BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WHO WOULD BE IN FAVOR OF ONLY HAVING 2 DIVISIONS

I THINK THIS WOULD SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS.

Re: WHO WOULD BE IN FAVOR OF ONLY HAVING 2 DIVISIONS

SMALLZ..

COMP...6 HOMERUNS..
REC....2 HOMERUNS..

I'm for it.
Rec 3 & an Out
Comp 6 & 1up

Comp.div.8-10
Rec.div.2-4
Unless there is big gap in hrs you will have the same problem of teams hanging around in the lower div. that could and should play in the Comp. div.

6 Homeruns inning out Comp...
3 Homeruns inning out Rec...
NOT THAT YOU BIG GUYS DON'T PLAY DEFENSE!!!bUT THAT'S WHAT THE GAME IS ABOUT DEFENSE SO LET'S PLAY A LITTLE DEFENSE..
SMALLZ

Ok how about this then
10 for those teams that want to hit and play a little defense
1-3 for those teams that want to play a lot of defense and hit a little

How about
Rec= O Homeruns
Comp= 4&1UP

What ya think? Rec is what what it is. REC
In Rec there should be NO homeruns. Keeps teams from sandbaggin also.

Comp. 4 hrs come on there are female teams out there now that can hit 4 a game.

i agree with smallz

6 hrs comp
3 hrs rec

BASA CAN WE EVEN GET A CONSIDERATION ON THIS???????

Personally, I feel there is too much concern about Hrs. If you can score 20-25 a game you can compete in competitive, especially if you play good defense. Look at the average scores with 10 hrs. If you can score runs and play defense, what difference is it about how many hrs a team can hit. Leave the divisions alone. If we go to 2 divisions and those competitive teams win worlds, we will be right back where we started from asking for a split again. It would happen.

In MY opinion Teams can still Sandbag with REC 3 HRs..REC has to have 0-2 HRs..Not everyone will be happy regargless of what BASA does

COMPETATIVE-6 HRs
REC-0-2 HRs low bid

YEAHHHHHHHHH.

...Rec 1 HR hitter and comp 4HR hitters...the days of old.....

That's a thought haven't heard that one in a while, I'll roll with the home run hitters also. Or I like Smallz idea Rec 2 or 3, Comp 6 with 1 up rule.

REC MUST BE O HRS TO KEEP IT A HITTERS GAME COMP.CAN BE WHAT EVER 10 OR 8 EVEN 5. SHOULD HAVE TOURNAMENT NO LIMIT THAT WAY ANY TEAM CAN GET IN

compt. 6 homeruns
rec 1 and progressive

If the top division has only 6 hrs you are in effect eliminating the Comp. division.I just cannot understand how making these teams play at a lower hr. limit will help anything because most of them play "A"or at least"B" in other associations which have hr limits at 8 for "A " and 6 for"B" so it might be a hinderance at first but they would adjust.But the thing that would probably happen if the Comp. division was dissolved is like I saw someone state on an earlier post and actually did happen a few years ago at a tourney in Atl. when they combined the 2 divisions some of the middle division teams dropped out and wouldn't play in the tourney even though they had all the Comp. teams playing in the same part of the bracket and if Comp. was done away with would they be put in the brackets like any other Super-Rec team instead of bunching them together to pay each other remember if there is no Comp. division GFM,PT,Pace and the other former Comp. teams should be placed randomly in the bracket not just pitted against each other week in and week out.

church love your ideal i'll add the rest to it rec can have 2 homerun hitters hit as many as they can ole school comp have 4maybe 5 do the same heres how it works u can either appoint your hitters prior to game or first one to hit them becomes deisgnated hitters. but heres the catch many teams will walk designated hitters on purpose so like in old days if u walk home run hitter by accident or purpose he get double and now the next guy may hit home run makes it fair that way u can have more than 10 homeruns and more than 4 whatcha think true old ballor's

6 and 3 + 1up

I dont see a problem.I see people that seem to just be in the minority,when you consider BASA as a whole. go change another association.

Question to GA player, you said it wouldn't be fair to make the Competitive teams play against each other week in & week out if you by sectioning off the bracket. Explain to me how that is different from having a seperate competitive division, you still would play the same 6 or 7 teams week in & out if your bracket was seperate. What the BASA when they combined the brackets last year is have all of the Super Rec teams at the top of the bracket & all of the Rec teams at the bottom of the bracket and it worked great because it guarded against the lower rec teams dropping out of the tourney because they didn't feel like they had a chance to win. Same can be done if Super Rec & competive brackets are combined this year.

If you are going to put them in the same bracket that means there is still a Comp.div.the same one eveyone wants to get rid of the only difference is that they have to play against each other with 4 fewer hrs.So if the division is gone the tags on GFM,Pace and the rest of the former Comp. teams should be gone also they should be placed in a bracket just like every other team randomly. The thing I really would like to know if someone can explain it is why would BASA players want the highest level in this association to be equivalent to the"B"programs in other associations.I know everyone wants to win but once you have won on one level for a while shouldn't the natural thing to do is go up to the next level and give it a try for a while.