BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tasteful Tuesday Testiments

Good Morning BASA World... It is kind of quiet this Tuesday morning on the board and the perfect opportunity for me to share some "Tasteful Testiments" to more so the Women of the Board..

Brothers, please feel free to take pleasure and remember... "We Need You To Be The MAN That You Were Created To Be"!

Anyway, as I was able to steal a moment of quiet time this morning, I found myself in an "evaluation mode" and as always I find it IMPOSSIBLE not to share positive insight with all those in listening/viewing range...

Ladies; Proverbs 31 is a Scripture of reference that I apply to my everyday life, and truly believe that all WOMEN created can benefit from doing so.
Specifically 31:10-31 which describes a Woman with Strong Character, Great Wisdom, Many Skills and Great Compassion.

Some people have an idea of a Godly woman being "retiring, servile, and entirely domestic"...Not so, not according to Proverbs 31...This woman is an excellent mother and wife; but is also a manufacturer, a manager, importer, realtor, seamstress and a merchant to name a few...
Her stregnth and dignity are however the result of her reverencing God!...
In our society where appearance counts for so much many tend to forget that True Attractiveness comes from Character. Let's Burn that in our hearts!

I challenge EVERY WOAMN on the board today to go and read Proverbs 31; and apply it and evaluate yourself to this description. Please keep in mind that the woman described has outstanding abilities, her family position is high and in fact may be a composite portrait of ideal Womanhood!

Personally, I do not see the Proverbs 31 woman as a model to imitate; but more so an inspiration to be all that I can be!!
I try to learn from her industry, integrity and resourcefulness.

Also take into consideration that all of these qualities begin and end with the command to Fear the Lord..
Hard work, foresight, encouragement, care for others, respect for your mate, concern for the poor and wisdom in handling money coupled with fear of God, leads to Enjoyment, Success, Honor, and Worth.

Proverbs is practical for us because it shows how to become wise, make good decisions, and live according to God's ideal.

Be Blessed!

Re: Tasteful Tuesday Testiments

Hey Nik G! Very good scripture... just to let you know how inspirational that chapter is.... It was used for Coretta Scott King.... if that's not motivational enough... I don't know what is... Have a good day...

...nice Piece

THill, I didn't know that..Thanks...
I would have to say the Coretta definitely aspired to be a Proverbs 31 women... Lord knows she was a PHENOMENAL WOMAN!! That much more reason for me to continue applying it to my life....

By the way ladies let me apologize for my typo... The challenge is to EVERY WOMAN
Sometimes those fingers are to quick

Great inspiration for all us ladies. i can see some areas I can step my game up ...
P.s. Church , don't trying kissin' up now.

Ms DAT....here's something for you?........ ....... ....

Nik G, thanks for sharing this and reminding me personally what I need to do in my efforts to becoming a Proverbs 31 woman. I know that some women due to busy schedules may not find time to pick up the bible so I have copied and pasted the verse reference below. Proverbs 31:10-31.

10 A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.

11 Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.

12 She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

13 She selects wool and flax
and works with eager hands.

14 She is like the merchant ships,
bringing her food from afar.

15 She gets up while it is still dark;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her servant girls.

16 She considers a field and buys it;
out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.

17 She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks.

18 She sees that her trading is profitable,
and her lamp does not go out at night.

19 In her hand she holds the distaff
and grasps the spindle with her fingers.

20 She opens her arms to the poor
and extends her hands to the needy.

21 When it snows, she has no fear for her household;
for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

22 She makes coverings for her bed;
she is clothed in fine linen and purple.

23 Her husband is respected at the city gate,
where he takes his seat among the elders of the land.

24 She makes linen garments and sells them,
and supplies the merchants with sashes.

25 She is clothed with strength and dignity;
she can laugh at the days to come.

26 She speaks with wisdom,
and faithful instruction is on her tongue.

27 She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness.

28 Her children arise and call her blessed;
her husband also, and he praises her:

29 "Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all."

30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

31 Give her the reward she has earned,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.

Thanks Playmaker #11... We are all in this together!

[8-) We can all use the reminder!

nik g very good.

amen Nik.g

Nikki I really felt that message loud and clear Proverbs is a very powerful chapter and if we don't know we should get to know it. Well said Nikki

I'm glad you liked that Skeet...You are absolutely correct; the entire book of Proverbs SPEAKS VOLUME!!!