BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What do you guys think about the Barry Bonds thing?

I am a Barry Bonds fan. He is without a doubt the baddest man to lace them up. It seems that baseball and the media are on a personal crusade to ruin this man. I cannot condone taking steroids, but if he did, he wasn't the only player using, and most importantly, it wasn't on the MLB banned list. They are calling for this man to quit baseball because of what 2 guys wrote in a book. What happened to innocent until proven guilty. This man hasn't been tried or convicted of anything. You had other players being deceitful in front of congress with no penalty. It doesn't matter what you take, you gotta have the skills,(hand eye coordination and bat speed) People seem to forget this man already had 3 MVP trophies before 1998. What do you guys and girls think? Sorry I got long winded.

Re: What do you guys think about the Barry Bonds thing?

I'm truly a BARRY BONDS FAN...but I feel my comments may be a little ....but I will respond later

Big Al that is some fraginakle bull if you ask me. Leave that man alone. Until he test positive for it we have no proof. Them roids aint making him hit that ball, but thats just me ha ha ha

They are just haters. Ever since Mark McGwire fell they have tried to crucify him as well. That being said, I personally don't care for him. He is a lot like OJ. He is off in this fantasy world, but when the doodoo hits the fan, he wants to be "real" again.

If they throw out his records, then throw all of the recent ones out. He is a tremendous talent, and unlike softball, it still takes a lot of skill to first make contact with a ball coming at you 100MPH.

What about the Hall of Fame? A lot of the writers are saying they won't vote for him.

I dont understand that either, now they will vote for Mark and some say that he is a 1st ballot hall of famer. Barry's stats speak for themselves. Not just his homeruns but his overall stick is one of the greatest of all time even with all the walks that he gets. Not to mention he is a 7 time MVP award winner.

I say the man is innocent until he pops positive on a drug test. I am not Bonds #1 fan, but enough is enough. On the real it has nothing to do with any of the other players mentioned in previous post. It has everything to do with them not wanting tthis man to go down in baseball history as being greatest player to ever play the game. The best way top accopmlish this is to tarnish his image...nad they have done a masterful job if you ask me. Like it or not Barry is the best player to ever play the game...NUFF SAID!!!

AMERIKKA HATES THE FACT THAT A BLACKMAN IS ABOUT TO PASS WHO THEY REALLY CONSIDER THE HOMERUN KING'S RECORD, BABE RUTH. HANK AARON STILL REALLY IS NOT RESPECTED IN THAT RANKS. IVE SEEN A COUPLE OF BABE RUTH MOVIES AND NOT ONE HANK AARON. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT BOND NEVER DID PLAY THE GOOD N@#*&A ROLE FOR THE MAJOR LEAGUE SYSTEM. NOBODY MADE ANY ALLEGATIONS WHEN HE WAS IN THE 400 AND 500 HOMEUN COUNTS. WHEN BONDS TOLD AMERIKKKA HE WAS ONLY PASSING THE BABE AND NOT HANK AARON, NOW THE SPORTS WRITER, AND HISTORIANS OF BASEBALL TOOK THAT AS A DIRECT SLAP IN THE FACE. AND THE REASON BONDS IS NOT CONCERNED WITH HANK'S RECORD IS BECAUSE OF ALL THE HATE MAIL AND DEATH THREATS HE RECIEVED WHILE IN THE PROCESS OF SHATTERING A RECORD HELD BY A SO-CALLED AMERICAN HERO. MARK MCGWIRE CAME TO STL AND HIT 62 **** HR'S AND THE NAMED I-70 MARK MGWIRE HIGHWAY! WHAT THE F#%#! NELLY MADE AGOOD POINT THAT OZZIE SMITH ACCOPLISHED MORE, WON A WORLD SERIES, ETC, AND WHAT DOES HE GET? YOU GONE START BEHIND BUM ASS ROYCE CLAYTON! MARK MGWIRE FOR **** SHO USED STEROIDS, BUT WERE IS THE HEATED MEDIA TRACKING HIM DOWN? BARRY BONDS HIT 74 HR'S IN ONE SEASON WHAT DOES HE GET? DO THE MATH PEOPLE. BABE RUTH NEVER FACED THESE CALIBER TYPE PICTERS NOWADAYS. BONDS DOES. YOU HAVE TO HAVE AN EYE AND GOOD TECHNIQUES. I REALLY WISH THEY WOULD BRING BACK THE NEGRO LEAUGES ON EVERYTHING BECAUSE BASEBALL JUST LIKE MANY OTHERS BIT ME IN THE ASS COMING OUT OF COLLEGE.

Babe Ruth probably would not have even hit Satchel Paige so by saying that Barry is the best baseball playa of all time if he pass the record or not....He could quit now and I would think he's the best.....How can a person be consider the best when he only played against subpar playas.....Blacks are the best atheletes in the world so if you didn't play against them how could you be consider the best....
this is the stuff I'm talking about....as black folks....where are all the atheletes to support this man....If Black baseball playas speak out then what could they(media,commisioner) do?????1

Bottom line is this is a witch hunt. As previously stated, Bonds never played nice with the media, he wasn't humble and didn't embrace them with open arms now they are trying to put a black mark on this man's entire career. Unbelieveable!!!! Mark McGuire is bigger than 95% of all linebackers and Defensive lineman in the NFL but noone is knocking on his door. I'm not even saying Bonds never used the roids because I can't & neither can anyone else say for sure. This man was a 40/40 guy when he weighed 175 to 180 lbs. Funny how these reporters make a career out of covering these athletes then at the end of the athletes careers the reporters turn on him. Bonds is a great story whether he's friendly or not to these clowns, they can't change what he's already done and they hate him for that. Don't get it twisted we all know what this is really about.....my S-K-I-N is my sin.

WOORRRRD UP! 2CENTS

The thing that the media keeps on talking about how big he got over the last ten years, if any one dedicates himself to the gym and their body for ten years who would not get bigger, and then they are taking the word of a lady who tried to extort money from him, saying that she watched how much he grew over the years and that he had acne on his chest so it must have been roids, if he did take roids they were not banned at the time and he never failed a test yet, and how could they say that he was jealous of Mcgwire that is when he started to take them, jealous of a guy who hit 260 with 70hrs and 1 walk, please bonds was and is hands down better that Mcgwire..

Bonds May have taken roids or growth hormones in the past, but at the time they were not banned, but why is it that nobody ever questioned Jeff Bagwell, but that is how they do a brother, they dont want him to past babe ruth, but always throw hank aaron out there like they care, but it is ruth they dont want to get passed by a guy that the media cant stand, nobody question why babe ruth was so much stronger than every one else, and all the power hitters(white) at the time all pretty much died at a young age, maybe just a coincedence.....