BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Opinions Regarding Move-Ups

Obviously there is a lot of anticipation regarding the move-ups that will be posted in the next few days.

While we all have our opinion on who should move up they are just that and please feel free to post them. However, do not make false accusations of BASA Staff about who is being moved up and why. Arthur Drake and Hercle Ivy are the only two at this point, who know who is being moved up and will share it with the world shortly.

Once the list is posted, the debate can be further discussed, but again please refrain from attacking people's character. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.

Re: Opinions Regarding Move-Ups

in super rec

1.graystone
2.class-act
3.team bbq
4.derrty
5.creative walls
6.houston raiders
7.atl storm
8.air mac
9.west coast playas
10.detroit mavericks

in rec
1.s ga magic
2.team dynasty
3.cleveland showtime
4.eastside playas
This is only my opinion

hey reporter team dynasty has to play in the super rec div they won the rec world last year so sorry team dynasty get some more power on the team if you no what i no, you guys get to dance with those maximum security type teams like graystone,class act atl storm, west coast players,d mavs,just to name a few,so get our weight up.

You can ad these teams to the comp list:
blackhawks
capital kirby
new image
stl. stars
xtreme

This will at least make traveling to play in basa tourneys worth going to, cuz 7 teams wont cut it with us!PERIOD!!!!!!!

THE ONLY COMPETITIVE ABOUT XTREME IS THEIR ATTITUDE CERTAINLY NOT THEIR TALENT LEVEL, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN WATCHING, AND AS FOR VOLLEY STARS THEY SHOULD BE LOWER REC, THEY CAN'T CATCH 2 PEOPLE TALKING AND CAN'T HIT AN ELEPHANT IN THE BEHIND WITH A LADDER, THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT BECAUSE I BEAT BOTH OF THEM LAST YEAR CONSISTENTLY, NOW WHAT

YOU STILL NEED MORE THAN 7 TEAMS TO HAVE A DIV!

GHOST YOU WRONG FOR THAT MAN LOL LOL WHO DO YOU PLAY FOR GHOST

12 Graystone,
You have mentioned numerous times that there is only 7 teams in Competitive division. Which 7 are you tracking? I can name 5 or 6 from the Fla/Miss/Ala area. There are teams out there, but they do not go to the tournaments up north because there is no teams representation up there. All teams are either Rec or Super-Rec. If there were teams up there, they would see more of the competitive teams from the Gulf coast.
Alton

I just want to say "Whats Up" to my boys Graystone.No matter what happens this year,you already know all the Nati teams support each other,So" represent "and do the **** thing!

Taz, just curious, how many competitive teams were at the BASA World & USSSA World last year?

2 cents, if I am not mistaken, there were 9 at USSSA and 12 at BASA. During the hurricane, there were 3-4 teams on the gulf coast that did not attend either worlds due to damage to their homes. I also know that there are 2 additional teams this year down here added to the competitive division.The division is not dying, just rebuilding. If a team can score runs and play good defense, they can compete, may not always win, but can compete on the comptetive level. That is just my take on the situation.
Alton

TAZ THAT IS STILL A LOW NUMBER OF TEAMS IN COMP DIV WHO IS TO SAY THAT ALL OF THE TEAMS IS GOING TO SHOW UP AT A COMP TOURNMENT ALL GRAYSTONE IS SAYING THATS TO FAR TO BE DRIVING 6 TO 12 HOUR DOWN SOUTH PLAYING THE SAME 7/8 TEAMS. BUT BASA SAID TODAY GRAYSTONE CAN STILL PLAY IN THE SAME TOURNMENT AS EVERYONE ELSE IF THERE IS NO COMP TEAMS THERE.SO TEAMS CAN RUN BUT THEY CAN'T HIDE, GRAYSTONE 4 LIFE

I do feel you on traveling a long way to play just a few teams, I just see it as building for the future. Getting rid of competitive is just for the here and now, not a true solution. Not really an option. Teams will get better together and be able to compete and need somewhere to keep the competitive juices flowing. Beating teams you feel are not your level, will get boring after a while. As rec and super rec grows, something has to give, sooner or later. Anyhow, good luck to all teams and do hope to face the majority of you out there throughout the season. Once again only an opinion. Later
Alton

Taz, I feel you, I also agree that the division is in transition but to take it a step further, there are alot of ball players who played competitve over the years who have found a home on rec & super rec teams. To me there is nothing wrong with that, the game is just as fun on those levels and you can't be the atmosphere of playing in front of alot people. I played competitive for the first 7 years that I played softball and it used to be great, 30 to 45 teams in the division with enough parity to keep it interesting week in & week out. However, when you get to only having 9 & 12 teams at a world tourney, I think its time to rethink the entire situation just to see if its really cost effective to have this division around at all. I'm like you, in saying that this is only my opinion as well. I hope I'm wrong but I really don't there will be enough teams to have more to 2 competitive tournaements all year long on this BASA circuit and that includes the world. However, good luck to you and your team as well this year.

I ask how can you make a team automatically move up without having played a single tourny the year before? I watched Royce Holman put this supposedly all star team team together for Palm Springs. They had a lot of BIG NAMES. They were out early Sunday mourning. **** near after the roosters began to crow!It was not a given that any team would win the worlds. Esspecially in super rec. Every team should stay put & keep super rec the most competitive division in softball. Anyone of those top 12 teams could have won it all. The team that made the late crucial mistake or did not come up with late inning hit lost the game.

Oh well there are many other associations what makes you think we are going to waste our money playing super rec in BASA,we have a rec team and we will play rec.We keep the same guys we don't have a sponsor and we don't travel that far.So if we can't defend our title so what,we will not be playing much BASA ball this year.We are not mad thats the rules oh well,but we are not going to give our money away either.

That's how u lay down!!!

Everybody is so quick to judge the Basa directors for trying to find a solution to the problem of division organizations, the Basa is not the problem, the integrity of teams participating in it is, all these power-house teams I read about daily should be stepping up and asking to be put in the right division from what they know they have on their rosters, some teams are flying in players, have all the so-called best players in state or states close by, stop that I didnt win a world, thats why I play down crap, or we just put this team together non-sense, you guys know what you built or have in place, the integrity of some of the teams in the basa is who we should blame for the problems with the divisions. There was almost 120 rec teams out there and all of a sudden you give them a division that allowed 2 more hr's and behold that division mysteriously has almost 40 teams right of the bat, but no body is out there sandbagging right. The super-rec division was meant to be a stepping stone to competitive not a replacement for it...By not stepping up we are in danger of losing a division and maybe a couple of teams from our BASA family....

I guess a good question would be, are we playing JUST to win the world championship or are we playing to play the best teams out there to compete and get better? I guess that is real talk????????
Alton

i think most are playing to accomplish both!

I agree..I think most Teams are out there to win as many tournaments as possible...then at the end of the year win the "WORLDS"..when u really look at it,if u win ALL year and fail at the "WORLDS"..what will you have accomplished?

You compete against teams of a higher(best)caliber to prepare your team for world. Give me great competition and a championship will follow.

graystone i have one question how many teams where in California when u spent thousands of dollars to go and play

I SPENT THOUSANDS FOR THEM TO GO AND PLAY AND THERE WERE 16 TEAMS.

thats why its so hard to beat the yankees they got so much money, All of these little teams dont have that kinda money to spend on ball players im not sure if u pay your players but you get the best of the best when u want.thats why you have these softball owner so upset

PAY PLAYERS TO PLAY SOFTBALL? NOT HERE. ALL OF THESE GUYS PAYED THERE OWN WAY LONG BEFORE I CAME ALONG. I TAKE CARE OF EQUIPMENT, UNIFORMS AND TRAVEL. WE PUT THIS TEAM TOGETHER TO COMPETE MAINLY ON THE BASA CIRCUIT AND WE USE OTHER ASSOCIATIONS AS FILL-INS. WE WERE TOLD SPECIFICALLY THAT WE COULD COMPETE IN THE SUPER-REC DIVISION AND THAT'S WHAT OUR SCHEDULE WAS DESIGNED AROUND. EVERY ASSOCIATION HAS TO GO THROUGH THEIR GROWING PAINS AND THE BASA IS NO DIFFERENT. IF TRYING TO REVIVE A DIMINISHING DIVISION IS WHAT THEY WANT TO DO...THEY CERTAINLY HAVE THAT RIGHT. THEY JUST WON'T DO IT AT THE EXPENSE OF MY SOFTBALL TEAM. WE ARE A PART OF THE BASA FAMILY BUT NOW WE HAVE TO FILL OUR SCHEDULE WITH 9 LESS TOURNEYS ON THE BASA SCHEDULE AND LOOK TO OTHER ASSOCIATIONS JUST TO PLAY. FOR ME, I GET THE SAME EXPOSURE NO MATTER WHERE WE PLAY. FOR THE PLAYERS.......THEY LOVE THE BASA SOFTBALL EXPERIENCE. THAT'S WHAT THEY WILL MISS. WE'LL SEE ALL OF THOSE COMPETATIVE TEAMS ON THE CIRCUIT FROM OTHER ASSOCIATIONS BECAUSE THEY TOO HAVE TO PLAY IN SEVERAL DIFFERENT ASSOCIATIONS JUST TO HAVE A DECENT SCHEDULE. BASA IS LIKE A FAMILY REUNION EVERY WEEKEND.....COMPETATIVE TEAMS WANT THAT EXPERIENCE AS WELL.

Nothing but respect to you all for that.

Me personally, I'm totally against the mandatory move-ups. You should at least have a chance to defend your title. Anyway, Graystone did not win BASA it was Bar'b'que. I did not get a chance to see a lot of different teams because of wide spread field conditions. We were playing well into Sunday. But from what I did see. There was not a big differnce between team 1 or team 12 in super rec. It would take an act of god to have a repeat champion in that division. The reason is every team can hit & field. But it also takes a few things to fall your way. That my BASA family is called a little luck.

see now you have ran off one of the better teams in Super Rec. I supposed to lower all the teams from Comp. all people are worried about is a name.....call super comp. and leave it at that....to me it seem to late in the game to move people up....at the end of the off season and then we don't have a rule book....I know that this is the best organization but some things are just wrong.....the situation need to be revisited.....You still have five teams in comp. because one of the two move ups will not play so where do it leave us again........with nothing! Just my opinion!!!!!1

WE WILL DEFINATELY PLAY BASA SOFTBALL WHEN THEY HAVE IT FOR THE COMPETATIVE DIVISION.....THAT LOOKS LIKE ATLANTA AND THE WORLDS.

Once again, #15, there are more than just 5 competitive teams and that was before the move ups. There is just none in the midwest/north. Most of the teams in competitive are in the south and do not want to go down. This horse is well beaten now. All I will say is beware for what you ask for, because it may happen. Do you really want GFM, Pace, Seabreeze/BOAM, Five-O, Primetime, Rangers, Woodtoters, Karphone, just to name a few playing super rec? If the answer is yes, I hope you get your wish for 2 divisions. Out
Alton

good luck getting them to show up at the same time to play. most of those teams play in major divisions on other circuits.

Taz you got mail

to graystone,team bring it would like to wish you the best in 06 and we know yall will handle your business up in the comp. we totally disagree with the move up. we look foward to seeing you guys on the circut when it is possible. ive been friends with most of yall awhile now and you guys are the ones who got us playing on the basa circut. so do what yall do and represent the nati wherever you play.

to taz did you see all 12 teams in the compt division last year at the worlds, i did. Even if it is more than 12 or 15 teams its still not enough for the division. The worlds are suppose to bring out the best of the best from all over and the basa only got 12, come on be serious. to make it worse the worlds were in the SOUTH SO WHERE WERE ALL THE SOUTH TEAMS AT. IF IT WERE IN MICHINGAN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN HALF OF THAT. SO TAZ GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!!

Fan,
to get my facts straight as you put it, I played on the Pensacola Woodtoters (competitive) and we came to Worlds in the north i.e STL. If you have forgotten, a hurricane came through the gulf coast and 5 teams did not make the trip because of damage to houses. I play competitive and I can care less if there is two divisions or three. I was just saying do not start up on the net if the teams YOU want division to go away start to win those tournaments the super rec teams were winning. I have been about it and I have my opinion, if you do not agree, I do not care. take care or yourself.
My name is Alton, not fan
If you want to question me about facts, leave a name so I know who I am talking to. I am not afraid to give my name because I stand by what I say as I see it. Do you?????

Taz, actually there were 8 Comp teams that didn't show up from the south. North 40, Miken 8, Rangers, Focus, Toters, Primetime, B. Braves, and the Gamblers. These teams have always participated in BASA tourneys. People lets be real for a second, in case you weren't on this planet, there was a natural disaster like no other in 106 years. The 8 teams I named were directly affected. The eigght teams I named have traveled beyond their Southern borderd states to play in tourneys as well. When Katrina hit, life has a whole was put into perspective for me. I realized this because I know someone or have competed against them in recent years. Family comes first, roof over your head, food to eat and so on down the line!!! It seems as though we forgot about the struggle that still goes on in that region of the country. Some still don't have a place to stay, or know where that next meal is coming from....so softball in my mind is not a high priority on their list. Ponder that!!! Those teams listed above will return this year believe that!!! That is realest of real talk!!!

Thank you ESQ #23. I had understated the number of teams. Glad to know someone else knows what teams are out there and are not afraid to travel. LAter.
Alton

taz.....will your team be in aiken, s.c.? hopefully a good competative tournament can be played there.

I think that there the basa is working on some type of rules so that there would be more combined super-rec and competitive tournaments on the schedule or if a tournamnet for competitive is canceled due to the lack of participation, where the teams that are registered and paid can be given the option of refunded entry fee or become part of the super-rec tournament under the specified rules or even the super-rec rules, atleast I hope so, because teams like graystone play alot of tournaments and it would be a shame to not see them as often, I am sure that something will happen soon to put everyone at ease and allow teams to focus on the up coming season...good luck in 06

I forgot about Mcnair and TopDawgs, and a correction M. A. Bombers not Primetime(Coach).

Player,
Right now I am a free agent since I was in Iraq all year last year and just getting back, but I should be running with a team out of Savannah, Ga and should be in SC for the kick off tournament. Later
Alton

WELCOME HOME TAZ........HOPEFULLY YOU WILL GET THAT CHANCE TO BE IN AIKEN.

Player,
One way or the other, I will be in SC either playing or watching, it our team does not materialize in Savannah. See ya there fo sho.
Alton