BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
COACH D's Farewell Tour........

Well BASA Nation I told you in the Hump Day Shout out post that I had an announcement to make on "Free Your Mind Friday". I am formally announcing my retirement from the softball circuit after this season. I started following my father around on softball fields all over St.Louis in 1974. I was 14 years old and have been involved with this game for 32 years now. I've played (decent player), umpired (outstanding ump), and coached (difficult w/adults). I started my 2nd family in 1999 and have a beautiful wife, Adrienne, who misses me in the summertime, and together we have 2 beautiful children, Christian (6yrs old) and Faith (3yrs old) they miss me too. Additionally I have 2 sons from my first marriage, Donnell Jr. (20yrs old) and Angelo (16yrs old). I love this game but God has put on my heart to devote the rest of my time on this earth to them. I'm dedicating this last season to my father Russell "Duck" Bland who as those of you who know him has been in poor health. I will be bringing him to the park whenever he feels up to it and I plan to bring him on at least one road trip probably Naptown so if you haven't met him do yourself a favor and do so. I could go on and on but I don't want to bore everyone. To all the guys who raised me in this game I love and respect each and every one of you and thanks for the lessons I've learned. To each and every ballplayer I've coached these last 5 years thank you for acknowledging me as a leader and showing me the same respect you've shown all the coaches in your life. Finally to my new team Xtreme I'm Xcited and looking forward to spending my final season on the circuit with a bunch of guys who already know how to win and are as classy as anyone could imagine. Words cannot Xpress my anticipation as this season approaches. I'm looking forward to meeting all the Board Members this season and collecting momentos and everything. I'm going to end here by asking each and every one of you to pray for me and my family and let's have some fun in '06. COACH D OUT!

Re: COACH D's Farewell Tour........

....I for you and family and 2 DUCK my MOTIVATOR...and Coach D....you made your mark and gone miss U and I hope you at least come sometimes whenever, you are ALWAYS welcome....and 2 ANGELO...you have coaching in your BLOOD....WE will always be here for you YOUNG MAN....so I wish your Family well and you are ALL in my 's...."CHURCH"

Thanks Tito! You're a class individual keep doin' what you do!

Coach D, thanks 4 tha talks & battles we've had against each other.Tell yo pops i send my deepest love & respect to him,& sorry you & i could'nt hook up but at tha same time thanks 4 tha little 360 that told me about tha game of softball.Peace coach d!!!!!

Don't know you Coach D but you sound like a good fella Good luck
Smallz has spoken!!

COACH D,THIS IS DINSUM,GOD BLESS YOU MAN.TAKE CARE,SWEAT HARKINS,L.M.S.

WHAT'S UP COACH, THIS LIL REDDE #13. IT WASNT UNTILL I PLAYED WITH IMPACT MY GAME TOOK A WHOLE NOTHA TURN FOR GREATNESS UP UNDER YOU AND WILL. WE'VE HAD GOOD TIMES AND BAD TIMES. YOU PROBABLY THE ONE COACH TO DATE THAT KNOWS ME INSIDE OUT AS A MAN AND BALLPLAYER. YOU AND D'ANGELO HAVE EVEN CAME OUT TO SUPPORT ALEX AT ALOT OF HIS BASKETBALL GAMES. BLACK WORLD IN 01'AND 02' WILL ALWAYS BE IN THE BANKS OF MY MEMORY AS THE GOOD TIMES. AS FOR DÁNGELO ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS LOUVILLE! LOL! COACH EVEN WHEN I LEFT TO PLAY WITH STARS I STILL HAD YOU IN THE DUGOUT, POPS, (DUCK). SO HEY MAN, I WISH YOU AND YOUR FAMILY THE BEST. I DONT KNOW HOW OFTEN ILL SEE YOU OVER THIS PAST SEASON, BUT IF AND WHEN I DO, LETS DO IT BIG! YOUR SOFTBALL SON LIL REDDE #13

Wolf, I feel there are few individuals who understand this game as well as I do and you are one of those. I wish you the best of luck with "The Act" this season and I'm looking forward to enjoying the battles on the dirt.
Smallz, When you see me this season you'll know who I am we've done battle on several occasions when I was coaching Impact. As a matter of fact about 3 years ago we were in Louisville staying at the same hotel and myself, you, Nell and your coach sat in the lobby and talked softball for a couple of hours.
Dinsum, I appreciate the shout and look forward to meeting you and watching you play this season.
Lil Redde, what can I say man, we're family! We've won together, we've lost together, we've laughed together, we've rode together, we've even fought like only family would. I'm coming to the ATL this spring Angelo wants to visit Morehouse and some other schools so you know I'll be calling you so we can hook up. Good luck this season and I'll always be your coach, believe that! COACH D OUT!

Coach D and Duck my friends to the end. As we travel through this world we often meet individuals who reminds us of ourselve. Through the years we have battle and been on the same sides but we have never said anything out of order to each other because the passion for this game was so mutual between us and your Dad, what can I say, have known for years and have had some disagreements with but never disrespected each other. I would like to say this to both of you'll, thanks for the moments and the memories. When this year ends I hope to come to both and say don't let this be the end of our friendship because you are my friends to the end, and that is meant from the bottom of my heart, COACH D & DUCK 4EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!This is the season for the reasons to luv each other for life. Each one teach one and we will look basck in time and say, we taught our people well. Out1..............

HEY COACH D

ALTHOUGH WE HAVEN'T MET, I FEEL LIKE I KNOW YOU. JUST WANTED TO SAY GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY AND GOD BLESS YOU!!!

Davida #7 (GA MIXX) #4 (WWB)

What's up Coach D!!!I don't know u but it sounds like ur n o.k fella.Hope I get achance to meet u n ur pops this season.Good luck this season...

Greene#44..
Signing..OFF..

COACH D I CAN'T SAY SO LONG JUST YET BUT I UNDERSTAND WHERE YOUR FOCUS HAS TO GO AT THIS TIME. HOPFULLY WE ALL ARE ABLE REALIZE WHEN OUR TIME IS UP,AND IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON. SEE YA IN 06. TUFO(STL.CITY HITTERS)

Coach D, what can I say but God Bless and I am praying for you and all of yours. Duck was one of the first ballers that I met in the Lou when I moved here. He has always been a inspiration and friend, even through the battles at the old Heman Park league(Unlimited Arch).
You and I have battled throughout the years and we finally came together last year with Impact. It started off rocky for us but in the end we represented and laid it all on the line in the world. Thanks for all of the talks and brotherhood. You will be missed. So, let's make this year the best. Nothing but love here....Zach Pack......

Davida #7 I'm truly looking forward to meeting you and I really appreciate all the shout outs and reminding me about the Hump Day Shouts

Greene #44 I'm looking forward to meeting you also thanks for the shout

3xworldschamp what can I say I've always admired your game, "The Best Leadoff Man in the Business". Explosion, Class Act, Undercover, Xtreme, every team you've been with since I came home in 1997 has been the team to beat. Something tells me the City Hitters are going to be tough to beat and your leadership will be one of the reasons. I enjoy talking ball with you because just like Wolf we're on the same page. Good luck in '06 and I'll holla tomorrow

Zacky Zack! What's up dog just like I told Tufo I've always respected your game how could I not you've kicked my ass over these last 5 years when you were with Magnum. I'm going to take you back to 1998 though when you were playing with The Heat and your squad was playin' Supreme at Bellefountaine I want to say it was in The Challenge and you hit a ball on the parking lot. I couldn't believe that someone your size could hit a ball that far. Without a doubt you're one of the best outfielders I've ever coached. Thanks for asking about my Pop and keep praying for him. Even though I'm rollin' with Xtreme in the Super Rec the City Hitters is my Rec squad so make sure Charlie has me a shirt. Good luck in '06 COACH D OUT!

Hey good luck Coach D
Not it's time to let your mind be free
Sounds like we are loosing a great man of the game
Sounds like someone that is going to the Hall of fame
From reading some of the post
Sounds like you are the coach that is loved the most
A man that is truely respected
A lot of lives you must have affected
Look at all the stuff you have had to endure
All in a good way and thats for sure
But you knew that weeping only endures for the night
You have shown so many the light
So go ahead sit back and chill
Thanks to you Coach D and thats for real. (End)

Good luck in all that you do. Cant wait to meet you in person.

Hi Coach D.

I have never had to pleasure of meeting you in person. I still will miss you. Be sure we get to meet in 06, so that I get that opportunity and put a face with your name. I understand where you are coming from, you have done your due and now it is time for family time. Good luck to what you do and my God bless you.

Nkozone aka Lil' Kevin both me and my father have always enjoyed watching you play and I'm glad that I finally got the chance to coach you as well. You're one of the toughest ballplayers pound for pound on the circuit. I tell people all the time that with 2 outs and runners in scoring position give me Lil' Kevin. Thanks for the battles but we're not done yet we'll be battling this season also...you guys gave me everything you had in the World last year and I appreciate it like you wouldn't believe I'm hoping to go out like Jerome Bettis, with a ring. COACH D OUT!

Homecoming likewise I'm looking forward to meeting you because when it comes to the spoken word you da' man!

Ms LA thanks for all the shout outs and I can't wait to meet all the members of the, "All Dyme" team

I'm going to be like a 45 year old kid all season, I'm goin' out winnin' and partyin' I'm getting a chance to coach my Pop's adopted sons, Moe, Chuck, Rocky, & YaYa along with the rest of the "X" squad. As Jolease would say, "the cooler will never be empty". Pass the Bud....Light

You sound like a man who have many years of softball left in your blood. You are all the way live and retiring for the wrong reasons, other people, will cause misery. I'm not convinced by your farewell that this is what you want to do. I've been where you are headed and you have to retire for yourself or even better enjoy it with someone else who loves it as much as you do.
-A Fan

COACH D, Its Crash, only played for you one year but will never forget it. Hope your last year is a great one, because a guy like you deserves to go out on top!Hope to see you on your last tour.Im looking to turn it up this year, so if you know a team on the circuit looking for a WHITE BOY that plays hard every time he steps on the field let me know. Put my name out there. Hope to here from you! Angelo, WHAT UP CRASH

See u under the 2JO's TENT!!! AND U KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS AND U FEEL ME???

Been There I appreciate the input but my farewell is both my decision and very sincere. Not many people have been doing anything in life for 32 years nobody even works on the same job for 32 years. Believe me COACH D will be around I just won't be actively coaching because it's time. I could elaborate more but it really isn't necessary.

What up Crash! The 1 year that you played for me was probably the most fun I've had in the last 5. As far as a team that you might want to contact about playing I think L.O.L. (Kaylew's team) would be perfect for you. Call me 494-6838 and I'll give you Ant Graham's number.

What'd up Jo Jo you know I'll be under the tent dog! It's time to kick it and have a ball! And don't forget I still have that contract waiting for you to sign. COACH D OUT!

Are yuh scerrrrred or whip'd. I got the right to ask since you put it out there. "Enjoy it with someone who loves the game as much as Coch D.

Coach D it has been a great pleasure to meet and to get to know a person of your caliver. Keep up the good work and may God bless you and your family. See you in Memphis

Thanks Vernon and the same here in terms of having the opportunity to meet and watch my teams compete against you with mostly Club 51 and later with Deuce 9. Good luck this season with Team Takeover!
COACH D OUT!