BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
do you thank that these new bat's that have come out has made average hitters better

a lot of players could'nt get the ball out of the park with out the help of these new bats, witch changes the game to the point that a player has to make even hotter by shaving the bat. i wish that we went back to the old style of playing ball,where the ball was hard,but the bat was normal and the true hitters would hit the home runs,and the base hitters would hit the base hits. that was real softball at it's best.

oldschool ball player that misses the old days

Re: do you thank that these new bat's that have come out has made average hitters better

i agree. if it wasent for these bats teams loke grayston,godfather,maverics,team bbq,and all these so called power house teams would'nt do as well as they do. thats why they cry so much when they use those soft balls to hit,because only real hitters can hit a soft ball out of the park.

a true hitter

Re: do you thank that these new bat's that have come out has made average hitters better

hold up playa! the Mavericks are a great hitting team without the special bats and trust me, we havn't had a shaved bat ever. just really good hitting and smart ball playing has got us the recognition that we deserved. learn us before you speak down on us.

A REAL HITTING TEAM!

to #21, my bad. i pitch and see and hear the sounds of every bat that is hit of me and yes some of your players off your team are good hitters,but a few of them have shaved bats!!!!!! i no. i talk to them and they told me. but most if not all the big teams use bats with a specical touch.

i still love the game

ps-much respect for the maverics

Hummmm! The technology of today has changed the game a great deal. However Oldschool player, teams like Graystone, Godfather, Team BBQ do not have weak sticks in their lineups. Lets think back in the old days when there were 38 oz bats with T4000 balls shooting through the infield. During that time, people complained about the balls. Now it's just the bats.

If these teams were using the old C405 along with balls that BASA uses, the results would still be the same.

I can not comment on the Mavericks. I have not watched them play. I look forward to seeing the super rec this year with all the attention it's getting.

Wizard

'old school player from the old days'__ I don't know where you played 'back in the day'. Watching my Pops play, back in the old days, (late 70's mid 80's) in the old 'Detroit Bar Association' leagues (which was equivalent to competitive teams of today), those guys often used fabricated bats. My Pops would spend hours in the basement working on his bat__ He could easily hit a ball 400' feet EASILY!

ebonically brilliant and provocative_____________

super d(motordetroit)

I think that all these new bats are definately changing the hittters in the game, there are not as many dead outs as there use to be in some lineups, after the first inning as a pitcher you could identify them, but now the number 9-11 hitters can kill you, but dont ever get me wrong there are some hitters out there that will be good hitters with a wood bat, a hitter is a hitter the bat just makes them a more dangerous hitter physically, homerun hitters will be homerun hitters, but those use to be blooper hitters are now hitting missle through the middle, that is your biggest change

Now, I have played in tournaments where I knew most of the guys playing and new that they couldnt hit it out from middle center field, but when they use the Mikens and Eastons they become this 4 and 5 position hitters. The new bats today have man alot of boys into men, but it still doesnt change much. Once the homeruna are gone what are they going to do? I play competitive and if you have watched most of the competitive games you will see that the guys who get up there and hit them 500 feet, cant do a thing once the homeruns are gone but pop the ball up or hit a blooper trying to take off their swing. THE BAT MAKES THE MAN IN THIS GAME TODAY....