BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is T.I. the greatest rapper alive today.

I thinks so.

Re: Is T.I. the greatest rapper alive today.

HE DOES HIS THANG

That's funny, i searched all niught on the internet to find a song by him I heard on the radio yesterday. It's called Ride Wit Me. Tight to death.

HE'S SOOOOOOOOOOO FINE

do you mean the greatest rapper alive that is still making music, or the greatest of all time? if it is the latter, I would say even though he is not still making records, Doug E. Fresh always got the party started, even to this day where ever I am if they play him it gets me out of my seat

T.I. is a good rapper, but I have been debating with my boys, and I dont think he is hotter than Ludacris, they call T.I. the king of the south but he is not the king of Georgia to me, my opinion solely, but open for debate...

No !!!

The greatest alive today? Not hardly. He's good. Better than Ludacris lyrically in my opinion. But to call him the greatest alive today is a stretch I think. Not with Jay-Z still around. Don't jump on me, but I'd have to say Eminem is up there too before I would rank T.I. on the list.

KC, Jay-Z is good but he is being ripped apart by your boy Cameron. Have you heard that song with him dogging your boy out?

As far as lyrics go you cant forget about NAS either. His lyrics have a message. He's deep, not just the usual garbage that we hear.

Know that's what i'm talking about..I'm a JAY_Z HO_VA and YOUNG_HOV..true fan..He is the best hands down..Now with NAS under his belt the rap game will be on lock for sure @DEF_JAM...
OH!!!!KILLA CAM came with it on the JAY_Z diss song I got to give it to him..

...NOPE!! and I'm not hating......I like T.I......but My Favorite is LUDA....

Ball or Fall, Cam is just dissing now because Jay never wanted him as part of Tha ROC camp. Jay is much too big to even have to respond to his disses.

T.I. is without question da "King Of Da South". So "Haters Get On Ya Job"

MOTIVATION

TI is good, but lyrically Ludacris got him beat hands down

Luda and T.I are both good. They are on different levels. Both rap about different things. Luda is the more versatile rapper and T.I raps about the street all the time.

Just heard tha song. I have to go with T.I. that thing is banging.

I don't like any of that country stuff! __ True Rap--True Hip-Hop is defined and establish from a MC that recites lyrics in a rhythmic, syncopated fashion.(not technological enhancement, blured verbal hiccups, double entendres and homespun machismo) A rappers rhetorical quirks, tics, and rhyme flow marks his/her individual style. A 'true' MC incorperates rhyme schemes from couplets into tetrameter, to iambic petameter. And finally the MC's enjambment, prosody, and sophisticated syncopations tie the MC's collage of rhymes into a euphonic ensemble__ Now dats' the predicate of 'true' Rap and Hip-Hop__ not that country ' un-inspriing vulgality' of self-hatred, and 'blaxploitation' of macks, pimps, hustlers, and gangsters that you Southerners heed!

____________ebonically brilliant and super dramatically provocative......

super d(motordetroit)

with saying all that.....what rapper would you say depicts that model. Maybe you don't know what true hip-hop is......Maybe you are one of those older cats who just listen to the Isley brothers or ojays.....and don't forget that during the depression Southerners migrated to your beautiful city.....called Detriot so for all the Southern and Country stuff you are saying is a part of your History partna....but I respect your opinion I just want you to say what type of hiphop(if any) and who do you listen to??????1

t.i. is the man no doubt but haters you dont no

I feel you on that my fellow country fam #15. Why do people forget where they come from and their history? Don't get on here and hate because your part of the state isn't making no money anymore. Learn that there are different types of rap, hip-hop or music in general. Why did the director make the movie Rize? It might look like the director took his camcorder out in the street and just started filming, but the meaning and the history that goes along with it can open your small world up. Open your eyes to different things and stop hating.

'#15'__ You stated," I'm one of those older cats that listens to the Isley brothers"__ I love good music, so yes, the Isley Brothers are in my case of cd's, along with the erotic desires of Marvin Gaye, political lyrics of Curtis Mayfield---but not only that, the avant-garde jazz of Coltrane, Armstrong, Thelonius Monk, Marsalis, West, and Brubick---heck, I even 'bump' to the brilliant Piano Sonata of Schuberts 'Allegro ma non troppo', Beethoven's 3rd symphony the 'Eroica' and the Concerto Ballet 'Die Geschopfe des Prometheus'__So ya' see I'm well 'dapped' to the aesthetics of music.

Don't think I'm 'diss'n' the southern rap artists, just that it ain't ma' style. Southern Rap has no artistic statement or ethical imagination__ it's all about the money__ not the Art.

Hip-Hop has worked to hard to let the sadistic, self-destructive, violet,brutal, narcissistic,pathological, immoral, and evil style of the southern rappers destroy the Art.

I dig the east-coast rappers Nas, the roots, Method, Eric Shermon, Ghost Face, last poets, and even ma' homies, Obie Trice, & Em,--true 'Hip-Hopistry'.

I's tells it like it t-i-(is), I is who I am and am who I is .....ebonically profound, and most provocative........

super d(motordetroit)

I hear your array of music but you didn't mention the roots of Our music....the classicals are good as well as jazz...which I recite poetry over but I also love to here that Blues...the cries of the past...always touch my soul....also country is cool...rock(Guns and roses, Def. Leopard, Nivarna...hot...All I'm trying to say is music from what ever part of the world is great music....you might don't like our flavor of music because you didn't live the lifestyles we(Southern rappers)often talk about.....the south is hip-hop...that east Coast mess ain't real music....The music make you want to kill the whole club.....questions why do all east Coast rapper have a beef with somebody and everyone claim to be the hardest....hmmm.....Example I'm from the south so therefore we did not get Rakim....Boogie down Production...etc...we were listening to the mainstream LL, Kilo, Shy D, 2 live Crew, Gucci Crew, DJ Jimi more of the dance music....we still dance in the South!!!!!1

True dat' '#15', I will agree, that southern(for the lack of words) 'Hip-Hop', is more/or less tailored to dance to, with its heavy bass beats and silky melodies, makes it easy to groove to the feminine genders gluteus maximus--the 'booty'--the metaphorical 'onion'.

East-Coast hip-hop adheres to the authentic principles of HipHop.(The drum and the word) which is why the east-coast rap laureates cannot divorce their style from its Carribbean roots ie; soca, salsa, afro-cuban, ska, and reggae.

Like I stated before, I'm not diss'n the southern parlance, ya'll 'blew-up' the old-school way, by reinvigorating and reappropriating the rap 'game' with a entire new premise and renaissance, all in the name of progress__ So 'Big-ups' to the South fo' that!

all-and-all, I quess we agree to disagree__healthy discourse however, never hurt anyone.

I be tell'n it like it t-i(is)__________________ebonically brilliant and profoundly provocative......

super d(motordetroit)

But what is your reaction to the fact that 70% of all rap music sales are to White Males?

I already know that and all I'm saying is that hip-hop is changing the world....because if you look at it if 70% of sales are going to white males that means the break down of racism is decreasing and more people are getting alone.....just mind set about because if they listen to our music they must see something in us they like and enjoy......so that is the beginning of the barriers being broken down!!!!!1

'white-folk' have always been infatuated with 'Black music', be-it,Jazz, Blues, Rock and Roll, Funk/Disco, House, Techno, or Rap!

Breaking down barriers? Where?---remember it wasn't until rap and Hip-Hop made a huge impact on white kids that the music was so roundly attacked. As long as the effect of rap were reduced to us(Blacks), its menace went undetected, unprotested and ignored. Then too, last I check the inequality in economics, and education are still critical problems in amerikkka.

Economics play a huge role in why Whites 'out-buy' young Blacks in the Rap music genre. How many young brotha's do you know, who can readily go-out each week and 'plop-down' $25 bucks (or so) for 2 CD's?......not many!......

Can Rap and Hip-Hop be the art form that transcends race? That story has yet to be told---Just remember, Hip-Hops origins are rooted in radicalism, lets pray and hope it won't be bleach to 'white-ness', and lose its masculine spirit of free-form creative expression, in which young Blacks centralized the identity of Blackness.

super d(motordetroit)

I hear the argument about who is the best rapper between T.I. and Luda, but the best rapper with the best flow hands down in the south is Bun B.