BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To live together or not that is the question of the day!!!!

Now I'm not talking about anyone or anything like that and know that this is wrong, but sometimes it can be a good thing. My question to you is this: Do you think it's ok for a man and a woman to live together before they get married? Me personally I think you should live together for the simple fact that people change when you not around. You can find out a lot about people when you live with them. Does he leave his draws on the floor? Can she really cook or was that food bought at the resturant and then pre-heated.....ha ha ha

Re: To live together or not that is the question of the day!!!!

..is she wearing a wig?, or are those her Hips? does hisher feet stink? .....does not look like the night I met you? where's your EYEBROWS? you snore? .....etc.....

What about does she have an oder...does he leave a ring in the tub and dont clean it.....yawll know how it goes....Can we get some real talk on this please. ha ha ha

I really think so because you really get to know a person.....sometimes people really gets on your nerves...If that occurs then why marry that person when it is only going to end in a divorce so why!!!!!1

....you didn't look that BIG in those Jeans? ,and Your hair is real corpse!! is that yours? ....and the best of them ALL......Are you Bipolar? ....you are.... .......got to

Whether he farts anytime he feels like it...

what about does HE snore, shave and leave the hair in the sink, wash all the clothes together and not sort them first, you sleep with the tv on and he doesn't, one of y'all is a morning person and the other is not!!

I THINK NOT B/C IF U LIVE 2GETHER CHANCES R U WONT MAKE IT 2 THA ALTAR LIKE THE SAYING GO WHY BUY THE COW WHEN U ALREADY GET FREE MILK MAN/WOMAN BUT IF U HAVE THE HOTS 4 THAT PERSON THEY CAN DO NO WRONG AND LITTLE THINGS THEY DO WONT EVEN MATTER THATS REAL TALK LADIES HOLLA.

If you want to know about the average woman, just ask the average man. Most men spend a significant percentage of their time discussing women.

Of course, all that conversation has never brought them any nearer to actually understanding the fairer sex.Nor has this dialogue been known for its depth.The qualities which seem to attract the most attention have little to do with a woman's true worth.

If we want to fully appreciate this value, we must not concern ourselves with the average woman.We must focus on the excellent woman.

If you are a single man, this is the kind of woman that you ought to be looking for.If you are a lady, this is the kind of woman you ought to be striving to become.

You see, the odds are stacking up against gals who long for a stable home and family.The pool of worthwhile, marriageable men is drying up.The rise of homosexuality has cut into that number.The rise of crime has taken a much bigger bite; in the black community, there are more men in prison than in college. In some parts of the country, the proportions are shrinking to the point where there are five ladies for every man.If you are a committed Christian woman looking for a man who will fulfill his role as the spiritual head of your household, the numbers become even more depressing.

Like it or not, it is a fact of life that the ``market'' favors the males.Sheer numbers work to their advantage.

But take heart!While it is true that average women abound, an excellent woman is a rare find.

That's what we're told in Proverbs 31:10-31, a poetic passage by King Solomon: A wife of noble character who can find?She is worth far more than rubies.Her husband has full confi dence in her and lacks nothing of value.
The man who selects his bride according to Proverbs 31 is no fool.Other men base their decision on secular criteria and, too often, find that they got less than they bargained for.

Men, the choice is yours.You can base your selection on what you see at the movies or what you read in the Bible.The screens of our theaters and television sets abound with lovely ladies.But that kind of physical attractiveness goes no deeper than the two-dimensional image that flickers in front of us. We live in a day when cosmetics can turn practically any woman into a beauty queen.We live in a day when 12-year-olds can be made to look like 25-year-olds.We live in a day when beauty has become a false criteria of value.

This is not to say that beauty does not have its place.However, heed the warning of Solomon:``Charm is deceptive.'' (v30) Remember, beauty has an unbeatable enemy: time.(Often, it takes less time than you thought!)Inevitably, wrinkles, weight, grey hair, cellulite and gravity have their way of repainting your picture of loveliness.

The story is told of a man who went to the opera one evening. As the melodic voice of the talented soprano drifted his way, he fell instantly in love.Though he had never met this lady, he con- cluded that anyone who could look so good and sing so well had to be the woman for him.After the performance, he presented himself backstage to meet the woman of his dreams.

As luck would have it, his zeal paid off.Within a matter of days, the two were married and off on their honeymoon.On the wedding night, the unsuspecting man made some startling discov- eries.As soon as the door closed behind them, the blushing bride ripped off her wig, revealing her nearly-bald head.She scraped off the thick makeup that camouflaged the crevices in her face. She took out her glass eye and popped it into a dish on the night- stand, right next to the drinking glass that held her false teeth. Finally, she unstrapped her artificial leg and propped it up in the corner.Her ritual complete, she turned to her husband and smiled a toothless smile.

Surveying his bride, the man cried out, ``Sing, honey, sing!!'' The moral of the story is clear.Beauty is an unreliable foun- dation for a life-long relationship.

On the other hand, a man who bases his choice of a mate on Proverbs 31 will find himself with a wife he can depend on for support and encouragement.Her demeanor and commitment give him utter confidence.

Final Thoughts About Jewels
An excellent, noble woman is a precious jewel.But unlike natural gemstones, they can be made out of fairly common raw material.All it requires is a willing spirit, a tender heart and a reverent fear of God.

Sometimes it can be frustrating to examine a flawless gem like our Proverbs 31 woman.How can any of us live up to such a high standard?Remember, every precious stone comes from the rough with imperfections.It takes the chisel of the Master Jeweler to chip away the flaws and form the facets that reflect His light.

Hope this answers your question about living with a woman first. If God sends her you win, if you choose, you loose.

that is true for some PT, but I know a lot of newly weds who sent through some severe growing pains when they first got married. They did not know the person they were marrying. I guess it depends on how true and genuine the couple is. But what is the difference in living together and not, when you are still committing the same sin, one of y'all just gets up and goes home in the morning. I am not saying it is right, I'm just sayin

I agree Ms. Dat, sin is sin

I think it's always good to know what you are faced with, it's call preparing yourself for the future (hopefully). Then, you will know if it is going to work out or not. That way if it doesn't work, each person can go there separate way without all of the drama. Unless, other things become apart of the picture such as a child.

****, I thought that was your car, IT'S A RENTAL..
You look different up close, please get out of my face. You want kids........... I thought you had enough... I didn't know you had gingivitus.. **** I got to take care of you, I didn't know I was going to be the head of household(the one with most of the finances ).. You gots to go, I'll see you when I want to see you, you GOTS to GO..

What's up Ms. Nashville. How you doing Ms. Lady?

Just Us#11

Church, that was a hilarious post. I have dealt w/ a bi-polarite and the best thing to do is RUN fast as u can! Ha ha ha!

E West...they'll fool you everytime....

I am DEFINITELY a proponent of living together before marrying.

1) It's all well and good that the ultimate goal (FOR SOME) is to make the trip to the altar. BUT, it is a SERIOUS thing to take vows before The Almighty (at least to me). So why not be sure before taking that step?

2) And, to play devil's advocate...AND, at the risk of setting off the traditionalists and the Essence-addicted sistas...what's wrong with "free milk"?

Without a doubt I would have to say NOT because this goes against the marriage covenant. I think that a lot of people rush to the altar before they really and geniunely know a person. We as a people are so quick to give in to our fleshly desires by lusting after one another and engaging in sexual intercourse. I am aware that there aren't many virgins left, yet just because you have sinned doesn't mean that you have to continue to do so. I know that temptation is rough but that is why we should turn to the Lord to help us through difficult times. I think Celibacy is an excellent option and more people should choose that route. I know that it's not all about sex but it does have a lot to do with it. If you take your time and really get to know one another you will find out a lot of things before jumping the broom. Patience, abstinence or celibacy, and faith are key factors.

Another thing, just because your cousin/sister/mama/daddy or whomever did it and it worked out for them doesn't mean that you will have the same results.

Dap

Wuz up Hot #11, just chilling down here in Cashville....

Living together doesn't mean that you have to sleep together!!!!!

Greene#44...
Signing...OFF..

Good point Greene....what's up witcha?

that's true Greene. some friends of mine did that very thing. for the 6 months before they got married they were celibate, and they had been together for 10 years

You're right living together doesn't mean sleeping together yet the chances are very high depending on the relationship. I just happen to find it best not to flirt with temptation by avoiding the situation at all cost. I think flirting with temptation is a setup for failure. Now, this isn't anything against the men but they tend to have sex on the brain a lot more often than women and I find it hard for them to live under the same roof with their significant other and not be able to have sex with them (outside of the marriage covenant). But hey, different strokes for different folks.

Yeah men have sex on the brain alot but if you let him know where you stand as a person then if he really loves you then he will respect you by not over stepping his boundarys...If he still tries to do the do before wedding nite then maybe be he isn't the right person for you...Because that just shows you that he doesn't respect your views as a person......Now i'm not talking about saying one thing then walking around half naked and flirting with him and then turn the tables when he takes the bait.....You have to stick by your words and if he truly loves you then he will help you by not trying.....

Greene#44...
Signing...OFF..

Hey what's up HC I see you're holding it down as always....We is your LAZY Prezzzz....OOpps my fault there can only be one and we all know that it's Ms.DAT....Now I want you to say it!!!! SAY IT!!!!

..,MSSSS DATTTTTT
MSSSSS DATTTT

HEY DOG I THINK YOUR GOT HIM LOL HES BUGGING OUT

Davida #7 (GAMIXX) #4(WWB)

Spell check (Where Is) My Bad I need spell check on alot of other words but this one touched a nerve...

Greene#44

I've been living with my husband for 10 yrs with children before we got married, we had a good relationship back then, and after 24 yrs, we still have a very good relationship. To me, its best to find out about that person before you get married.

What's up Davida??? How are things popping off in your neck of the woods...

Greene#44...
Signing..OFF..

MY BAD SPELL CHECK, "I THINK YOU GOT HIM", DANG GREENE YOU GOT ME OVER HERE MISPELLING STUFF ..

OH NO THERE HE GOES AGAIN,... MS DATTTTT MS DATTTTT

What's up Greene
Davida

Green did you get my email?

Man I feel a little funny.....somthing aint right. My Hennessy smell funny, and why is the room spinning....ugh Wade I.........officer down

WHATS UP GIRL...SLOW MOTION IN CASHVILLE BABEEEE, SLOW MOTION, I AM SO READY TO GET OUT OF HERE ON FRIDAY ,

WHATS UP LIL G GIRL...HOWS THAT ANKLE???

That's the same thing I said when I read your reply....It's all good....It's human to mess up.. It's what you do after you mess up that makes you who you are!!!!!

Greene#44..
Signing..OFF..

I think I said that right...if not you know what I mean.....I hope.....

HEYYYYYY SOUTHERN GIRL, WHATCHA DOING? YOU READY FOR THE WEEKEND???

Yep, we knew it was a matter of time until you took that fatal sip....Let undess him ladys and drop him off on 4Ave....

Greene#44...
Signing..OFF

Southern Girl I got your e-mail...It's a done deal

Davida...Ready?
Yeah ready to hang out and meet some faces.

YAWL Holler at y'all later!!
It's quittin time

...can't respond with all this jibberish...just ...E-MAIL each other....HC did have a nice topic....now it's.....man it...... ...

HC IS NAKED HC IS NAKED

Help....help playa down, playa in distress....call 911 call the Justice league.....ha ha ha

move this BULL somewhere else

Oh poor baby it's hiding in your stomach!!!!!!

Greene#44..

Davida I think that #2Church and Ex are mad at us for messing up the topic....Heck it was going sour anyhow!!!

OH WELL!!!

Greene#44...

...we see all we have to do is have a good real talk session and the Playful ones never SHOW up...hMMMMMMMMMMM....

HERE HC, PUT THIS ON AND LETS GET OUT OF HERE THEY BOUT 2 C YO GOODS.

IF YOU SAY SO!!!!

SORRY EX #4, MY BAD, DIDN'T MEAN TO MESS UP YOUR POST, I WON'T POST ANYTHING EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN....... SIKE

GREENE YOUR CRAZY

Greene and Davida, I aint trippen I like to be all you had to do was ask.....ha ha ha just kidding but naw for real ha ha ha

HEY GREENE

THERES ANOTHER ONE, PT#30, YOU'RE NEXT IF YOU DON'T GET OUT OF HERE...

LOL that was a good one Davida...Better watch yourself you might make the men folk mad at you!!!!

Good looking out PT,30 them women try'n to get me.

PT, can I get some pants....it's cold out here for a player...ha ha ha

say something serious they'll leave.....or this will be another all-nighter between 2 people...that need to call each other on the phone....but Aiken will see who PLAYS on the team they REP...and who's .....now play with that......and you right Greene....!!...try and figure that one out!!

DARN IT DEE, I'LL

HEY GREENE,
GIRL LOOK WHAT I GOT... PT#30 ,

DANG PT#30 HOW YOU GONNA GIVE THAT MAN A , AND NO PANTS BOY YOU BETTER COVER UP B/F YOU CATCH COLD LOL

We can tell the only thing we see are a pair of ...

Poor thing that's why you stay mad...

Greene#44...

Hey HC and PT watch out and let me partake.....

Moose get at me later....

Why call my name #2Church????...I haven't done anything....See what I mean Davida...

Greene#44...

Please....I was agreeing with you statement to the TOPIC .....and You two are becoming real CLOSE...HMMMMMMMMMMM

Jump in potna and watch where you pointing that thang.

HERE HC, I HAD 2 BUY NEW ONES.

Oh my god too funny...Dang wade your shooting at us now....Guess what your aim is a little OFF...#2Church I guess the only two people you see replying is me and davida......Check again before you answer...

Greene#44...

Watch it #2Church...

NEITHER HAVE I GIRL...ANYWAY, HEY WADEY WADE HA HA YOU MISSED , GIRL WADE SHOOTS WORSE THAN YOU DO...

A! Exodus...I have those photo's of the ATL...and you will be SHOCKED!!!!.....so keep doing what you do....and check your box.....it's a handful....with face of the -----see for self...this the second time I got this......so I will share with you ALL

Hey davida they should be thanking us instead of trying to run us away....Look the topic is more entertaining....

Greene#44..

Good looking out PT,30 on the new gear...ha ha ha

U CAN TELL HE GOT SOMETHING AGAINST DAVIDA, B/C EVERYWHERE SHE IS, HERE HE COMES MESSING

HEY GREENE

LOOK WHAT PT#30 GOT HC TO COVER UP WITH, ITS A SMEDIUM T-SHIRT AND SOME DAISY DUKES ...OOOOOOH LOOK AT THEM LEGS

Oh I knew you like that
Oh I knew you liked that
You want to know all about that....ha ha ha

HC, LETS GET OUTTA HERE THESE GIRLS GONE WILD.

, GIRL NOW HES DANCING IN THEM GO HC GO HC

No more dance'n. Man PT30 remind me not to drink anymore.....they try'n to take advantage.

NOOOOOO!!!!!! HC DONT DO IT.

Got to get that money doooooog. You know I'm a struggel'n poet.

TAKE IT OFF, TAKE IT OFF...LOL

PT,30 I'm back......thanks for helping me out back there, good looking out I was about to do something strange for that piece of change.....they put something in my cup but I feel better now.....it's on now. ha ha ha

I'm not even in this situation nor have I ever been but I find this topic very interesting. I am not condemning anyone so please don't be offended by my opinion. At any rate,of course I would let him know where I stand yet just because I do wouldn't lessen the attraction and I wouldn't view his sexual/physical attraction towards me as a form of disrespect, it just confirms that he is only human. What I mean by flirting with temptation is not walking around half naked, I can be in sweats, uniform, or whatever and be fully clothed yet because we share the same space (and not necessarily the same bedroom)and the attraction is present the more likely something will pop off. Yet if you avoid the situation altogether it wouldn't occur. Once again, it's not all about sex though.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

LOL.....LOL Y'all are a mess! Thanks I needed that.

HC, WHY R U NOT COMING 2 SC THIS WEEKEND.