BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why are miken ultra 2's still selling?

I think the Ultra II bats are still being marketed and sold, solely for the purpose of cheating, they know that people are painting them to look like the other mikens and are using or selling them as legal bats..I can see stuff like that making sanctions go back to aluminum bats in the near future, which wont make that much of a difference to a good hitter at all, so those of you hooked on cracken, I mean miken, have fun for now......

Re: Why are miken ultra 2's still selling?

They are still legal in Senior divisions and every single senior division player swings it.

thats cool for them, but if that is the case why is miken not still producing the original freak for them to use as well, I mean if they are selling the Ultra for them to use than why not that bat, I know that miken dont, quote un quote produce the original freak anymore, but it seems fishy to me that bat is still in production, but I didnt know the seniors still swung the ultra so thanks...

Also there is the southern softball Assc out of Peters Creek N.C, were that bat is still legal to swing.

Those small sanctions are still swinging the Ultra II, still seems like a excuse to be selling illegal equipment, and allows way too many people to obtain that junk and use it in tournament play after making it look like the legal stuff, I mean hey, I have no problem with the green mayhem or the jeff hall mayhem, freak+ or synergy+, until they get banned, they are legal in some Major sanctions, so use them until your hands bleed, but I dont want to see banned bats making a comeback or reincarnation so to speak in the name of what I call a Ultra-Freak 98..

yes bigdaddy there are still making the first freak that came out and the cost $4oo and now they have new miken that is made out of titanium and run $450 so get you big pockets books out because before you know it we will be paying 500 dollars for a bat

what difference does it really make, I mean the mayhem was made by miken anyway, all them bats are hot. who really wants to be in front of any of them line drives coming off either one of them bat's. ASA is the only sanction that has a bat safety rule. I say if your going to swing them 100+ type bats then drop the core in the ball to 40.cor 375 compression. at least that might give you an extra second to pick the ball up off the bat.

I don't know about out there but here folks are buying the bats and then painting them, even going as far to take them to professional paint shops and painting them up as Original Freaks or Freak 98's. It ridiculous. At EVERY tournament that we have out here somebody will have a painted Ultra II. Its sickening...and that IMO is the hottest bat to ever hit the market.

Kev
Chocodiles

The original grey Ultra was hotter than the Ultra II it had a lot more pop.