BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
REAL TALK!!!!!!! LETS HELP ONE ANOTHER!

Have you ever been just down and out, and you feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders. What do you do when you feel like that. I mean yea you could try to drink it away or smoke it away but that is a temp fix on top of adding another problem to the one that you got. What do you do? Lets keep this real and you never know who you might be helping.

Re: REAL TALK!!!!!!! LETS HELP ONE ANOTHER!

HEY MAN THIS IS REAL TALK. THERE WAS A TIME N MY LIFE WHEN I DIDNT KNOW WHICH WAY 2 GO OR WHICH WAY 2 TURN I GUESS U COULD SAY I WAS AT MY CROSSROAD SOME 17 YEARS AGO THATS WHEN I GAVE MY LIFE 2 CHRIST AND MADE HIM MY PERSONAL SAVIOUR, THATS WHEN MY LIFE CHANGED THE BEST MOVE I EVER MADE, THATS WHY I'M DIFFERENT BUT JC IS A DIFFERENCE MAKER, U HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING ELSE AND IT FAILED SO I OFFER CHRIST AND THATS REAL AS IT GETS.

That's what I'm talking about PT30 real talk, but there are some that dont know him. So what do they do...ya feel me. I know what he has done, is doing, and hopefully will continue to do, and what he does for me he will do for you too.

well for those who don't know him, or know him but forget He's always there, you need to find a person to confide in, someone you can talk to and just get things off of your chest!! I think sometimes we think therapy can't help, but I have seen it work wonders with people. Then go have a good workout, and let go of that stress and anxiety. Go to a kickboxing class, or go to the batting cages and get rid of whatever it is holding you down!

...I felt really down but you'll never know, because the lord keeps my head high and 2 keep belief and trust in him....I thank you lord for the strength

Sis that was very insightfull. I esp like the part about getting to know him and then learning how to relieve that stress. Church you are right....good poit as well.

We are never truely alone
You just have to find out
Where you belong
You can go to the valley lows
Or climb the mountain highs
My God is everywhere for he already knows
It doesn't matter if you either here or there
My GOD is omnipotent
He is every where
What he does for me
He will do for you
Just be patient wait and see

FIRST U ASK HIM 2 COME N-2 YOUR HEART, ITS A SLOW PROCESS BUT GOD KNOWS OUR HEART AND WILL REWARD OUR EFFORTS, THE WORD SAYS AT FIRST WE R LIKE BABES ON MILK BUT AS WE GROW WE R ABLE 2 EAT MEAT.

THATS CHURCH!!!

right on PT, and also tas Church said, we should never walk around looking like we are carrying the weight of the world on our shoulders, trying to get attention, or so that somebody will ask us what is wrong. You are looking for and will get the wrong kind of attention. I have had my fair share of trials and tribulation in my short 30 years on this earth, but nobody would ever know it because I smile through all of it.

You know what Ms.Dat I didn't understand that until recently. I found that if you praise GOD through your circumstance....your cloudy days can still seem a little brighter. The other day when I wanted to have a pitty party I saw a homeless man and thought to myself wow that could be me. This man was standing on the corner with a sign that said "will work for for food or little of nothing" or something like that. He didn't look like he could do much of anything. So I gave hime some money and he looked like I had just given him a million dollars. He had to look at it twice and I'm thinking to myself wow it wasn't that much, but to him it was......I guess that just made me realize just how blessed I am.

SO TRUE HC,MS DAT AND CHURCH. NICE ICON(HC).

GREAT TOPIC HC,

FIRST OF ALL, I THANK GOD FOR CREATING ME AND WATCHING OVER ME ALL OF MY 32 YEARS, THANK YOU FOR MY ALL SO MANY BLESSINGS...THANK YOU LORD. SECONDLY, AS FAR AS TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS, I'VE LEARNED A LONG TIME AGO GROWING UP IN THE CHURCH, THAT THE LORD WILL NEVER PUT MORE ON YOU THAN YOU CAN BARE. I PRAY TO THE LORD EVERY NIGHT FOR STRENGTH AND GUIDANCE, AND HE HAS NEVER FAILED ME YET.

Davida #7 (Ga Mixx)/ #4 (WWB)

WHAT BOUT THIS HC,THE SWAMI, I THINK THAT THIS WILL B A GOOD YEAR.

I like that and I agree with you. This will be a good year.....lets speak it into being. AAAAYYYY

WELL THE SAYS GOOD IT IS(REALLY GOD SAYS IT IM JUST PLAY-N LIKE SAID IT).

... ...I like that and I wonder??? where's and

Davida, there is a lot of power and knowledge in what you said. First if we would like for the weight to be lifted we must have some kind of action first...which is by doing this we have just set things into motion. The Lord will lift the problems and not only will he lifted he will take it from you so that you dont have to bare it. WOW isn't GOD good thats why we should praise him inspite of circumstances.

There are a lot of people that don't know what they have to do to be saved.(accept Jesus Christ as your personal savior, believe that he died on the cross that you might have the right to the tree of life. Repent and believe that he covers your sins once you truly repent.) I like this topic, Is anybody familiar with the song, He Kept Me. I know all about being kept by Jesus. It allows you to Praise him through your circumstance. God is good all the time and all the time God is good.LOL

Oh momma I didn't know you could do it like dat....AAAAYYYYY that was real talk for yo tail right there. Whoa! I cant say nothing and that dont happen to often! THANK YA.....Momma you dont got me happy.

HEY MAMA,

THAT IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS, WE USED TO SING IT IN MY CHOIR. SEE YA AT THE NEXT TOURNAMENT

THANKS MAMA D, THAT WAS GOOD.

ITS DISCUSSIONS LIKE THIS THAT I ENJOY BEING A PART OF BECAUSE I KNOW WHO JESUS IS AND MY TEAM KNOWS HIM(THEY DON'T ALL EXCEPT HIM) BUT WE PRAY AS A TEAM BEFORE AND AFTER EVERY SINGLE GAME.WE NEVER KNOW WHAT SOMEONE IS GOING THROUGH BUT JUST A KIND WORD OR SMILE CAN MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD.

Hi Davida #7. LOL

HI THERE (MAMA), YOU KNOW WHAT IS REALLY FUNNY, WE WERE TALKING ON SUNDAY MORNING FOR A MINUTE AND I NEVER KNEW THAT WAS YOU...I WILL MAKE IT A POINT TO INTRODUCE MYSELF THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU...

Mama are you talking about He Kept me by Yolanda Adams? I did a praise dance to that sone,and once again, almost couldn't make it through the whole song. T

Hey not to get off the subject or anything and it still ties into it but didn't we talk about having "cherch" on sundays before the games start. I wasn't there but did this happen?

Glory to God Mama Dobbs, let's lift him up and send the Lord some of his Highest praise HALLELUJAH, Glory to God.

HOMECOMING,THIS IS ONE OF THE THINGS WE AS PEOPLE DON'T WANT TO SPEAK ON.SOME OF US DON'T CARE ABOUT NOBODY BUT OURSELVES,ME PERSONALLY,I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR ME BUT I WILL AND HAVE GIVEN MY LAST AND I'M GONNA CONTINUE TO HELP SOMEONE.I DON'T HAVE TO REALLY KNOW YOU TO HELP YOU,I AM A FIRM BELIEVER THAT WHEN YOU DO SOMETHING FOR SOMEONE AND DO IT FROM THE HEART,THE REWARD IS UNMEASUREABLE FOR WHAT GOD WILL DO FOR YOU.WE ARE A FAMILY,REGARDLESS OF HOW LONG WE'VE KNOWING EACH OTHER,WE SEE EACH ON AND OFF THOUGHOUT THE YEAR AND WE GO TO EACH OTHER AND MAKE OUR PRESENCE KNOWN IN PERSON AND ON THE BOARD.ALL WE CAN DO IS PRAY,PRAY,AND PRAY AND ALLOW GOD TO GUIDE AND LEAD US TO PEOPLE THAT ARE SINCERE TO OURSELF AND TO THE PEOPLE THAT WE MET IN LIFE.GOD BLESS EACH OF YOU AND CONTINUE TO HUMBLE YOURSELF TO OTHERS.

NO

This is a good topic. Now this is REAL talk!

I know that when I have been down and out and felt like I wasn't worthy of much I fell down on my knees and just cried out to God to HELP ME, to HEAL ME, to LOVE and COMFORT ME. I was alone when I did this and I learned how to talk to God just as I talk to anyone else. He knew that I was hurting yet he was only waiting on me to SEEK him, because he was there all along. One thing that I learned early on is just because I was saved didn't stop things from happening and it's important to know that life will go on and you will be faced with more challenges than before because the enemy is always trying to get you back after you have accepted Christ in your life. However, realize that you have now been adopted by the KING and now you are royalty, therefore you are highly favored by the most high God. When you are covered by the blood of Jesus, yes you will still endure trials but rely on your faith in him to see you through. He's done it for me so many times and he's never let me down.

Now, when I get down and out, I am reminded by what JOB endured and my worries quickly fade away. For those of you that have read the book of JOB then you know where I am coming from and for those of you that haven't read it, I challenge you to do so. JOB lost everything and he still remained faithful to GOD, even when his wife told him to curse God and die. Wow, we serve an awesome GOD.

If anyone out there needs someone to talk to, be careful where you seek your counsel so that you will not be misguided. I welcome anyone that just needs to talk and or pray. I can be reached via email.

Dap

Dinsum, you are right in everything that you said. It doesn't matter how long we have known one another but what does matter is how we treat one another. Lets all try to make a difference in someone's life whether it's big or small it does not matter cause you never know who might be in need. Thanks to all that have responded so far but lets keep them coming. Each one...teach one.....sooner or later....we all will reach one!

Homecoming, i like that...

Each one...teach one.....sooner or later....we all will reach one!

I've never heard it before, but I like it and it is so true. My purpose in life is to reach many but one at a time is the pace that I choose.

it's funny y'all would bring that up, becuase that is the little saying I used to use with my students all the time

Right and we can start right here with in our own camp. Just like you do PM11 with your daily word. Sometimes I dont respond but believe me it hits home everyday.

MY BROTHER DINSUM, THATS A GOOD WORD, KEEP LOOKING UP AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

MY BROTHER DINSUM, THATS A GOOD WORD, KEEP LOOKING UP AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Let me recommend a good and easy read and that is The Purpose Driven Life, by Rick Warren. Some of you may have read this but for those that haven't try it out. This book really turned my life around and whenever I notice myself falling back I am quick to reach for this book as well as the bible for a good reference to get me back in line. It's 40 chapters and it recommends that you read a chapter a day which is only about 5 or 6 pages in most chapters. You never know, it could change your life too.

To answer your question HC, yes, there have been times when I felt like the world was on my shoulders. When I feel like this I try to partake in some type of physical activity, preferably a sport, to help ease my mind. Other times, I sit down an try to analyze what has happened or what is going on, to see how I can correct the situations, followed by a little prayer to find my source of strength. When there seems to be no way out or no solution, then that's when I place it in God's hand and leave it there. We have to learn that we can't solve every equation or find the missing piece to every question, we are not perfect! No need to go into a state of depression over the things you can't change.

PLAYMAKER #11 I HAVE THAT BOOK BY RICK WARREN YOU CAN FIND IT AT ANY WAL-MART.IT'S A GREAT BOOK ALSO YOU CAN READ THE ARENA OF PRAYER BY BEN JENNINGS.