BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Daily Meditation for 03/13/06

Good Morning Board,

Here's the Meditation for the Day. Have a Good One!

Good Morning,
Being content can be challenging and being satisfied takes a lot of sacrifice especially when the world measures our success by quantity and not quality. But a life full of stuff, silver, shoes, and suits really serves of no purpose without salvation, substance, security and significance. In fact you may know of someone who has it all, whose life has only consisted of accumulating and acquiring material things, but they are always sad, they are not secure or stable, they are always sick, they are always seeking something else, or someone else. The Bible tells us that Godliness with contentment is great gain, but Godliness without contentment is a great loss (1Tim 6:6).
When we start to desire the character traits of God (not man) and be willing to accept God's will in our lives, we will experience and LEARN contentment without resentment and will LEARN how to be satisfied without stuff. Once we get a firm grip on the SUBSTANCE of God, then the STUFF of God will overflow.

Not that I speak in regard to need,
for I have LEARNED in whatever state I am to be content.
I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound.
Everywhere in all things I have LEARNED
to both to be full and to be hungry,
both to abound and to suffer need.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Philippians 4:11-13

Corliss B. Richardson, Co-Pastor
Trinity Christian Center
www.trinityccenter.net

Re: Daily Meditation for 03/13/06

Amen and thanks for that.

Re: Daily Meditation for 03/13/06

No problem