BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If a Man can't pay child support should he see his kids

There are some brothers who because of circumstances beyond their control can't remain current on their child support obligations. Are women right to keep brothers from seeing their kids because they can't pay

Re: If a Man can't pay child support should he see his kids

Dang right he has a right to see his kids....and come and pick them up on the weekend...I think that the women that use thier kids for money is lazy and need a good kicking.... ...

Greene#44...
Signing...OFF...

The reason i ask this question is i do a lot of Child Custody related cases, and it never ceases to amaze me how many women use their kids as weapons against the man, the withhold visitation rights sometimes even if he's paying because they're mad at him becasuse he has moved on, and maybe before he was drug addicted and is now clean, of lost his job and is now more successful without her. I just want to know what motivates women to use their kids as pawns

H3ll that's eazy their stupid azz h3ll.....I think for a whole month the roles should be switched....THEN I bet that their tude would change.....

Greene#44....
Signing..OFF..

Yes, I think he should see his childrens, every childs need to know they daddy, child support or no child support.

Ghost you like these controversial topics huh?

Watch it now!!! ..... females are not the only guilty party with playing with the kids!!!...

If a parent is not paying YES it is a problem... I don't agree that the child should be kept away but come on, I take issue with a parent not being responsible... If they eat then how in the hell can they stand the view in the mirror if they are not contibributing to the health and well being of the child... REGARDLESS of the relationship with the other parent!!!

The bottom line is that when you become a parent the child should come 1st!!! and using a child as a pawn is just DEAD WRONG!!!!!

Let me say this......

What happen when a man has visitation rights and pay child support but the mother will not allow him to see his child.
She will not answer the calls, but she cashes the checks.

I think that the father should be allowed to see his child regardless. A child's connection to his/her parent is more important than money. It is not that child's fault that his/her father is a deadbeat, hold the adult responsible not the child . Deal with the legalities later, if the father is willing to be apart of the child's life than make it happen.

..... ....I see is at it again..... ,my answer or rather opinion is to get JOINT custody....battle...I mean if she can get a baby sitter,go out,make sure heher gets to school..etc........I show in the can too.....and I don't know about the FELLOWS but I'm tired of paying RENT and CAR notes..... ,....so I'm putting down the BLUE PRINT and gone try and make this a two way....I pay...you pay.... the NORM....I'm jumping out of this SLAVE mentality....of the GOV.........it's becoming routine...child .....CHECK..... ...that's bull****....and That's REAL TALK!!....I'm out and all it takes is a FULL Time Job....the rest will follow

I felt compel to reply on this subject being a single parent. The system labels absentee parents, male or female, as being "deadbeat," simply beacause of them being absent in the child(s) daily activity. Child support helps secure the child(s) daily needs, e.g. food, housing, medical, dental, recreational activities, etc. Both parents should be in the child life but if an absentee parent do not pay child support, you would think one would wonder "is my child getting the best that can be given in reference to his/her needs. You should still be able to see your child but try to pay child support as soon as possible. I bet the absentee parent eats, buys the best clothing and possibly have a nice ride, but if one parent income is suppose to support that child(s) needs, wouldn't it be even better if just a small portion, and 9 out of 10 it is a small portion, of the other parent help secure that child eats, and have the same daily resource as the absent parent. Think about that next time, if you're an adsentee parent, and you're eating dinner, buying the finest clothing and you misssed child support, "Did my child eat today?" Forget that parent that's angry at you, think of your child that you help bring in this world. Peace.

Last night on Anderson Cooper there is a man suing his ex-girlfriend because he says he told her he didn't want children and she had a baby anyway, so he is suing not to have to pay child support. The issue then becomes should a man pay child support when only the woman wanted the baby in the first place, and what about women who purposely get pregnant just to get child support from a man because he's wealthy

Try and pay your child support as soon as possible,that's a cross answer ,you should of just said get a couple more jobs,and some parents or living much,much,better but who's to say every case and situation is not the same,so the next time I'm out eating I'll think about that $650paycheck that was sent,and I got a raise and it raised too,so I feel church,on that and I feel you too,good points on both

I don't believe in this "man not wanting to have a child" thing. Unless he's just a freakin' retard, he should know that it takes two to make a baby. If he doesn't want a child, then proper measures should have been taken to ensure that the female doesn't become pregnant. How stupid is it to say "I don't want a baby right now", when you are partly responsible for it being made. Don't put that kind of pressure on the female, sucka's!!!!

That's true too,should have been using rubbers or you heard this one ,I'll pull it out before I,oh ,there's the first mistake,second is she should her stated her case(or take the pill)be responsible for self and let him know,that's her temple,and he's been invited in,now ,you can't control someone else's ,and that sound like a controlling,always want his way ass

As a parent I feel whether you get child support or not, you and your child has to eat,have somewhere to lay your head, and have clothes right? So why ponder over something your not getting. If you get child support its great, but if not, hell you have to take care of your child anyway. When parents made these children they knew they would have to be taken care of whether it was by both parents or not, so me personally, I feel some women get over on these fathers with the child support thing. If you don't get it, I'm pretty certain the child will still be living just as you the parent is, but if you do, then that automatically makes the mother feel she has extra money to go out and buy nicer things for her and still maintain the child as normal. I think child support should be split equally between both parents. Its not fair the man has to take all the heat. In some situations the woman may put the man out even when he's a great father, but the system will still bust his head with child support, and thats not fair. I feel we as women need to take more responsibility in the child support thing and stop depending on the man. What are you going to do if the Father dies? TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILD!!! Mine, will always be taken care of whether I get child support or not, thats my responsibilit as a MOTHER.

Whats up with the women that you pay child support to and they want more?....Then when you can't send more then you want be able to talk to your child? I personally have became a homebody because I have a new job but my child support hasn't changed and I couldn't do the things I liked to do. Now that I have a second job, I have ends, but not the time. So for all you crying a$$ women that go to work, do what you want to do when you want, tell the dads "if you don't do this, then......" and get a check put yourself in that man's life for awhile. Then if you are a "real woman" you would respect what that man does do.

I feel you hurtin Dad, I had to fight a child support increase because my baby momma told me her husband was out of work and she nneded more money to supprot their household

It is amazing what I am reading .... Amy, Hurting dad and all those others that seem to feel that child support is not a big thing or it shouldn't be worried about and it's an infringement upon a man's way of living.... Come on!!!!

HELLO... The child is the priority here.... hell if you ask me it's the parents that are paying child support that have the easiest job... and typically unless it is CA or IL... all the absent parent is required to pay is 12% of their gross pay.... ANYONE that has a child at home knows that it takes a whole lot more than 12% to satisfy the wants and needs of your child. Not to mention the Day to Day sacrifices that come along naturally...

SO NO I don't give a .... how hard you have to work..Pay the child support and do it with a ... It's not like you giving it to a stranger... It's for your OWN...for Christ sake!.

Amy I do not agree... how can you suggest that a women forget about the support???? She no doubt is making mutliple sacrifices for the child including financial!!! like any good mother does....but so should the father....or if the father has the child..so should the mother... and if that is not happening they have the right to be AS
I know I would be if someone was not doing right by my child!! and I make more than enough money to take care of me and mine!!

Now what really is so darn sad and confusing is why their are so many cases that the absent parent has to be forced to pay...... Now that is absurd!!!

Oh, for the parents paying child support and not having an opportunity to see the child on a consistent basis...You need get your business in order..the court will create a schedule... That is if that's what you want.

Nik G

I had to have my ex-wife locked up on contempt of court charges to get the visitation thet was ordered in my divorce, so believe me women will ignore the court, and in Missouri the parents are required to disclose their income the the court combines the income determines what amount is needed to support the child then each parents percentage of household income is determined and the absent parent pays his percentage. The problem comes in when his income changes and he can't get a modification for three years, so even though he's payin he still accumulates arreages that's not fair then he's paying more than his fair share, that where most child support delinquies occurr nbot guys who just refuse to pay, but guys who have a high paying job the get laid off and have to take a lower paying one, their support payment should be adjusted accordingly don't yuo agree

Are You Sure?? I'm still from ya man..

Ghost.. I hear what you are saying... But she did get locked up for not adhering to the court order right?.... as far as the modification,The court is responsible for reviewing every 3 years; however if you have a change in circumstances YOU can initiate a modification hearing!!!

and yes I do agree... that a man or woman should pay according to ability... You can only do what you can do.... BUT I do not agree with the parents that don't keep the child as their CENTER focus until they are 18...... rather they are in the home or not...

But you won't get one unless the three year period has expired, she got locked up some many times she just got used to it, then she'd come up with all kinds of excuses why they weren't available, but she kept cashing the checks, fortunately now they drive so I see them often, but they still have to sneek to see their father, cause she's mad because i did better without her than with her, Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

...what's cracking?....Are you SURE?......how's it going 2day ....me...ah...the norm...

i say strap it up. if you are careless then pay the price. if you want to stay with your kids then stay with your wife. make her happy, keep her happy because if you dont Jody will. we all make mistakes sometimes we must pay the price sometimes for life. so all you fathers complaining about child support you have no merit. know who you lay down with or at least have some idea who you are dealing with. up your game and leave these broke a$$ beautiful easy lay women alone. Get a woman who has her own. believe me they are not hard to find. things dont work out she will show you that she is strong and doesnt need your money. therefore you can focus on being a father instead of all the drama. my ex has serious ends and eventhough i do plenty for my kids i am not obligated by her to do anything. if you dig in the garbage i assure you that you will find garbage and you will come out smelling like trash. so in other words an easy lay might come back to haunt you some day.

True dat

whats up Church. hey keep doing what you do these fools dont realize the message board is dead without you.

sho u right

Are you sure Now I am feeling you!!!

Ghost..you just made her mad at you for life!! What did you do???

Because on the serious side.. If both are mature and productive they will understand what they need to do and there will be NO DRAMA..and the child will benefit from that...

Thank You Lord!!!!

Well i NEVER SAID I WAS AN ANGEL, I MADE SOME MISTAKES BUT THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CHILDREN, THE CHILDREN ARE CONCERNED WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PUT ASIDE OUR DIFFERENCES BUT I DON'T WANT NO OTHER WOMAN AROUND MY CHILDREN, GET OVER IT

Nik G if you were so **** yellow i would be feeling you too. . no just kidding . i am through so dont run away.

So you are not seeing anyone that you feel is worthy to be around your children?....

So how do you feel about another man being around them??? I have some men friends that say they have problem with it... What is your explanation for this?

As a woman, I respect my ex enough to know that if he brings another woman around our son that she is going to have to measure up to what we have outlined as being positive for the child... as a matter of fact I want to know so that I can have comfort.

Of course all this is assuming you respect who you created this child with...

SHE MEANS MY WIFE, WHO THE KIDS LOVE AND CALL MOM, SHE ACTUALLY SPOILS THEM, BECAUSE SHE NEVER HAD ANY SONS, ONLY A DAUGHTER WHO I PROBABLY SPOIL

Look "Are you sure" I am not going to keep fighting you on this "skin tone thang" Don't you keep believing that old school sayin... The Darker the Berry the sweeter the juice Don't forget it's the fine that gets better with time!!

It's ALL GOOD, I'm not into yellow men...SO we are cool!

What Ghost ??? You just lost me!!! with your response..

Often times woman uses kids as ponds....I really think that custody over kids should be joint if both parents are willing to take care of the kids.....but you will find that most women don't want that but can't explain why because that extra money they get pays for the car, clothes and other selfish expenses the mother has.....This is a touchy subject but to be real alot of men has lost their lives in order to pay over inflated child support.....and Nik G 12-25% of your gross income is alot of money do the math......because when that child live with the dad for the summer the mother is not paying 12-25% like the father did when the child was living with them....the system is one sided!!!!!1

I REPRESENT THAT MAN YALL SPEAK OF. I USED TO GET MAD AS HELL AND WOULD WANT TO PUNCH A HOLE IN THEY FACE BUT NOW I GREATLY UNDERSTAND THAT WE CANNOT OUTRUN KARMA.

What up Duerty Red, man you watching the

What up DURTEY REDDE #5 you watching these games?

WHATS UP MY KAT? I BEEN SO BUSY WORKING. I FINALLY GOT MY LAPTOP TO FINISH WORK ON MY BOOK. WHATS GOOD WITH YA?

Man I'm just chillen watching these games. I picked Kansas to win and they down be 3 with 51 sec left. A book hugh. Man we need to talk. What kind of book you doing? Hit my e-mail.

A IF YOU GONE BE UP IN THE NEXT 45MIN HIT ME AT 314-229-7060 IM FINNA RIDE OUT AND MY EMAIL IS SOLOBOY1@PRODIGY.NET

I tell you what. I will it you up tomorrow and then just hit me back when you can.

#15... I have done the math.. and I STILL say that the parent with the child is spending that and a WHOLE lot more....

and as far as the support not being reduced when the child is away... I don't know about in your state but here in MI the support is reduced anytime the child is with the other parent for more than 6 days. If someone is being jerked by the system Do your homework......

I don't have a problem being fair and only pray that anyone involved in this situation will realize that the child should be worth 100% of anything that they are earning!! That goes for custodial and non-custodial parent....

But why should the child support be reduced when the child is with the other parent for more then 6 days....shouldn't you be paying the exact same child support the non-custodial parent is paying.....Now that is whats fair......I don't know what they do in MI but in GA no orders are charged unless you go to court and that can take up to 4-6 months.....bottom line is if the custodial parent had to pay the same amount that the non-custodial parent pay then things would be groovy but they don't and futhermore they should do an audit on the child support money because all of it is not going toward the childs need!!!!!1

What it all boils down to is maturity. Putting the childs feelings and needs before you own. As a single mother who sometimes recieves support I can sympathize on both sides. Men please remember that your support is to allow the child to live in the same luxuries and comforts that you live. If you make decent money and have a lavish lifestyle then why should your child live in poverty? While many of you think that your support goes to car notes or hair, and nails, how about it just frees up her money to be able to do things for herself. Now if it is a situation where your paying a lot and your child does not have the necessities then you have a valid arguement.

Some of you complain about or flat our refuse to pay child support and it barly covers your childs needs. I am a custodial parent who soley provides for the child. While her father, can be out here on the circuit playing ball every weekend, and bowling in the off season. I can complain because what he is supposed to pay $114 a month he does not. I may see a $20 check here and there. It takes way more than that a month to clothe, feed and shelter a child. Yes I could get the courts involved further, but why should I have to force this man to take care of his own flesh and blood. Besides, he will have to answer to the Lord above and his child for his actions.

Some things to remember - If you drive a nice car, then why shouldn't your childs mother? If you live in a nice home, then why shouldn't your child. The more rooms you need the more your going to pay, in addition to the nicer the area etc... Stop complaining and realize that your kids are being taken care of, AGAIN they deserve to live just as nicely as you do. If your not willing to step up and be custodial or full time parents please stop crying. That child didn't aske to be here, so now that it is, step up and do everything possible to ensusre they have the best possible chances for success.

Just my two cents
Phyllis

You hit the head of the nail then Phyllis.....but what about the father that has to ride the bus and the mother is riding in a Lexus....shouldn't he live the same lifesytle of the child or no.....See it's always about the custodial parent but if you asked the custodial parent for your child the first answer would be no......why.....I guess they don't want to give up that Lexus payment!!!!!1

You do know that in all cases it isn't about the money, as to why the custodial parent won't give the child up. In my case, I wouldn't do because I don't trust him. The door will always be open to him if he ever decides to step up and be a father. That is if his daughter doesn't close the door first (her option not mine).

But back to what you were sayig, We as Women do what we gotta do to get what we want & need. We hustle just like you men do. We have good jobs and make good money also. If you are on the bus and she is driving a Lexus, are you sure it is your money that is paying that bill?

...I would give you a nice response 1-7....but I rather keep it clean....and I'm just going to agree with "AMY"..SHAKUR

.....Durrty REDD and #15....I'll like for you two to respond....and ....I know you have something to say about that last statement......

Ladies some guys really cant afford child support right away, speaking from experience, when I broke up with my ex, I took nothing from that relationship but my clothes and the worst of the two cars, so I had to find a place, pay the rent+deposit, and piece together somewhere to sleep and sit down in my new place, so it cost quite a bit to start over, but as soon as I got back on my feet, I was there for my baby financially and phyically, I was giving my ex $500 per month and she made more than me, but as soon as she found out I had a woman, she put me in the system, that was no problem because I was ordered to pay 375$ per month, after we came from court it was on, you here me, I would go to pick up my kid on my weekend visit, my baby was sleeping over a friends or families so I would find out where and go get my baby, (you know a game)and when that didnt work, she would put my baby on punishment for the weekend I was suppose to have her, and I would have to get the cops and put the(no offense to anyone)white man in my business because I would have to show them my custody papers to get her, the only loser in situations like that is the kids, I know all the ladies on this board have more class than that, let you tell it, some of the so called dead beats are that way because of that womans ignorance too, not just his..

That's how it always is, when the baby momma finds out the dad has a new woman they want to bring the courts into the situation or tell them they can't see their child. Whatever. I keeps mine hip to everything pertaining to the child support. If he's paying then he has a right to see his child, and now they go by both parents salary. Its not all the Father's fault, some of these women need to step up and take some of the blame too. They just want to see the Father do bad because their not with them anymore. Grow up. The child is the important thing, not you. If my man don't have it, I pay it for him and I still do for his kids.
Remember the Kids come first.

NO!!!!!! IN MY SITUATION ONLY!!!!!! I am with a lady and her kids' father doesn't pay a single dime. He is 30k in arrears and will not pay, but he wants to fight over his kids. If you aren't taking care of them and you buy 10 pair of Jordans for yourself, then that tells me waht you really think about your kids. The few times that he has seen them, he has done nothing but talk sh#$ about me to them. I have a daughter from a previous marriage and I pay child support and then some. In additon to that, I buy all of her clothes and shoes.

True to life....It is happening all over the world and the ones that don't pay are the ones making ti bad for the ones that do......situation I'm currently paying child support but I have my child living with me.....court stated that you have to wait 6 months because you are not legitmized and she can come get her at any moment.....okay my other daughter's mother just come and lie to the school and take my baby out of school.....every time she don't want her she gives her to me but when she find out about me going to court to get child support she comes and get her daughther.....police stated that it ain't nothing I can do....so i know it is alot of trifling women out there.....they are just as DEAD BEAT AS SOME MEN IS!!!!!1 i just want to kick her Freaking door in dumb B!!!!!!1