BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why do you play the game?

With all the talk about winning championships, I would like to know why you play or coach. Do you play strictly to win a championship or for the spirit of competition? I'm very interested in the feedback generated from this question.

Re: Why do you play the game?

i think the goal of winning a championship and the spirit of competition go hand in hand. no matter how you try to give parity to the divisions....2 or 3 teams in each of the divisions are always going to rise to the top. being able to top off all of the hard work and sacrafice with a world championship is special. you have to keep your eyes on the prize.

Let me wax poetic for a minute: I play for the smell of the glove on my hand or that darn strawberry that I seem to get every year. I play because it keeps me in shape. I love putting on my uniform and making sure my towel hangs out my pocket just right..yeah that’s part of my uniform. I play for that pretty back-hand deep in the 5-6 hole or the slick 4-6-3 DP. I play so after I go hard as I can all day and watch my guys go hard too so we "might" win a plaque or some tshirts. I play because part of playin is havin a few beers with teammates/friends after the game. Yeah we work to win a World just like all the other teams but we realize that the love of the game is why we really play.

Well said Player and DM. The love of the game is a very important aspect of competition.

First and most important, I play because I LOVE THE GAME!! God blessed me with gifts that I've used all my life and still do! I'll use them until he has something different for me to do! Also, there's nothing better than Competition. For those that have played ball most of their lives know that there are many faces of competion in life as well as ball. That drive to be the best you can be and to get the results are what motivates me. It has to be fun or I wouldn't do it. Sacrificing time, family, money, etc. and to get that end result(Rings, Championships, Etc.) makes it worthwhile. EA Sports says that "Its In The Game", I say "The Game Is IN Me!" That's why I play the game.

VIC ITS DAVID JUST LETTING YOU KNOW I LIKE PLAYING TO TRY AND HARDER AND FARTHER THAN ANYBODY CAUSE US WHITE FOLK HAVE TO GET THAT RESPECT I HAD IT IN MISS-ALA NOW I HAVE TO GET IT IN THE LOU AND EVERYWHERE ELSE UP HERE THAT WE PLAY

The competition is a big part of it but everyone wants to be able to say that at some point they were the best at what they were doing. Everybody wants to win the big ONE be honest with yourself if not with everyone else. NODOUT22-We All We Got.

BECAUSE I LOVE THE GAME, AND I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO WIN
AS MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS AS LEE DANIELS. HEY LEE HOW MANY DO YOU HAVE? I KNOW IT'S ALOT.

I PLAY THE GAME FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME. TRUE WINNING CHAMPIONSHIPS IS THE MAIN THING BUT NOT THE ONLY THING.I WANT TO KNOW THAT WHEN THE GAME IS OVER I GAVE IT ALL I HAD AND WIN OR LOSE MY TEAMMATES KNOW THAT ANOTHER WEEKEND IS COMING.

I Play the game because of the Love for the game. Yes, it is alot better when you win but, Winning isn't everything. Just to strap up on a Friday Night or a Saturday Mourning sometimes mans more to me than anything that I can think about (Besides GOD) if you know whay I mean.The game itself to me makes me feel Free of Stress,Problems,& anything else that I can thing of.

WELL I PLAY THE GAME BECAUSE I HAVE A TRUE LOVE FOR IT AND WHAT IT BRINGS TO MY LIFE. I HAVE OVER THE LAST FEW YEAR GROWN TO LOVE THE GAME EVEN MORE BECAUSE I JOINED WITH A TEAM THAT HAS JUST AS MANY WOMEN ON IT AND A COACH THAT LOVE THE GAME JUST AS MUCH AS I DO AND MAYBE MORE, SOMETIMES YOU LOOSE FOCUS ON WHATS IMPORTANT ABOUT IT, BUT WHEN YOU ARE NOT PLAYING YOUR FOCUS INSTANTLY COMES BACK. SO I PLAY NOW FOR THE LOVE OF THE SPORT AND FOR THE LOVE I HAVE FOR MY TEAMMATES AND COACH THAT MAKES A CLOSE KNITTED FAMILY THAT YOU DONT WANT TO LIVE WITHOUT.
THATS MAKES YOU STICK IT OUT FOR THE LONGHAUL!!!!

Great responses from everyone who posted. I play this game for one reason...The competition. Going head to head against the best ball players this country has to offer is intoxicating. I love softball and have won my share of championships, but the competition I have faced over the years make it all worth while. Yes championships are the goal for each and everyone of us, but if I don't win another one I can say with all honesty, that my life will go on.

Softball is my therapy

THE REASON I PLAY DA GAME IS BECAUSE ITS MY HEART N IT KEEPS ME OUT OF TROUBLE DURNIN THE SUMMER

I play the game because its my first love and its a positive outlet for me. I've played this game with evrything that god has given me. When I'm stressed , I go to the softball field and get it off. Championships are good to win but I play because it keeps me in shape and helps me to keep a positive feeling about myself. You got to LOVE THIS GAME.

THE LOVE OF THE GAME AND RECORE YOU BUILD WITH THE GUYS THAT PLAY BESIDE YOU.WE ALL HAVE DIFFERENCES BUT AS GROWN MEN WE LEARN LOOK PAST THOSE DISAGREEMENTS AND MOVE ON AND CONTINUE TO STRIVE ON GOING OUT THERE AND DO WHAT IT IS WE COME OUT TO DO,THAT IS GO OUT,PLAY BALL,GIVE YOUR ALL,AND HAVE FUN AND ENJOY EACH MOMENT LIKE ITS YOUR LAST.EVERY YEAR,WE LOOSE A FRIEND OR LOVE ONE THAT ENJOYED THIS GAME OF SOFTBALL JUST LIKE YOU AND I. SINCERELY YOURS,SWEAT HARKINS,L.M.S.#10.