BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
5 man Infield scheme__yesor no?

I'm not sure if there has ever been any type of lucid research or proof that a 'five man' defensive scheme actually works?

What is the key element for a successful 'five man'. Is it the pitcher, the infielders, or outfielders?

For example, if you have a shortstop with a full range of movement (like myself ), why would you play a 5 man? For the most part, from my personal experience, it does not work.

What's your opinion? Thanx.

_____________ebonically brilliant and provocative....

super d(motordetroit)

Re: 5 man Infield scheme__yesor no?

WHATS UP? IM A PITCHER AND THE BALL THAT WE PLAY WITHOUT A MIDDLE MAN I WOULD GET KILT.

I agree with Number 30(Prime Time). Super D, do you position yourself straight up or do you watch the batters so that you can shift left or right? Because even with speed + full range, if that ball is hit well, you will not get to it anyway.

Here in Racine, we are weird, we women play with 11 on the field and with a 12 inch ball. It makes people really have to hit, instead of just tryiing to go up the middle where there is no infielder

All you have to do is research on all tha winning champions in all of softball in tha mens division.Black or white and tell me how many did a 5-man team win then a regular team. You'll see it's not even close!!you need a great middle period....

the 5 man infield came about to close the hole between the ss and 3rd baseman; against righthand batters. in the upper divisions the ball is traveling so fast the hole is almost an automatic hit. the pitcher must fade to the oppisite side of the middle man and close that hole. so in the 5 man the pitcher is still responsible for fielding.