BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FAMU'S Marching 100 performance with Jamie Foxx and Kanye West

Just in case you didn't know, the Marching 100 was selected over many others to perform with the duo. Any of you who watched now know why, the have been dubbed the greatest halftime show in America.

Re: FAMU'S Marching 100 performance with Jamie Foxx and Kanye West

KANYE AKA "KW" AND JAMIE FOXX AKA "JFU" THOSE CATS STRAIGHT "TURNT" THE GRAMMY'S OUT.THEY HAD IT SO....CRUNK,I'D LIKE TO HAVE THAT PERFORMANCE ON A DVD JUST TO WATCH THEM CLOWN.

I forgot to Tivo it. And I can't find it anywhere on the net, but it is a must see performance.

Of course I'm biased, but that performance was the best one of the night. Jamie and Kanye were sooo hyped and the Rattlers truly set it off with only 20 band members!!

Says who,I was at the battle of the bands a couple of weeks ago in the ATL and the best band in the land is Prairie View.FAMU was alright not even the 2nd best,maybe the 3rd best behind Prairie View and Jackson State.

Not to high-jack this thread.

Did FAMU's sports programs get put on probation?

super d(motordetroit)

Yes, 4 year probation. Could've been worse.

FYI.... MTV will be airing "Diary- Kanye West at the Grammys" on Sat. at 11am which will include some of the practices.

Hot Rod,

As the voice of the Marching 100, Joe Bullard always notes, the difference is the 100 uses the whole field. And you don't have to be on the front row to enjoy the show.

Sports Illustrated declared the "100" as "the best college marching band in the country."

The 100 has won the Sudler Trophy, the marching band equivalent of football's Heisman Trophy, by the John Philip Sousa Foundation.

The band has been on National TV over 30 times for halftime performances when FAMU was NOT even playing.

They were the official band of the 1984 Olympics.

They have had feature segments on 20/20, 60 Minutes, and P.M. Magazine, while appearing in three commercials.

Kanye picked FAMU after reviewing most of the HBCU bands in the country.

Dr. Julian WHite has been the director for 61 years and still kicking.

Some things are debatable, this isn't one of them. FAMU's Marching 100 stands alone.

You can watch the performace at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8j3Ew5tDImA

I totally agree, this topic is definitely not debatable. But I'd add one more international accomplishment to your already long list!!

In 1989, the 100 was the official representative of the United States at the French Bastille Day Parade in Paris.

Thanks for the link. The verdict is now in.

911, Incognito #35 that was hot they are truley the best. Incognito #35 thanks for that link

You're welcome Exodus #4!!!