BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Storm(will anyone ever figure them out)

I've played and watched over the last 3 or 4 years and I can tell you this. The Storm team win a great deal because they do the simple things. They hit behind runners, they sacrifice when they need to and are just a well disciplined team for the most part. I know they don't win them all but it's not a coincidence that they are a team to be dealt with every tourney and they do win more than their share. You know just to be frank about it, they don't appear to have any better personel than the other teams do, but again, they play together. They have bought into the team concept. I look at some of these other teams that have power hitters at 4,5, and 6. The Storm had KJ batting 4th. He can hit with power at times but the guy is basically a hitter that puts pressure on the infield and outfield as fast as he is. No one has picked up on that yet. I know he's playing with someone else now but you get the point. Brothers on all of these teams run like gazelles to begin with. So you will very few times have bases loaded or more than even one guy on base after the third hitter comes to the plate(if he's worth anything and the 1 and 2 hitters have descent speeds on 60 foot base paths). So what is the purpose of having another big guy that can't run batting 5th and 6th...only to have the 7th batter come up and have them(5th and 6th) slow him down possibly setting up force plays. Lets not even discuss what happens when you have players that can only hit homeruns batting behind each other and the homeruns are gone. Now you have 4, 5 and 6 hitters basically trying to adjust their bats the rest of the game. It just looks like too many teams play softball by baseball's rules and they are two different sports. Power hitter are used to drive in runners. It's almost pointless to have them batting right behind each other. Many can't even score on a basehit. I think the Storm is great team, but they are getting credit for being better than they probably are and that's no disrespect to them because they have my utmost respect. They just play team ball and that's what it takes to get through a tourney. I just think the rest of the teams need to just step back and take a look at how they are playing and why the storm is so successful. I enjoyed playing when I did and I enjoy watching all of you play. These are just some things I've noticed about the Storm that sets them apart from other teams. It would be good for once to come to a tourney and see someone give them some fits as opposed to seeing them mop up tourney after tourney. I look forward to seeing you all this summer. Good luck and be safe.

Peace out,

Observer

Re: The Storm(will anyone ever figure them out)

I think its called . No matter how far behind they are, they never give up. Plus they've been together for years and their name scares a lot of teams itself and they have chemistry which some teams don't have.And to top it off, they have a GREAT coach.(Owens) Take for instance Supersonic, they've been together forever, I think there are a lot of teams that can beat them, but they don't because of the name and because the ladies have been together so long that they know what it takes to win. Chemistry. But to all, just do what you can do, and the best team will always come out on top.
Great Job Guys!!!!

Just Us #11

I agree with Just Us #11. They also have a very good and a very smart coach, but more than that, I too think, they always play with heart whether they are up or down. I have only been watching for two years and have never seen them just lay down or give up. They fight til the end. Being coached by Owen each guy knows his role and they know that they will be called on to fill that role so they are focused and ready. Big UPs guys.

...Congrat's...looking forward 2 the "CHALLENGE"....DERRTY#2

MUCH LOVE AND RESPECT FOR YOU GUYS WAY TO TAKE CARE BUISNESS.(LOOKING FOWARD TO BATTLING AGAINST YOU GUYS.

The Atlanta Storm has a reputation of winning never giving up and fighting to the end. When can you ever relax against the storm? when do you have enough runs to be confident that you are going to win? When can you count them out? NEVER. It's called determination, responsibility, Chemistry, heart, motivation, structure and agility. A good team is only as good as it's weakest link. A Great coach makes a good team great. TEAM, TEAM, TEAM, there are no superstars in TEAM. Every player has a role and they fully understand what it is, to give 100% at 100% of the time. Never let the TEAM down. Down and dirty on the ground is how we role..LOL

That's soooooooooooooo sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well put Observer, Just Us #11 and Mama. Players come and go, but Stom keeps it's foundation together. A house is only as stong as the foundation and as long as they have owens, nut, smallz, tony, jr, k-5 and the rest of the cats that have been there from the jump, they will always be a team that will be in the hunt. Great job in Aiken...

We appreciate all the love...But thta all comes with a good decipline coach (Owens)..He has no favortism on the team and if you are not focus and not hitting he will put you on the bench (ASK SMALLZ)...But one thing for sure like Alvin said you must keep your core players together..JUST LIKE PRIME TIME!!!!

Smallz

good job fellas keep it up. kj out wassup mama

hey whats up smallz. congratulation on winning the super rec classic and good luck the rest of the year.

Congrats . You guys did your thing this weekend. Great job.

Melvin
#12 Blackhawks