formation with those headed where we want to go. We are willing to accept their help and give our help to others.

When the lead goose get tired, it rotates back into the formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the geese immediately in front of it.

It pays to take turns doing the hard tasks and sharing leadership. As with geese, people are interdependent on each others’ skills, capabilities, and unique arrangement of gifts, talents, or resources.

The geese flying in formation honk to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.

We need to make sure our honking is encouraging. In groups where there is encouragement, the production is much greater. The power of encouragement (to stand by one’s heart or core values and to encourage the heart and core values of others) is the quality of honking we seek.

When a goose gets sick, wounded, or shot down, two geese drop out of formation and follow it down to help and protect it. They stay with it until it dies or is able to fly again. Then, they launch out with another formation to catch up with the flock.

If we have as much sense as geese, we will stand by each other in difficult times as well as when we’re strong.

Respectfully,
Mrs. Arnitha
PT 4 Life

Re: LESSENS FROM THE GEESE

THATS A GOOD ONE ARNITHA, WE CAN ALL LEARN SOMETHING FROM THAT AND USE IT N OUR DAY 2 DAY LIFE NOT ONLY SOFTBALL.

Well spoken my cousin gave that lessens at a recent funeral everyone said amen.

THANK YOU MRS.ARNITHA,HOPEFULLY WE ALL WILL COME TO THAT CONCLUSION AND LEARN THAT "LESSEN FROM THE GEESE." GOD BLESS YOU AND THE PT FAMILY.

Mrs. Arnitha and some of us think just because a bird brain is small they are dumb. I guess geese they use common sense.

....nice touch and Great Example