BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BASA Staff-Aiken Tournament

First of all, the director did the best she could but how could a six-team competitive division drag into Sunday evening? We had to leave the game against B&B in the fourth inning and barely made it to Atlanta airport for our flights that left at 10:30. That was insane for a six-team tournament or whatever you call it. Started out as a round-robin and things fell apart. Too much time between games and then everything went to the dogs. I will ask BASA staff once again for a rule book and will pay for the book and the shipping costs. It is real frustrating to not be able to read a rule book and have to play a game with a perception of what the rules are suppose to be. It is always umpire judgement. From this past weekend, I don't want to leave it up to umpire judgement. I would like to be able to read the rules in black and white. USSSA, ASA, ISA, and NSA all have rulebooks that can be downloaded. Why not BASA? If Aiken is any indication of how the BASA season, we better buckle up. Being the first tournament is not excuse for bad time management of the bracket. Either it's a round robin and single elimination or it's a double elimination tournament and ride with it. No need to change it every other hour. Change is good and BASA want to become the standard for African-american softball players, let's get this right. Either we do business with the brother man or the other man. I'm free to discuss this in detail anytime. I left my email address and you can get my phone number so we can talk. I don't want to see BASA become like the NFL this past year. Not For Long when you run tournaments with no direction. God bless.

Re: BASA Staff-Aiken Tournament

I agree with alot of what you said Greg, in addition to that I only have one question, Where was the bracket? 99.9% of the confusion that went on this weekend was because there was never a competitive bracket posted, whose brain child was that. Not a good move at all. For me personally part of the fun, excitement, & anticipation of a tournament is looking at the bracket and seeing who you'll play next or further down the road if you win your next game or two so it only makes sense to have a bracket posted so there is some sense of order about the tournament in general. A 6 team tournament dragging out into two full days is just unacceptable. The competitive division should've been done playing no later the noon on Sunday. I will however, applaud you all on attempting to make it worthwhile for the competitive teams to come by offering us more games with the round robin format but that never materialized either as we only played 1 game in the so called round robin. I know its only the first tournament, but I just wanted to voice my opinions on a couple of things.