BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CLASS ACT IN CARTERSVILLE

BASA ERASED MY LAST MESSAGE,I GUESS I WORDED IT WRONG.WHAT I WAS TRYING TO SAY WAS GOOD LUCK...

Re: CLASS ACT IN CARTERSVILLE

Well looks like Class Act will have to play "COMP" this year..They are playing in the "B+" Division in Cartersville,that means the "whole Team" is classified as USSSA B,the Director looked at their roster and with Tony Mack (GFM) Rhodney Donaldson(Jean Shoppe) and said those 2 playas automatically classified them as "B+"

BASA Rules as follows:

Men’s Super Recreational
Teams classified as Super Recreational shall only be allowed two (2) male players that are Class B player. All other players must be Class C or below. No player ranked Class A permitted. Teams with this classification are subject to the (5) Homerun Rule, unless specific tournament rules states other. For instance, if a tournament has been declared to have only one division for Super Recreational and Recreational play, then all teams regardless to classification will be subject to the three (3) Homerun Rule.

Well looks like Air Mac will have to play Comp also. They are doing the same thing this weekend.

Looks like rain the weekend....may be cancelled

Ga has its own rules they are called state rules and also we are playing the 5 hrs the same as super rec

you are correct Air Mac also..Atlanta storm is playing "C" Class,always have,probaly always will,smart Coach

I wouldn't called it smart. If allowed he would put them in a D class tournament. From the outside looking in, one might think he is afraid of competition. Afraid if he plays up he might not win.

Class Act vs. Storm Storm lower division given runs at start of game

the other organization should make them play "B" class. they would play rec in BASA if given the opportunity.

I doubt that the coach is scared. What some fail to realize is that Owen is a smart coach and smart coaches make smart decisions. This tournament doesn't mean anything to the Storm, they are just playing to get in some practice.

ok BASA states:
The BASA rules require the top finishing team in each division of the previous year’s BASA WORLD TOURNAMENT to compete in the next higher division during the 2006 BASA WORLD TOURNAMENT.

The exception to this rule is if your team competes in another Black American program at a higher level the BASA will require you to compete at that level in our association

Storm wasn't a top team, and when they won the worlds these rules were not into play. Like I said they are playing for practice, and to others if you are not a B or higher team, then you shouldn't be competing in another program as a B or higher team.

well when they play class act or air mac this weekend, they should play them straight up and not take the runs.

okay storm its your turn to be bashed. here they come

Why are you worried about the Storm, they haven't said notin to no one. Let them be, maybe your just scared of them. After all they do have a great team, but their goal is just like everyone elses:
TO WIN THE WORLDS
Stop hating and go practice so you to will become a competitor

Well this must be pratice for all the teams too bad Class Act players has too travel so far to pratice. Whoever win this won't matter I'm sure neither team is full loaded.

Hey Greg the only reason yall aren't playing "A" is GA doesn't have an "A" program..yall are classified as "B+" (Super B) HR's don't matter,its still USSSA "B",which the rules state only 2 playas can be classified as "B" on a Super Rec Team..seems like your whole Team will be classified as "USSSA "B" after this tourney..it really doesn't matter to me,just an outside observer,with an opinion

basa are you guys going to look into this. usssa is usssa never heard of the rule changing state to state. if they play in a usssa b tournment then that team is consider to be a b team. that also means they move up to comp. basa stand by your rules just like you did with graystone and make them play where thay should. if you let these guys play super rec you just gonna create a problem knowing class act is from the lou!!!!! LETS HEAR IT BASA

What problem is there from being from the Lou it's only 2 B players on roster super rec in BASA all day, this is a BASA message leave U-trip info out.

hard to leave usssa info out since basa uses them as a foundation for their own rules. class act and the rest of the teams can play where ever in usssa......that organization allows teams to classify themselves at the beginning of the year and then play up if they so desire. all class act has to do is register as a usssa c team. their state director will probably allow it since most c teams at the world are b teams anyways. these guys put a team together to compete and it would be ashame if the basa made another bad decision to move another team up to the competative division that doesn't have any real following. who cares what they are in any other association. let them win all the time and then force them up....they have the right to spend there money and play at the level they want to. the super-rec in basa is where it is at. as far as atlanta storm, i give them much respect because they play it all. most people don't realize how hard it is to play d and c on some levels and then play up on other levels.....simply put, they obviously have a lineup that can adapt. again, i don't think we should scrutinize one of the better in basa and want them to move up.....hell, they help tournament directors fill tournaments.....people want to see them play. its probably time to start getting ready to play these teams instead of worrying about where they are going to play....wherever you meet, you better pack a lunch!

Why are you all crying about what Class Act is doing? Whether they play A,B,C or D, this tournament doesn't matter for classification. The 2006 season does not officially start until next month. So whatever they play now will be a moot point. If they don't play USSSA in Georgia again then they can be classed as they classify themselves. If you go by USSSA bylaws it takes 4 or A/B players to make them a B team. Go to the website and do your homework before you jump on someone else's bandwagon.

Until they are Nationally ranked stop whining and let them play. Then and only then will you have a leg to stand on and can complain from the mountain tops that they should be a 'Competitive' team.

Have a Wonderful Weekend!!!

maybe u need to read them again!

Rhodney is an A player though not B...His team won B Worlds which means all players are automatically classified as A players for this year. BASA rules state that Super Rec can not have any A players.

Air Mac has been playing B for the last 5 years, so what is the problem now.

It is true R.D.was playing B last year and the team as a whole was bumped up to A this year.As long as he dont play A at all and stays with his super-rec team and not jumping back and forth he is fine.Also he was either cut or released from ther rooster before the 06 season even started.The powers that be informed me and 2 other people that class-act only has 2-B ball players on the team. So by saying all of this lets play softball and stoppppppppp all this crying and just play the game between the lines.

once again....the fix is in!!

Whats funny about this whole situation is that , whoever is running there mouth on here is on a very scared team. Notice they use the name PLAYER, so my message to all the teams being bashed is ignore the clown until he puts his name on here.(BASA HOW ABOUT NOT PUTTING IT UP ON HERE)......
Now for my two cents
What happened to the days when everybody wanted to play the best teams so you could get your game on. If they playing in your class just play and try to win, or is that to hard, or to much work.
From what I here Class Act, Atlanta Storm and Air Mac represented US, very well. Now you want to get on here and Bash those brothers.Please, get a life and get your game up to where these brothers got their game .To be the best , you have to beat the best. You cant hide behind a computer at the plate so be man enough and put your name on here if you have a beef.........HATER .....PEACE

Franchise #21 derrty it's sum-one from tha STL.Tha funny thing about this is that my own city don't want me to play in my own town.Its always been like this since we won tha world back to back.They worry about if a certain team is in tha tournament than they don't want to in tha tournament.You'll be very shocked on some of tha players that's behind these fake names.Super-rec will be off tha chain and to me tha best team in super-rec to me will be either tha Storm,Derrty,D-Mavericks or West Coast Playas and even tha Xtreme team will be ready and don't sleep on tha Air-Mac family.It's going to be a great year for basa!!!!!

Yes I do agree it will be a very competitive division this year. I guess I am too new to BASA and I wouldnt have believed it to be some of your homies saying that about you. I really do believe to stop all the madness , BASA needs to have 2 divisions 1. super rec/competitive and 2. rec. I guarenntee you the championships will be spread out from week to week. I heard your big guy on the mound was cranking them 500ft. Who was he with last year..When are you all playing again. I have some of the guys I played with in the past on Georgia woodtoters say you guys have a solid team how did they look, this is their first year together with that team.

I'm not sure who your talking about on tha mound.I was pitching but not hitting it 500ftLOL!! that woodtooters team was pretty good i'm sure tha weather was a big factor on everyones play.We'll be playing in a couple of weeks in bristol Tnn but tha team will be playing this weekend in bama but i'm chillaxing at home this time.

good luck........have you noticed that when the haters got called out , a hush went over the board.What happened to the bashers...peace.

I heard that Class-Act played in Atlanta last week and so did the Atl.Storm but both won separate classes? How is that possible? They're both Super-Rec right? did somebody sandbag or get scared???

No one sandbag,class-act played in tha upper div wit 5 hr's and tha storm played in tha lower wit 3.no disrespect but they where i think working more on there base hitting but at tha same time they did what there suppose to do and that's winning!!

Nobody sandbag The ACT played in B division Storm in C division state U-trip tourny both of us are still super-rec in BASA. Read previous post.

So the Storm wanted to work on there base hitting("wink-wink") and chose not to hit with the big dogs? After all the talk on this board between these two about players switching teams etc...the two teams could have actually played each other. But one team wanted to work on base hitting, tell the truth they were scared to play the ACT. Umm..Umm..Umm.

As stated, Storm played in Class C, which they are a C team and always have been. Class Act being a new team decided to play in Class B. So Storm did what they always do and Class Act made a decision to play in the 5 hr division. No one team was trying to avoid playing the other, they will see each other plenty this year when they are playing for the and you are on the sideline .

You right….I'll be watching but I thought the Storm plays 5 HR anyway but this time they decided to play 3????? Peculiar... Oh that’s right Class-Act was playing 5HR and I forgot you needed to work on base hitting. So how many HRs for out did you hit? I'm betting in the whole tourney more than 7. But you did win so congrats…... I guess!

Storm is a 3-5-HR TEAM they can play either.Does it really matter what they play they still have to hit it and catch it just like the rest of us.D-12 holla at your boys that ELECTRICAL storm is brewing.We are looking forward to some EPIC battles with you guys this year.Peace #1 Sleeper of the year.

well actually i can recall only one. i also recall one game we only hit two. we have confident in the decisions of our coaching staff so we just show up ready to play. you must be ready to go when your name is called.

Wolf you are losing your focus!! Your team is Class Act not the Atlanta Storm. No need to try and explain anything for the STORM you have your hands full making excuses for Class Act. Why don't you post a message for Barry Bonds, or Sammy Sosa, maybe they will help you out this summer. How many players do you have on your roster? Focus on the players that you have and make them better. That's what a good coach does.(from me to you)Learn to work with what you got!!! Although you don't have to settle, if you ask, I could probably arrange for a try out with the ATLANTA STORM!!!

someone wake mama up she is dreaming again.A tryout for wolf with the storm no that is funny

To tha ms.lady that has alot to say.Tha storm team is too good for me to make your line up.D12 is tha best pitcher on tha circuit,and i'm still trying to learn how to hit.I could never make tha great storm team.Class-Act is really not a team.We are just chillaxing to play rec soon.If we played tha storm 10 times than we'll loose all 10 times.Now i was only assuming that you all where working on your base hitting it wasn't about dissing tha great storm team.I do not wish to play you all no time soon,please i don't even wish to be in tha same bracket either.You guys will win your 3rd titles this year.Best of luck,na you guys don't need luck,basa should change its name to S.T.O.R.M circuit.You guys are my idol and tha only reason we won back to back is because your team was about to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ooh now isnt that sweet. thank you almighty

Wolf, that was GREAT!! I like your sense of humor. It's all in fun. I know that you are a great competitor and ball player.

Ms.lady,if we can't have fun than we should stay off tha board.1st tymer,derrty you cool with me just watch out for my bunt swing if your playing 3rd!!!lolololololololol

i will pick it up but where i will throw it i dont know. hey enjoyed kicking it with you guys. glad to see that you know it just computer fun. see you in aiken. Later