BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rules question

Wondering if there is a BASA rule book on the internet anywhere (.pdf file)?

Also, what is the ruling about the number of non-black players on the field and/or roster?

Thanks.

Re: Rules question

If I remember correctly I thought the rule was 3 non black players on your roster

why we speaking of rules.
im wondering about two rules and if someone with some creditals could answer this it will be greatly appreciated and let all umpires be aware of rules.

does pitcher have to be in contact with rubber during pitch if he is not and the batter does not swing it is a BALL no matter whether batter swings or not.

does runner on first base have to be in contact with white bag or not or can he stand on orange because the guy that bats behind him is left handed and he doesnt want to get hit with the ball.

and word to the wise if you are on first and the guy up to bat is left handed and his first swing he always hits it foul you might want to stand on the white bag to protect yourself anyway. if you know what i mean WOLF.

The pitcher have to be in contact with the rubber up until he releases the ball otherwise this should be called a ball regardless if it is a strike or not because the infraction took place prior to him delivering the ball to the plate. On the runner standing on the wite vs the ornage base prior to the batter batting is that he must be on the wite base b/c the ornage base is for when the batter/runner is running to first base only and was he is declared safe he must stay in contact with the white base until the next batter makes contact or the ball crosses the plate(depends on the tournament rules) if he is on the ornage base then he can be called out.

You must stand or be in contact with the white base.
If the base runner uses the orange portions (safety base) at any time after the first attempt at First Base and is not in contact with the white portion, then he is considered off the base.

On the 1st base question, we were told in our game Saturday that if the batter was left handed we could stand on the orange bag. Otherwise, we have to be on the white one.

for safety I seen where the orange bag is utilized but this weekend they did not let us use the orange bag!!!!!1

HAY SKUD 34 I'M NOT B.A.S.A MANAGEMENT. BUT THE RULE IS THE PITCHERS MUST HAVE ONE FOOT IN CONTACT AND THE UMPIRE MUST PAY ATTENTION TO IT) IF IT'S NOT IT'S A BALL.THE RUNNER MUST RUN TO THE ORANGE BAG OR THEY'RE OUT. AND YES YOU MUST STAND ON THE WHITE BAG. ONLY THREE IN B.A.S.A ON THE ROSTER SO THEY SAY.

thank you all for your replies but those rules changed this weekend depending on who was umping the game i believe there should be a consistency in umpiring so everyone can be on same accord. i understand safety but hey it is what it is if you dont want to get hit wiht foul ball while on first then run to second.
i would hate to think that rules only apply to certain players and teams but that may just be the case and if so let me know what players and teams they are so i will know that way i dont have a complaint and i wont take a strike that i think is a ball.

All the answers that were given I agree with and are correct. The rules can change depending on what tournament you are playing in. If you are playing in a sanctioned tournament, all the rules must be and should be followed. If the tournament is not ie BASA, or another organization, the director of the tournament can put in his or her own rules for example if you have local by laws. If a specific team is sponsoring a tournament, it's probably good to ask the rules at the drawing or ask before the first pitch of the tournament.