BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Time Limit

This is my first time playing a BASA tourney and they used the time limit.....i spoke to other teams and they stated that time wasn't used during their games.....the question to you BASA if we are using Time limits...How did we get so far behind? and also it's not fair to use time on some teams and not on others!!!!!1

Re: Time Limit

I feel you on it #15

The only true answer is that obviously all of the umpires were not on the same page. Hopefully we can chalk it up to it being the first tournament. It was not intentional by any means, and no single umpire can be blamed for it. As one of the directors for the tournament, the buck stops here with me.

I am sure there were other problems this weekend as with all tournaments, but rest assure any problems from this weekend will be addressed thorouughly for next year's tournaments.

Well, just an opinion and I don't know what people might think, but it's hard to have a time limit especially when you have two teams hitting and scoring a bunch of runs especially in the case of Magic vs Stixx....42 runs and they didn't go 5 I think...hummmm something to think about...A real good game to end in time...

Preciate that Clay....nice meeting you this weekend Brotha....Keep up the good work!!!!!1

The thing is were on the attack.....they only score 7 runs after the first....we started off cold...but this team was walking around.....if there is going to be a time limit you must start calling strikes if the offensive team start to take all day to come to bat......After a playa bat it took a play 3-4 mins to come out the dug out and to the plate....no one was even standing in the on deck circle but what can we do....the ump for that game was the worst.......BASA please don't fine me !!!!! Nonetheless Great Tourney and great teams playing.....the division is not one sided thats for sure!!!!!1

WE PLAYED IN A DIFFERENT TOURNAMENT AND RAN INTO THE SAME PROBLEMS AFTER A COUPLE OF LONG GAMES THEY STARTED A TIME LIMIT WHICH BECAME THE REAL DIFFERENCE IN THE GAME.I WOULD SUGGEST LOOKING INTO NO TIME LIMIT GAMES PLAYING ONLY 5 INNINGS THAN PLAYING BEAT THE CLOCK WITH TEAMS TRYING TO STALL WHEN THEY TAKE THE LEAD.

Yeah they jumped out 17-2 in the first inning and then they started the slow dance....took them 10 mins to get on the field and 10 to get off...5 mins to bat for each batter.....if you are going to start a time limit rule you must place rules for stalling and inform the umps!!!!! I think we loss 26-21 in the bottom of the 4th!!!!!1
I'm not complaining about the rule...I'm complaining that every team didn't play with the same set of rules and thats crazy because there was a umpires' meeting to go over the rules....i feel we got shafted and also we played two games with just one ump....alot of missed calls with one female ump!!!!!1

and i know who you talking bout #15. we had that same ump and it didnt make any since how bad the calls where and i speak for all the teams who had her.