BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The Great ones

Softball is a game we all love and there are TONS of good players out there! My question to u all is, how do you measure THE GREAT ONES! What does it take for u to be put in the convo as the best hitter/ fielder/ outfielder out there! Holla!

Re: The Great ones

Some1 needs to answer this for me today, please!

Simple the great ones or the best hitter/ fielder/ outfielder is the one who you expect to get it done.
[cook]8 out of 10 times because none are flawless. [food]

This is only my opinion there is no right or wrong answer… this is a very opened question.

Offense

- When U step to the plate grown men back up to the edge of the grass. Pitchers, 1st Basemen, and other infielders ask you nicely not to hit it their way. Any 2 ft. space between two defensive players is spot where you might collect yet another basehit on your way to hitting .800+.

There is no single aspect of your offensive game thats not complete: the Swing-Bunt single, backside with authority, to the left/right/thru the pitcher, all four outfield gaps belong to you. The tape measure bomb is your closest friend!!! Bombs to all fields. Homeruns that are being talked about 5-10 years later.

Defense

Teams plan their hitting strategy based on the side of the field you're not on. You make a play so **** good that the opposing team and their fans congratulate you more than your own. If you can't make it the weekend of a big tournament, the whole team decides to stay at home. You field the ball, bobble it and still throw the runner out by 5 steps. Deep shots in the outfield gap and the runner stops at first. It takes four singles to score a single run. The outfield fence is like a ladder that allows you to reach and bring back potential homers.

These are but some of the factors that can make you a legend of the game. To me, being the best centers around what you can do for your team. Can you help a team that was good become the best? Can your presence in the lineup make others BELIEVE? Can you come thru when the pressure's the greatest?

What sacrafices are you willing to make to make your team complete: Leadoff, bat cleanup, bat last? Being the best infielder on the team, yet you move to the outfield to win. Stitting down when you are cold and letting other step up. Nurturing young talent and helping it develop. Believing in the guys in front, and most importantly behind you.

Your actions on and off the field is your ticket to greatness. If one overshadows the other, you accomplishments will come with but(s)........Balance being a great softball player, with a good friend, husband/father/significant other, and most importantly a good teammate, the accolades will come.

WB #24

Well said WBrown!!!

Well spoken Mr. Brown!