BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BRING BACK THE MAJORS

Lets all make the BASA stronger and move up and give the people what they want.Lets all do it before Akien,S.C. if this happens the BASA will have to have more tourneys for us. Will somebody please second this motion?

1)ATLANTA STORM

2)BBQ

3)CLASS ACT

4)CREATIVE WALL

5)GRAYSTONE MORTGAGE( one )

Re: BRING BACK THE MAJORS

none of those teams travel except for graystone. so what they play in a couple of basa tourneys and then meet in the world? the majority of the competative players from 2000 and on are playing on rec and super rec teams because they want to play. godfather played in 1 basa tourney and the world. pace didn't play in any. primetime played in 1 or 2 and then the world. the higher up you go the fewer the teams. you can take the top ten in super rec and make them move up and never have enough to field a good tournament. maybe fifteen at the world, other than that its not reasonable or cost affective for the basa to try and revive a division that is dying off.

Why? The only thing that would do is put 5 more teams up there making the total what, 12 total competative teams. I'm sure you'd still never get all 12 teams at one tourney except for the World so it would be a waste just ask any competative team. Anyone who willingly moved up might as well say, I don't want to play any black ball this year so instead of just saying that I'll move my team up to competative. Let it go, just it go.

I say just do the opposite.....move them down and increase the homeruns by 3. That would allow the Super Rec. to become even more competitive....you have maybe 5 or 6 teams in the comp. division....If the super Rec. is as good as they say...why can't they afford the new competition....are they scared the top 5 teams will become the 6th,7th,8th,9th, and 10th teams....i think it would work....Everyone put on there softball pants the exact same way....one leg first and then the next!!!!!1

Graystone and BBQ are legit Major Teams,they have players that have played "Major" for a few yrs..I think the Storm,Class Act and Mavs can compete in Major Division,but lack the "firepower" weekend and week out to last a whole Season,will have to do some "Major" recruiting..

#15...it's not about those top 5 teams in the super-rec being able to compete. they will be just fine. it's about attracting another 9 or 10 teams to that division by limiting the homeruns to 6. you want a division that ultimately has about 25-30 teams. do you cater to 3-4 competative teams or do you create a division that will continue to grow? you do have a good idea though about the ranking system, i think something like that would work. any good hitting team can compete against the competative teams because there is no limit on hits. ask a competative team to cut down and then you may have some problems. it's easy to bat .800 plus when you only have to swing for the gates.

I agree with player, its about creating a division that will last. My earlier point was made again by #15, his idea is to increase the super rec home run limit, super rec is fine right where it is. Increasing super recs home run limit only caters to the competitve teams. AGAIN, IF THEY WANT TO PLAY IN ANOTHER DIVISION, THEY SHOULD PLAY BY THEIR RULES PERIOD!!! Otherwise stay where you are and keep having your 3 to 7 team tournaments. Its that simple.

15 WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. YOU PUT YOUR PANTS ON ONE LEG AT A TIME, BUT WHAT DO YOU PLAY? REC!

Upper teams will still be dominant in Super-Rec as well. There are maybe a few Super-rec teams that can compete with upper teams. BBQ-Graystone to name a few. But some teams are built for Super-Rec and Rec due to the home run limits. Atlanta Storm can compete in the Upper division as they have shown in the past, but they where built for Super-Rec. In the upper, they find the best of the best to play. Super-Rec teams try to do that, but at the same time, they do not have the money upper teams have to pay players, give out equipment, etc.

so the players on gfm and primetime are getting paid? how much do guys like that get? that's amazing if its true!

PT does not pay players to play, but most upper teams pay for everything plus some.

I agree with Lotay..We are built for Super Rec,have been for yrs..If we move up we would have to recruit to compete on that level every weekend

I agree with you D12 we can play Major but the thing is..When it comes to the big tournaments all the Major teams recruit all the heavy hitters which is not fair..I think what you start with at the beginning of the year should be what you finish with.That's the thing we don't like to just bring guys in just for those tournaments I feel what got you to that point you should win or loose with that..
The Detective
Smallz

THeir have been great points made about this topic. I play competitive and Im telling you. I hate driving all the way to Atlanta, Indianapolis and playing in a tournament with 4 or 5 teams. Its not worth my time or money. As far as how to resolve this problem, I dont want to speak on that but something needs to be done. Their are alot of great teams in Rec, Super Rec and Competitive and I dont think anyone should have to cater to the other. This is a BASA thing and they should be coming up with a plan, which Im sure they are, that will make this circuit better. In the mean time, you have to understand why most competitive teams dont go to alot more BASA tournaments. When you are going to a tournament and the night before you call and the organizer tell you that they have 12 competitive teams and the next day you get there they are trying to tell you we had 5 teams drop out, thats ridiculous.

Ball or Fall @ Smallz @ Dee great points.

This is not just a BASA problem. This is a problem in all of softball. WSL does not even have a major program.
USSSA Major only has 4 teams registered as major. A division only had 19 teams and 8 of them were playing up. NSA Major Worlds had 5 Teams. ASA major had 3. USSSA Black American only had 9 teams.

So let's support BASA and be a part of the solution and not the problem. They had more teams at Worlds than any of the other associations.

If i may ask, what are the HR limits in super rec, comp. etc? I tell you this, from playing on both circuits, a team that base-hits the crap out of ya, is much more scary than any team just stepping up trying to hit bombs. I have played against, with and beat "A" teams on many occasions. If u have heart and hit with them, anyone can be beat on any given day! I say let 'em play wherever. Don't be scurred, step up!

E West 34, I couldn't agree more!!! That's my point, let them play where ever but at the rules in which that the tourney is being played at. If they play in the Super Rec divsion play by there rules, if they play in the rec division play by there rules, if any super rec team plays in a competitive tourney, play by their rules.......& so on & so on. Its really pretty simple. No matter what, teams / players are going to complain if they feel like they can't win. Teams are complaining now, and have been complaining. I hate that these teams are alienated from the BASA experience to be honest, I just don't want to be like them on the outside looking in so moving up is not an option for me. Let them play.

i agree they should only have 2 divisions super rec and majors it;s silly too think if ur a rec team hitting 3 homeruns that you can't hit 5. evryone knows someone playing rec on your team who does not hit homeruns hits one now u only have 2 left for guys who do. so why not make it where you hit 6 homeruns in one division and 10 in another that way teams quit sandbagging like year class act won rec there were only 2 divisions makes for better tournaments then you;ll see big teams come play why handicap big teams if you scared call 911. go back to old way tghen there be more prize money then top 5 teams in lower division move up automatically that way u'll build great major teams and great super rec teams

I dont think a change for rec is a good idea, that is the bread and butter division on the circuit, that division is not broken, how can it be when it brings you almost 100 teams if not more for the worlds, super-rec is growing and competitive is shrinking, competitive and super-rec is the only divisions that should be tweeked a little.. Competitive is the grandfather of the BASA and that makes it hard to retire it, and I agree that some loyalty should be shown to the Competitive teams, but please dont mess with the rec guys, let them hit their three hrs, and find a happy medium for the upper divisions so that they can get together and make one division....

Ok, I tried to do what I could do. My last suggestion is to look at dollars and cents.The Rec division is the money maker, the Super-rec is the most competitive and the major is F#@%ED up! Why dont the BASA make it 2 divisions Rec 2HR and Super 6HR this way you will stop teams from so called sandbagging in all cases. This way the BASA will make just a little bit more money all together.Make it happen EARL....Most teams want to play all year not just one time at the WORLDS. You are welcome BASA I hope this solves the problem.

Graystone 8 you are right. I think it would be a good thing as well to do away with the competitive end of it, even though thats what I play, and just have rec and super rec. BASA would then get even more teams due to the fact of the combination and the fact that the competitive teams and go to more tournaments and not have to worry about their not being enough teams to play. Its elementary. Good point #8

GODFATHER has no problem coming down in super rec. and hitting six hrs. for a year the team we have has no problem doing that. We have played some weekends were you can only hit one or two hrs. and won that weekend.We use those weekends work on our base hitting.That's why when we play ten hrs. we have no problem scoring 35,40 runs.Everybody knows how GFM plays ball,after the homeruns are gone then you know what happens??????????do you all really want that.we do,that just means more double plays 4 us.so we are in a no win...not enough com. teams and not enough comp. super rec. teams that cry about hitting the middle after the 6 hrs are gone.if yall can handle that,then you all go to basa and make it happen!!!!!that will solve all the problems.

I Do agree with #15..I think they should move the competitive down to the super rec division. That would level out many tournaments and also make for better competition. Rosters should be locked at a certain date and noone can add on players after that date.If you freeze rosters the add ons wont happen. And to really even it out, a player must play in at least 2 BASA tournaments to be eligable for worlds.

i for one would welcome godfather management and any other competative teams to the super-rec. we all realize that the middle is part of the game and you better get a pitcher that knows how to keep some people off-balance and not pose out there like they are playing cornhole! none of the teams that have been mentioned...gfm, primetime or pace have been labeled as dirty teams. they all play usssa a and b ball and its no different than the whiteboys going back up the middle. all those teams have pitchers as well, so sometimes you have to shoot the middle to protect your own pitcher. let them drop down and play. take a few steps back in the grass and let's get it on!!

Well BASA I just read some other topics and someone has already beat me to my bright idea, so now I guess we are all waiting to hear yours ????

now i agree with graystone #8 and 3d gfm about letting the two division combine and going one up on the homeruns to 6. but also remember for every action there is a reaction. there will be alot of super rec teams who will cry about comp teams moving down and therefore will cause super rec teams to drop down to rec. then you will have another issue all over again and the basa will cater to the rec teams before anybody. the top ten in super rec good play comp ball and just drop the homeruns. rec=3 srec=5 and comp=8 and that way you can keep everybody happy. does anybody agree with this?

To tha basa staff,drake herckle,clay,& earl we all feel that you should take a closer look at what all these players are talking about.If you remember in my interview how to make basa or what changes should be made to make it better 4 all divisions& stop tha so-called sandbagging is rec=2hr's,super rec=5hr's, & comp 8hr's & move tha teams up who's suppose to be up & down tha teams that's suppose to down.Class-act & i'm sure all tha other super-rec teams will do tha right thing along with e.side playa's & Ga.magic & tha rest of tha rec teams.What i'm reading sounds to me tha players wants to make it more exciting & stronger 4 all tha teams..

A wolf you hit that right on the head. I to feel it'll be better for alot of teams.

wolf you made i very good point and the basa should step up and handle this before the kickoff classic. i think the plan wolf had would even all the division out because just like some sup rec teams should move up there are at least 4 to 5 rec teams who also should move up and you guys now who you are

Rec should be no HRS. Super Rec 4 Comp 8.

Big dog you have to give rec at least one, or go back to tha OLD rule REC 1 hr hitter comp $ hr hitters. What ever happends something will change soon!!!lol One mo thing big dog don't be calling me about all that hitting your doing in that beautiful weather i don't want to hear that.Up here,where just hoping to dodge this big snow storm thats about to come.You did right by moving from tha E.side to down there!!!lolololol

I personally think that it will take a couple of Seasons to build The "Major" Division up,if you start moving SUPER REC Teams up.

Then you have to hope that those SUPER REC Teams that you forced up,don't break up the next Season,because they felt like they were "throwing money away" or their Team wasn't built for "Major"

I still say let everything stay like it is and start moving the top 3-5 Super Rec Teams up from the "WORLDS"..HR's..REC 0,SUP REC 4,MAJOR 8

this problem wouldnt be as bad if you didnt have all these super rec teams talking about who they can beat.the only way to find out is to play?no matter how many teams is in any division,i wanna play the best.if i was playing rec,i would only talk to rec teams.if i played super rec,i would only talk to super rec teams.but since i play comp,i dont know why im even talking to those that dont play on that level.ill stick to talking to those that are stepping up to the comp. plate every weekend.so please no more comments to me about what you can do until i see you in that comp. bracket holla at cha boy!!! wolf i know you know the game..big ups to you

don't give wolf a hummer......he's playing super-rec too!

Wolf that would eliminate a lot of sandbagging in REC. But at the same time help the upper divisions.
Maybe 1 HR Rec, 4 Super Rec, 8 Major. It is nice down here though. 70 degrees. Swole @ WB will kill me if I do not put that work in. I owe it all to Bryan Cox, for blessing a brotha. By the way, I will not hit again until sunday morning after church and between cooking for my SUPER SUPER SUPER BOWL PARTY. LMAO. HALF TIME ENTERTAINMENT AT ITS BEST. HOLLA !!!!!

Hell it's only five teams in the Super Rec. divison...why move teams up when they can be moved down and 3 homeruns can be added....what's the big problem and the Rec. teams move up from the world if you finish in the top five in the world two years in a row move up...it's not hard. Or even do a ranking system that will tell all trust me!!!!!1 some teams are just talk and is not winning many tournements...so don't move teams base on Mouth but ability!!!!!1

well speaking of mouths #15 you on running you mouth all the time. how bout you huys move up to play super rec if you proclaimed to be so good and nobody in rec can beat you