BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Move up Teams

Comp Teams:

TEAM BBQ
GRAYSTONE
CAPITAL KIRBY
NEW IMAGE
BLACKHAWKS
TNT STARS
DETROIT MAVERICKS
WEST COAST PLAYA
TEAM VARSITY
DETROIT LAKESIDE
CLASS ACT
DERRTY
EXTREME
ST LOUIS STARS
ATLANTA STORM
AIR MAC
ROMANS
TDM
PLANFIELD SCRUBBERS
DOUBLE PLATINUM

SUPER REC.
SO. GA. MAGIC
BLAZERS
JJ'S
TOMBSTONE
EASTSIDE PLAYERS
TEAM DYNASTY
T.B.I.
SHOWTIME
MOORE ALL STARS
NO LIMIT
IMPACT

But i will always say that the homerun rules should be

Comp 10

Super Rec 5

Rec 0

Re: Move up Teams

Best list I have seen so far.

very good list but add team nati and laughing out loud

why are you guys so set on moving teams up. just play the game in your divsion. and you guys never put your real name or team just be easy

What's the use of having Rec if they can't hit homeruns? Interesting move up list, but 10 homeruns is too many. Just add 2 to Super Rec and 1 to Rec. Cut Comp. Or call it hummmmm Comp/Rec 7 homeruns instead of 5.

i cant seem to understand why are we trying so hard to save the comp division when they have not made basa any money? the super rec and rec should be left alone. like other division if you win the BASA world then you get bump up. all those super rec teams you named cant handle playing comp ball every tourney. as for as rec goes you taking all the good teams and bumping them up because the win. i just dont understand?????? what neat year you move another 10 up in rec and super rec, then the lower division will die out and the basa doesn't want that to happen

Why are so many teams and players afraid of moving up and playing at the higher levels of softball, I remember when people were killing themselves to make it to the higher levels of softball, now it seems like people are sandbagging their talents and teams to play at lower levels, softball is a hitters game and always will be, hit or go home, that is how every tournament is and has always been, Basa should do all to build the competitive back up, and if not put something in place so that they can play with the super-rec teams at certain tournaments, but I would hate to see those comp teams have to play all of their softball in other sanctions, everyone likes to say that basa is one big family well, stop trying to kick big brother out and let them cut the rock too.....

Just combine the comp and super-rec! make comp play super-rec rules...didn't they combine rec and super-rec in Tally ho. I was play Rec and we didn't back down from the Storm. We lost, but it was a good game.

To Bigdaddy, believe me when I say I feel you on wanting to be included in the BASA family and experience, because that makes sense to me. I honestly don't think that anyone is afraid to move up, instead players & teams see that there are really no competitive tourneys to play in throughout the year, so instead of moving up to play competitive they'd rather stay where they are so they can just play. And to whomever put the list together of teams that should be moved up, I do agree, that is probably the most accurate list to date that I've seen. However, to that I say, do you really think teams would travel to play in competitive tourneys if they really didn't feel as though they had a chance to win? I really don't think so. Of that list of teams that should be moved up to comp, only 3 of those teams (Mavericks, Graystone, & Blackhawks) TRAVELED to more than 3 BASA tourneys anyway. So again, the question I keep asking, what is really being accomplished by moving teams up. The move to make is to allow the few comp teams to play super rec & by super rec rules when there is a super rec division at a tourney.

2cent, I do agree that there is probably not much you can do at this point to make a competitive division that everyone can live with, but I dont think that making a competitive team play solely by Super-Rec rules would be totally fair either, I know that the Hr's is the pressing issue with teams moving up or down, but I think that if a super-rec team catches a competitive team in a combined tournament, than the Hr's should be 5hr's and 1up format not to exceed 8 hr's, than hr's after that should be outs. There should be no runs given, no automatic home team, because some teams will only play a higher class team if the tournament director handicaps them with crap like that, you can always play small ball to try to handicap the big boys, I dont know to what success but you can try and see what works for you......

the test can be done in Aikens.....Make the tournement like the one in Tally-ho and the champions of each division can meet in the end. The whole tournement should hit 5 homeruns....that will start the season off Right and for Bragging rights!!!!!1

I'm even with that idea of progressive HR's, that works for me. However, I still say the issue is that if 2 to 6 or 7 teams are moved up, there still won't be enough teams in the competitive bracket to justify traveling to these tournaments. Something should be done to allow the few competitive teams to play along with the other teams also.

I SAY WE PLAY SUPER-REC TOURNEYS, NOT 3 LIKE ALL OF LAST YEAR, AND THEN DECIDE WHO SHOULD MOVE UP BECAUSE THERE WAS NO SUPER-REC LAST YEAR IN BASA!

I think there should only be 2 divisions rec and super rec the upper teams play super rec and the lower teams play rec super rec play progressive hrs and rec play 3 hrs that way the comp teams cant hit 40 hrs unless the super rec hit 40 hrs then there would be plenty of teams in all tourneys just food for thought

the nati have good teams this year some teams already knows about greystone, but theirs allnet,team bring it,team nati,and theres also rush auto just a name e few so the nati ready.

nothing bad Im just saying your ready to.

RUSH#12 WHATS UP WIT THE ALSO RUSH AUTO?????????????????????????????????????????????????? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN ARE YOU SMOKING CRACK AGAIN,YOU'RE LUCKY THAT THEY NAME YOUR WEAK A$$ TEAM SO BE HAPPY WITH THAT,REC PLAYER.

A FAN NO NEED TO EXPLAIN TO RUSH#12 HE'S A VERY SENSITIVE MAN.SEE YOUR TEAM ON SUNDAY LOL LOL LOL

you hope to be there sunday lol lol lol

yeah fan the nati is ready !!!!!!!!!!!

rush auto we got your back nati teams stick together one of your boys.

there are alot of people trying to change the way BASA is doing their business.Its ok to have an opinion,but some of you are trying to run it for them.It is trial and error for them,and everytime they try something everybody is not going the be satified.Get your own association and see how hard it is
to keep everybody happy.

if they would'nt let a home count in rec,the lttle teams that other wise would'nt have a chance to win would feel moore like things were on an even playing field. these bats they come out with changes the game and makes the average hitter somewhat a litter better, so if you want to swing like the big leagues play in the big leagues and leave the little guys(rec teams) alone.

Yall say that all those teams should move up, but not many of them have not won in the division that they are in now!!! If they are playing down as many people would say, then I think that they should win all the tournaments that they are in, but they don't!!! So I think that they are in the right division!!! If a team comes along and just wins all the tournaments in one division then YES, they should move up!!!

STANDING UP FOR LAKESIDE WE'VE ALWAYS BEEN WHAT YOU WOULD YOU WOULD CALL A TEAM YOU WOULDN'T WANT PLAY. WE JUST NEVER CARED WHO WE PLAYED PACE OR WHO.I BELIEVE THAT IF WE THE SPONSOR TO GET A MATT.... OR TWO WE WOULD PLAY UP. CAUSE IT'S NOT LIKE WE HAVEN'T BEEN IN DOGG FIGHTS BEFORE.WHEN EACH PLAYER,PLAYS FOR THE TEAM NOT FOR HIMSELF THE TEAM DOSE WELL.PUT IT THIS WAY NONE OF THEM WOULD LOOK BEYOND UA.LIKESIDE WASN'T A JOKE TO ON TEAM IT PLAYED.>>>>>>>>>

LAKESIDE HAVE ALWAYS HAD A GOOD TEAM AND COMPETED WITH THE BEST, BUT DON'T WAIT TILL THE SPONSOR GET HIS VAN BACK AND NOW TRY TO FORM A TEAM AGAIN. LAKESIDE GOT TO COME BETTER THAN THE LEFTOVER FROM THE DETROIT STARS AND DETROIT MAVERICK AND THOSE PALMER PARK PLAYERS, YOU GUYS SHOULD PLAY 35 AND OVER.

HMMMMMMMM I WONDER HOW MANY TIME YOUR TEAM BEAT LIKESIDE HMMMMMM.NO MATTER WHAT WE PUT ON THE FIELD
HMMMMMM......

Since the Impact is now the City Hitters are moving up