BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mandatory move Ups

The following needs to happen in basa. The top ten teams in rec and super-rec should be moved up a division this will keep it competitive it will also balance all the levels as well. what does everyone else think.

Re: Mandatory move Ups

Not a bad idea........

what kinda of system you are going to use to determine who is the top ten teams.....1

HEY D STATE THE NAMES OF THE TEN TEAMS IN EACH DIVISION THAT NEEDS TO MOVE UP.

subject has already been beat up..it's up to BASA Staff at this point to come up with SOMETHING

I think its a bad idea. How would you feel if your team finished 2nd or 3rd in rec or super rec and they moved you up without you even having a chance to come back the following year to win it. I'm not saying that you couldn't come back and win it the following year in the higher division but chances are not likely for most to be able to do that. The rule has always been that if you win back to back worlds at that point you have to move up. Leave it that way.

I AGREE WITH 2 CENT. THE REC AND SUPER REC DIVISIONS ARE SO WIDE OPEN ANY NUMBER OF TEAMS COULD WIN THE WORLD. I THINK IT WILL BE A VERY EXCITING YEAR FOR SOFTBALL ON THE CIRCUIT. IT WILL BE A LONG TIME BEFORE A TEAM IN THE REC AND SUPER REC DIVISIONS WILL REPEAT BECAUSE OF THE NUMBER OF GREAT TEAMS OUT THERE. BASA IF IT AINT BROKE, YOU KNOW THE REST.

you are so right it will be extremely hard for a team to repeat and if you change things now in Febuary.....that would not be fair for the teams that made no changes or a few because they dsid not make changes to compete at a higher level......for example some teams might have added speed instead of power and that is a problem in Suoper rec division!!!!!1

BUT, If a team wins or places (let's say top 3) a couple of years in a row, don't u think it's time for that team to move into the next level?

yeah if you think coming in second or third place is a great achievement.

SO YOU MEAN TO TELL ME IF YOU PLAYING IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME AND YOU END UP LOOSING BECAUSE YOU HIT TO MANY BOMBS YOU JUST GONE KEEP PLAYING THE SAME LEVEL. IF YOU ASK ME YOU SCARED SO IF YOU SCARED JUST SAY YOU SCARED BUT THEN U ALREADY KNOW

Read Hercle Ivy's post and it will help answer your questions!

Top 5 finishers in Rec and Super Rec should be moved up. As stated before, if you are short gaming your opponents everytime out...then it's time to move up. Answer 1 question for me. Why do you play the game? I will be the first to answer since I posed the question. I play for the competition, short gaming teams doesn't really providing me adequate competition is it. Teams take a real close look at yourselves, you all know if you need to play at a higher level. Championships are great and they are what we all strive for, but if I'm winning them at the expense of lesser competition it's a tainted championship. I personally have played on a team that should've been playing REC but we didn't for competition sake. Last I checked you don't get better beating up on teams that aren't of your teams caliber you get better by challenging teams in higher divisions...Take your lumps today, win a championship tomorrow...JUST MY TWO CENTS

If every year you move the top ten teams up you eventually eliminate the lower division. So that really doesn't make much sense. If you win then move up because you really haven't accomplished your goal by finishing second. The goal should be to win it all.

OK SO NOW I SEE WHATS GOING ON YOU TEAMS THAT PLAY IN OTHER LEAGUES AND DO WELL IN THE UPPER DIVISION AND THEN YOU COME TO THE BASA AND WANT TO PLAY IN THE REC DIVISION. NOW YOU ALREADY KNOW! THAT AINT RIGHT THATS WHY IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU SCARED IS THAT WHY CLASS ACT IS HATED ON SO MUCH TEAMS ARE SCARED TO SEE THEM. HOLLA BACK AND KEEP IT REAL 1

Everyone keep talking about its not fair to post the changes now and not give the teams who havent made any changes the chance to do so. Come On! Either you are going to go out and play ball or you're not. It's that simple. Within each division, you dont hear people complaining that they have to play Graystone tomorrow and due to the lay out of the bracket they dont have enough time to prepare for the game. Graystone, Primetime, Godfather and all the other top teams loses games like we do, they just have better team chemistry. Stop talking about what you cant do and focus on what you need to do to bring it.

There was over 90 something teams last year in Rec and I dont think they going to run out of teams any time soon. Not to mention there are new teams coming out every year. This is a good thing.

only the winner of the world should move up. why would a team move up and they have not won their own division. That would hurt all the teams who fought so lon all year just to win a ring. dont know about you but everyone after 1st place wants to work harder to get them rings!!!!

What ringssss?

You can't worry about what you didn't accomplish in a lower division where you dominated. Step up to the challenge and prove your medal against teams the same caliber as your game in and game out. If you scared, get a BIGGER DOG!!!!1

WE HAVE RINGS.YOU CAN SEE THEM IN S.C IF NEEDED.

(USSSA WORLDS CHAMPS 05 REC OUT THE LOSER BRACKET)

From what I have heard and how BASA has grown( I am proud of what BASA has done by the way) Rec is 150 teams strong, super rec is 50- 100 teams strong. My point is, if u finish in the top 3 a few years in a row in those divisions you are whooping a whole lot of other teams. Why not play at the next level? Some people sound scuurd IMO!

so besides graystone and bbq in the super-rec, who else has to move up in that division?

congratulations blazers! you guys get to play super-rec in 2006.

All off season long we have been talking about teams that should move up and people wasn't complaining about this but now....since it's reality....you have all these complaints.....Hell I say play the first tournement like the tournement you put on in Tally-ho and then you will see who need to move up or stay the same. I'm sure everyone will play hard to win....Now that is Real!!!!!1 the winner of Rec. Comp. and Super Rec. play for the championship but be awarded for winning there division!!!!!1

then by what # 15 said in his interview that there will be no competition in rec why is s.ga.magic playing rec then. if you added players to play on a super rec level then play it, im only saying because what he said in his interview

What would be really great,is to end the season with the top 5 finishing Rec, Super Rec and Comps teams playing in a combined tournament for all out bragging right. THis would be a great tournament after the world for everyone to come together for a nice weekend to end the season on.

Graystone and BBQ should have been Super Rec anyway,they are the ONLY Teams that have players that have played Comp on their rosters..overdue!

slow down "keepin it real" because there are some other rules modifications to follow! it's only going to affect where they play in the world tourney. do some proper research and you will find that most of the super-rec teams have players with competative experience. no big deal, if this is what the basa thinks is necessary then let's help them make it a smooth transition. still going to be quite a few ice packs handed out because of the rest of the changes.

These move ups will be for the entire Season

......but unlike the past, competative teams will be allowed to participate in nit's and tourney's with a super-rec division. it might take two tourneys off graystone's schedule and bbq only played in two basa tourneys all year anyway. this is really going to help the competative division....not. going back to two divisions would have been a better move.

I agree 2 Divisions would have been better..Graystone and BBQ are the ONLY Super Rec Teams that can compete every weekend consistently,everybody else would be throwing money away

Keepin' it real, let's be 4 real for a minute, Storm, Class Act (judging by their roster), The Mavericks, Creative Walls, & West Coast Players can compete at that level week in & week out also. To me, its just stupid to move two teams (BBQ & Graystone) as I continue to state, this is doing nothing to save the competitive division if thats their goal because instead of 5 teams in a tourney you now have 7. Being from Ohio, I'm not traveling down south every weekend (because we know from experience those teams dam sure don't come north to play) to play in a 7 team tournament, its just not cost effective. BASA really needs to think this through, its not accomplishing anything except insuring that they won't be able to patronize the BASA in 2006, I'd rather they just call our coach and say hey we don't need your money this year.

****!!

2 cent....who do you play for?

2 cents plays for allnet out of cincinnati oh a rec team lol

Time to man up and be accounted for. If you are a Rec player playing Super and complaining about possible move ups, maybe you should find a Rec team to show case your skills. All this whining about something that is for the good of all of the BASA has seriously got to stop. If you are scared to move up say so, but please stop with the complaining. Believe me there will be more than 7 teams cometing in Comp this year in BASA!!!

ESQ #23, I guess its easy to say people are complaining and whining when you are in no danger of ever having to be moved up since you guys haven't won anything. I'll speak slow so you can understand me, the point with being moved to competitive is if there are 10 or 15 total teams in that division, do you really think that all 10 or 15 will be able to show up to every tournament that is available? Example, there are probably 100 to 150 total rec teams, at Nelly's you had 50 teams, at Indy you had 45 teams....see the point yet, the only time all of the teams in that division show up to play a tourney is in the world. So again with that being said, you will still only avg 3 to 7 teams at a competitive tourney. Since you obviously don't have a problem with having teams move up why don't you request your team be moved up as well so you travel 6 to 10 hours to play in those 6 or 7 team tourney.....oh I forgot there is a force-field around your state that prevents you from leaving it to play in a tourney. Sorry, but they missed the boat on this one, get rid of the competitive divsion period and let those few teams play super rec! Ask them, they'll tell you they just want to play as well.

HEY ESQ#23 AND #15,MOVING UP GRAYSTONE AND BBQ DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE YOUR TEAM WILL STILL BE SORRY.I THINK CERTAIN PEOPLE IN THE BASA ORGANIZATION WAS TIRED OF US (GRAYSTONE) WINNING ALSO EVERY TOURNAMENT, PLUS IT WAS COSTING THEM $$$, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.BASA WANTS THE TITLE BACK IN STL AND THEY KNOW THAT CAN'T HAPPEN FOR CLASS ACT WITH GRAYSTONE LURKING AROUND IN THE SUPER REC DIVISION.IT DON'T MATTER, BECAUSE COMPETIVE TEAMS CAN PLAY IN SUPER REC TOURNAMENTS THIS YEAR ANYWAY,SO WE WILL STILL CONTINUE TO PUNCH SUPER REC TEAMS IN THE MOUTH AND WIN A COMPETIVE TITLE IN DOING SO.NOW THAT'S REAL TALK!!!

Graystone One-9, (if you are a Graystone player)? I commend and respect Graystone for stepping up and playing Competitive. It has nothing to do with any other team being able to win because you have moved up, it has more to do with keeping the competitive game alive. Graystone, BBQ, and who ever else is called up to the next level to play you are have my highest regards. 2 Cents, I'm not going to get into a ******* match with you or for that matter anyone else on this board. I feel the way I do, and you feel the way you do. Lets just agree to disagree. But if winning a championship is more important than the sheer competition of the game then we have truly lost our way. So with that good luck to all teams that move up, you are true warriors.

ESQ #23, not trying to get into a back and forth match you either, I agree with you and the BASA in theory only. What they are attempting to do appears to be noble, save a divsion, but they are attempting to save a division that's been on life support for years now. I know we don't agree, but please ask yourself one question (you and anyone else) and I'll leave it alone for good, Are you really saving a division by only moving 2 teams? All I ask is that you understand my point as I truly do understand the way you are looking at it, now we can agree to disagree. Good Luck to everyone in 06.

2 Cent U already know it works and you dont want to admit it. It still like you scared to move up. You will save the upper division by adding more teams. By moving lets say 10% of the teams in the two lower division that will increase the number of teams in the upper division 3-5 teams moving up will not hurt Rec or Super rec. We already know this it aint like this aint never happend before. I think we just done got comfortable in our surroundings and we like knowing that we can beat certain teams or we can get over on the new teams joining the BASA. Again this is a good thing and U already know.

Now let's be real here i totally agree with 2 cents. The Graystone team can win the world on all 3 levels so don't get it twisted about us being scared to move up! Being a team for the midwest and all the comp. teams are mostly from the south that never comes north besides the world being in columbus just don't make since for a team to want to be moved up. We as a team will like to support the BASA, but we as a team don't want to travel 8-10 hrs every weekend to play in a 10 team tournament. Now all you guys on here talking about being scared let the comp. teams move down or BASA staff move more than 10 teams up so it will be worth the travel( 10 teams in don't cut it for me). If we are one of the teams forced to move up, best believe we will handle our business and for those who don't believe come with your bank roll no hundreds i bet thousands!!!!! 513-276-9585

Chuck, if you ball'n like that and willing to bet g's why is it a problem if you have to move up? This is not just about playing up but it sounds like the BASA is trying to even out the divisions. From what I see you got the Rec division and Supe Rec teams with at least lets say 40 strong while the Comp only has maybe about 10. Now I will give you this why would those 10 teams want to travel alot of hours for a small tourn. If you take some of the teams in Rec and Super Rec that are capable of playing in the upper division then why not move them. All winter long people have been braggin about how good their teams are and what they gone do to this team and that but the min they told they might have to move up they come up with all these excuse of why things are fine or why they cant do this or that. Come on now all of us really know why teams dont want to do it. If this USSSA and they said we had to move up then guess what. Well U ALREADY KNOW what we would do. STAFF hit the theme music to the Jefferson cause we move'n on up!

All this is bull the BASA isn't going to move up those team from super rec.this division will be the showcase of Basa from now on do you honestly think they would drop Derty or move them up did you see how many people followed the with the Storm. now you have new team Class Act getting in the mix, be for real, don't worry Graystone or BBQ the BASA need you in super rec.

We don't mind the move up Graystone would just like more than 2 teams being moved up to a division that only have 7 teams in it. If the comp. division had about 20 to 30 teams in it last year Graystone would have never played super rec from the jump. FYI this team can and will win on any level.

Chuck, I don't doubt you or Graystone for a nano-second? Good luck Bro, and give them hell.

Thanks ESQ 23 for the love. Graystone as a team love to play BASA softball, that's all we want to do. BASA staff if you do move us up please bring 10 to 15 teams with us or allow us to play in some Super Rec tournaments when there's no comp. division with 15 teams or more! One shot one kill!

That's what I'm talking about Chuck. I knew U ALREADY KNEW. Now that is and example of a man stepping to the plate. ESQ 23 U KNOW 2

Graystone 0ne 9....playa i don't know you and don't care...I could care less what your team do because ya'll don't hurt my team one way or the other......I don't talk about your team because I've never seen ya'll play and futhermore the tournements all can be played like the tournement in Tally-ho....When all the winners in the division meet in the end.....that will cut out alot of that mouth especially if you get beat by a REC team!!!!!!1

Just go to two divisions rec with no home runs, thats and competitive 10 home runs. The guy's that want to play will play the ones that don't won't.

hold on #15 dont put your foot in your mouth because s.ga magic will never defeat graystone and if you keep running your mouth i might sick team nati on you guys. you always get on here braggining about how good your team is and nobody in rec can beat you, then why don't yall move up or are yall scared. graystone moving so up so lets see if your team has b###s to do??????????? thats real talk

I AGREE REPORTER NOW CANTY YOUR TURN.

CAN YOU SAY BAMA YOUR TURN LOL

15 don't write a check that S.GA.MAGIC a$$ can't cash,if you want some come in get some.

The only problem i have as far as moving up is graystone didn't win the basa world in no div, yet,but we now get punished for winning usssa!EVERYONE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO WIN A WORLD B4 BEING MOVED UP!There's no guarantee graystone will even play comp not enough teams, and i'd rather beat up on Stucco and Benfield,the top two A teams in the "REAL" softball,than play 5 team tourneys!you get nothing from beating comp basa teams but good message board time!Playn bbq, storm,class act and teams like that,to me, is more of a challenge plus u have good rec teams that can beat u too,so move all of us up or dnt move nobody cuz super rec is the what creates da buzz on the circuit so why **** that up for 5 comp teams!make them come down and we will be more than happy to play progressive with anybody!

My 2 cents is this:

1. Eliminate the competitive division all together.

2. Super Rec-8 homeruns Rec-1 homerun

3. Play later into Friday and Saturday nights so the many of us who have to travel 4+ hours every weekend can get on the road without any worry of falling asleep at the wheel(Safety first)

4. Eliminate the competitive division all together.

5. Eliminate the competitive division all together.

call it this:

THE SUPER COMPETITIVE DIVISION

HEY CANTY THIS YOUR BOY TITEMAN I HAVE TO SAY BAMA YOUR TURN.

HEY TITE MAN,LEAVE CANTY ALONE NOW.HE DOESN'T KNOW IF HIS TEAM IS GOING TO HAVE TO MOVE UP,SO HE DOESN'T WANT TO WRITE A CHECK THAT HIS !@#$# CAN'T CASH.IF THEY ARE MOVED UP, BASA, WE REQUEST TO PLAY S.GA.MAGIC THE 1ST GAME,IN AIKEN,S.C..WHAT WILL IT TAKE,SINCE CANTY HAS SUCH A GREAT GLOVE,I'D LIKE TO SEE HIM PICK SOME OF THESE BEE BEES OUT OF HIS !@#%$!.

see # 15 what you have done. seeing getting on here running your mouth don't got yall a bullseye on your back from graystone. don't be scared now ,i think a couple of them have called you out and your team so everybody waiting to here from the all mighty # 15 from s ga magic or was that all that wolf you was talking????????????????? PUT UP OR SHUT UP

TO THE BASA STAFF PLEASE MOVE S.GA MAGIC UP TO SUPER REC, THEY HAVE THE PLAYERS TO BALL AT THAT LEVEL AND GRAYSTONE CAN WAX THAT A$$ SO ASK #15 CANTY THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE MOVE. P.S YOU GUYS CAN WEAR THOSE PRETTY A$$ UNIFORMS TO THE BATTLE OF DOOM.

come on canty we still waiting on your respone or did they put a gag order on you? or you don't you mouth to get you in trouble with graystone. well to late your team and some others are on the hit list so being quiet on the board is not gonna get you out of this one

Hey everybody who's on my nuts....I'm here....can't be on the board on the weekend have to do things with my kids.....but I'm here now....one 9, reporter, titeman, who's scared....so what you want to play a quality team...I suppose to think my team is the best...just like Graystone, and the Blazers brag so can I......as far as Bama....call me what you want just don't call me collect......Graystone we'll play the first game it doesn't matter....shoot the bee bees down third and you will watch that same bee bee go into the first basemen's mit......can you say....**** I went 1-4 against South Ga Magic....Ain't no play in GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa!!!!!1 Sissiesssssssssssssssss

...free your mind #15...keep doing what you DO!!!.....Tell It!!!

CANTY,I AM SORRY MAN,I KNOW YOUR TRYING TO BE CAREFUL WITH THE WORDS YOU USE,BECAUSE YOU STILL DONE KNOW IF YOU HAVE TO MOVE UP.IF YOU DO MOVE UP,WE WILL PLAY FIRST GAME IN AIKEN,S.C. AGREED.IT CAN HAPPEN,WAITING ON YOUR RESPONSE.THIS SHOULDN'T BE PROBLEM FOR YOUR TEAM SINCE YOU DID MAKE KEY PICK THIS YEAR,RIGHT!!

Fo sho...I don't know your team have never even heard of your team until I got on this board but it doesn't matter like I said before you put one leg in your pants just like me.....so with that being said playa we ain't scared....A game is a game and then it is over....I'm a father full time playa so everything else is simply minute!!!!!!1 but don't be fooled by all the talk.....We are MEN down HERE in the South!!!!!1

I don't have a dog in this fight so it really doesn't matter to me but being a avid board watcher I see there is really only one" team" that seems overly concerned about being moved. I know because I see only there team name on these posts. My granddaddy used to tell me "a hit dog will holla"!

hey canty that what im talking about. see i knew you would not know who to be but like you said you think your team is the best and why wouldn't you. so like 19 said put it all up in the first game in sc. go ask your coach or whoever you have to talk to and it will be setup.

Graystone vrs South Ga Magic.
and believe don't let one of those beebees get past you because you will hear about it all game. thanks for stepping up #15

One thing about me reporter is that I have caught some and I have missed some.....fans don't bother me.....Secondly you will not hit one pass me and I don't need to talk to anyone....it seem like they(grayston) are running BASA....why don't they call and request.....I not involved in the administration duties of the team...I'm a playa!!!!!!1 Why would I shut up I've talked all offseason...No need to stop talking now ...this man call me out I don't even know his team , don't even know the color of their uniforms and don't care....If we play them thats fine and we will give 110% and if Storm play them we will be there to cheer our homeboys on just like when they played Derrty....My question to you reporter.... what team do you play?????1 Stop being scared and call out your team and name!!!!!1

CANTY,I NOTICE YOUR ALWAYS TALKING ABOUT SOME UNIFORMS AND COLORS.IF YOUR SO CONCERNED ABOUT WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE LOOK LIKE YOU CAN ALWAYS GO TO THE PROFILE ARCHIVES UNDER CARLOS GRAY AND YOU WILL NOTICE WE HAVE PLENTY OF UNIFORMS.TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT ME KILLAS!!!.YOU KEEP COMING ON HERE WITH ALL THIS SOFT TALK,YOU BOYS AIN'T TRYING TO SEE US.

That would mean four teams from Detroit would have to move up from super rec. Also, it would water down the super rec division. Stay in rec if you scared. Leave super rec competative just the way it is. It is fun playing teams that keep you on your toes every game.

one 9 you are as soft as they come....with all your big talk you mean nothing to me....I'm simply saying why are you putting me into your conversation playa....I've never mentioned your name or your team so why....I play rec.....I talk trash to rec teams but for you I can make an acception....with all the nut hangers you have on your side....it seem as though ya'll won all five worlds this year and that simply is not the case......IS IT PLAYA?????1 Furthermore we are always ready....hit all your balls to me and we will see......If you got heart enough to do so PIMP!!!!!1

Graystone STOP SAND BAGGING....FIRST YOU GO AFTER A COMPETETIVE TEAM AND NOW YOU WANT TO PLAY A REC TEAM....WOW......YOUR JUST RUNNING YOUR MOUTH AS USUAL.....STOP HATING AND START SELF MOTIVATING!!!!!1 LOVE YOURSELF KILLA...I DIDN'T KNOW KILLAS PLAY SOFTBALL

and there's one giant sigh of relief from #15!!! you've been holding your breath all day! let them have it little buddy.

WHEN U CAN BEAT ANY TEAM FROM REC TO COMP YOU CAN TALK LIKE THAT! ITS OBVIOUS SOME PEOPLE WOULDNT UNDERSTAND HOW IT FEELS TO BE THAT **** GOOD! JUST FACTS!

I know right and it feels great; when you feel like you can destroy anybody.....I know the feeling partna!!!!!1 Good Luck in 06 and player theres no need for me to sigh...We can hold our own beleive that!!!!!1

WE KNOW WE R GOOD,Y'ALL THINK Y'ALL GOOD.THATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN US N Y'ALL. GOOD LUCK TO YOU & YOUR TEAM!

I guess one 9 got tried of talking with me so he sent you.....first off if you look in the reply right above yours....you will see that I stated that I KNOW we are good......there no thinking in the context but If I did use think its a matter of geographics playa...In the so If we say think we mean what we feel...to me thinking and knowing is two of the same words...for example...I know I'm better then you......I think I'm better then you.....whick ever one will get the job done with confidence......I THINK I'm about to leave this post right now!!!!!1

don't hurt'em Canty. i see you're at early today.