BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ESPN

Did anyone watch ESPN yesterday when they interviewed Donovan Mcnab? What do you think about what he said?

Re: ESPN

Missed it. What did he say Ex?

As much as T.O. was wrong for what he said, all McNabb did last night was state the case that what T.O. said was true. McNabb is soft, end of story. Your wife has to tell you that what T.O. said is no laughing matter. Give me a break.

I dont remember everything that he said, however there was one part that really stuck with me. Donovan said that what Michael Irving and T.O. said was equal to and I quote "Black on Black" crime. Give me a break! When Michael Irving made that statement about Brett Farve he was saying how Brett doesn't have any talent around him right now and if Brett was on a team like the Eagles that they would be undeafeated, and T.O. agreed with that statement which was the end of it all. Then Donovan goes on to say something about they should stop all this worrying about contracts and stuff and get back to playing football. Well it's easy to say that for him he has a $100 million dollar contract. I think and this is just my thoughts is that if Donovan had stepped up and the begining of training camp and said look as the leader of this team give him a new contract we can redo my deal if we need to but get him what he wants. If Donovan had done that the Eagle would still be together and they might even be playing this sunday.

Now the "black on black" crime statement may be a little extreme but there is a hint of validity to it. I can't speak for him but maybe he meant that black players should not bash each other in the media and the Bret Favre comparisons ridiculous, today Mcnabb is better. Favre has had weapons and still lost. Now about the money, I don't ever remember Mcnabb holding out or even speaking out about his contract, do you? Maybe he didn't think T.O. was a good enough teammate for him to go to bat for. No question about T.O's talent but a multi-multi-million dollar contract requires much more than just on the field stuff. It’s locker room, media room, community all that stuff. Isn't Mcnabb from the "Chi" what has he done for the community in Chicago?

Donovan didn't have to complain about his contract when his contract was up they gave him that big $100 million dollar contract. Now I agree that he is good but a 100 million he aint that good yet. As far as the compairison there was none. Irving just made the statement that if Brett had a team like the Eagles then they might be undeafeated at that point into the season it was only like 7 games I believe. As far as what Donovan has done in the Chicago area I cant really say since I am not from there I just work here. The more I think about it though and you think about this too. Why doesn't Byron Leftwhich get the same type of critisim that Donovan gets as far as being a black quaterback. The reason is Byron completes more passes. Again that is just my opinion.

Here is some of the interview with Donovan if you want to read it http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2315565