BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GRAYSTONE MOVES UP!

GRAYSTONE MORTGAGE will play in most of the competitive tourneys that the basa will have in 2006, we will also play in the super-rec.It was just brought to our attention that the competitive teams can play in the super-rec also. So in the near future you will be entertained this coming year.GET READY.......

Re: GRAYSTONE MOVES UP!

that's great.......you'll get to play in maybe one competative tournament during the year.

Nobody cares about competative because they never have enough teams to have a tourney, I couldn't see myself driving 6 to 8 hours for 5 to 8 team tourney. I see competative players getting on here and trying to play that old "Jedi mind trick" by calling out super rec teams and saying that they are too scared to move up, nothing could be further from the truth, the only thing super rec teams are scared of is not being able to play and enjoy the BASA circuit like the competative teams haven't been able to do. Me personally, I welcome the challenge of playing against these so called upper teams, but at our rules (super rec) which is what needs to happen because when super rec teams play in rec tourneys they play by rec rules. So bring it on and see if you BIG BOYS can cut down that swing, I'm sure a few of you can, but I bet most of you can't!

I have always said that as a pitcher that has played/pitched against "major" teams,when the HR's are gone get ready there will be some flying overhead protect yourself it can get "ugly"

Amen D12, Enuff Said!

can we hear from GFM/worth and PACE/tps and any other upper players on this topic? with everyone's input maybe we can come up with a solution that will accomodate everyone.

It could get ugly in rec when a good hitting team goes up the middle, that's part of the game. I not advocating it, but at any level a pitcher can be in danger if someone hits the middle. That's not a good enough argument in my opinion. Thats why pitchers wear helmets, ask Wolf, he wears one and he plays in the super rec division, I've also seen chinguards, chest protectors....

I'm just saying when the HR's are gone,which they will be gone quickly..watch out the balls comes off the bat a lil faster than the "average" playa..with todays "juiced"/"shaved" bats stronger guys ,it will get I also agree it's dangerous pitching at "ANY" level..I will be donong the in '06

a good solution is have 2 divisions 6homeruns and 10 homeruns then they can plas nsa rules as well called 1up rule a team can only hit one more homerun extra until other teams hits one meaning i've hit my 6 homeruns i may hit 7 but until other team hit 7 if i hit any more it's an out makes game exciting and will also keep ball off pitcher something to think about

2cents, one thing you have to realize is, the big boys dont cut their swings down, they just change the target, they will stop aiming for the furthest tree, road, building or car, and start aiming at people on the dirt, which is cool, that is not to say that there are not players in all divisions that hit down hard, but there is not as many on one team in the lower divisions, and it is a myth to think that the so called big boys will become average hitters with a lower hr limit, they may jack off a few but they did not become hr hitters overnight, they all for the most part started out as hitters, period, now they have a hitting technique to lift the ball more often, but they will not stop hitting and scoring

In my experience playing Major and class A and B tournaments is just like what D12 said.....The ball will come back to the pitcher when the homeruns are gone....

that's why most of those teams play a five man to protect the middle as much as they can.

HERE IS YOUR REQUEST "PLAYER"------FIRST WE WELCOME "GRAYSTONE"(TAYLOR MADE)AND FANS BACK TO COM BUT WITH OUR ASSISTANCE YOU MAY GO BACK TO SUPER REC AGAIN!!!!!!!THIS MESSAGE IS FROM COLBERT/NO LIMIT NOW GFM..........WE HAVE RESPECT FOR YALL STEPPING UP TO THE CHALLANGE.. REAL TALK AND HOLLA AT CHA BOYS!!!YALL DO HAVE THE BEST FANS..TELL THEM JB SAID HELLO

I've watched and played the "5" man..it still doesn't stop the u just have to have a great defensive pitcher and Middle infielder

TO JB69.....I'VE HAVE NOTHING BUT RESPECT FOR WHAT THE SPONSORS OF YOUR TEAM HAVE DONE WITH GODFATHER MANAGEMENT. I JUST WANTED TO CLEAR A LITTLE SOMETHING UP FOR YOU THOUGH, IN YOUR MIND YOU SEEM TO THINK THAT THE GRAYSTONE TEAM IS JUST A NEW NAME FOR THE OLD TAYLOR MADE TEAM. WELL LET ME TELL YOU THAT IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BEING TRUE! I PUT THIS TEAM TOGHETHER WITH SOME OF THE BEST TALENT IN OHIO THAT I COULD FIND. OBVIOUSLY A FEW OF THOSE PLAYERS CAME FROM TAYLOR MADES OLD TEAM(4)......THE OTHERS PLAYED BASA REC AND USSSA C AND BELOW. SO WITH THAT BEING SAID.....GRAYSTONE HAS ITS OWN IDENTITY IN THE SOFTBALL WORLD. SECONDLY, I DON'T USE GFM AS A MEASURING STICK FOR THE SUCCESS OF MY TEAM SO WE WILL PLAY WHEN, WHERE AND IN WHAT DIVISIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS I WANT TO PLAY IN. SO IF ITS ABOUT US PLAYING, WE CAN CERTAINLY SET THAT UP ANYTIME AND WE CAN EVEN PLACE SOME FRIENDLY WAGERS ON IT. WE WILL PLAY YOU IN COMPETATIVE, SUPER REC, USSSA A OR B, ISA , WSL OR WHATEVER. LET'S GET OUR SCHEDULES OUT SO YOU WILL HAVE A CHANCE TO SEE SOME OF YOUR OLD FRIENDS FROM TAYLOR MADE.

I HAVE PITCHED IN THE UPPER AND LOWER WITH GRAYSTONE ..... AND I FEEL THAT THERE IS REALLY NOT THAT BIG OF A DIFFERENCE IN THE MIDDLE SHOTS BECAUSE THAT YOU BASICALLY HAVE THE SAME TIME TO REACT TO THE BALL......DONT GET ME WRONG THERE ARE SOME PLAYERS THAT HIT HARDER THAN THE OTHERS..... BUT THE OVERALL MAJORITY IS ABOUT EVEN. THAT IS MY OPINION, BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN THIS YEAR!

That's my point..u have MORE batters that can send "HARDER" up the middle..again u have to be careful, and not on batters

JB69/JC06/GFM..... We don't need your approval everything we done we have earn. This same Graystone/ taylor made team "as you call it" use to destroy your
"Tennessee Stars team"I guess you have put this godfather management team together you forgot where you came from you should be thanking Graystone for putting the godfather management team together because Tenessee Stars used us as a measurement stick Graystone/ Taylor made.... JB69 If you want to hit the middle we going to hit the middle too and we know Knots or the white boy from stucco can't feel the middle. So if you guys want to play we will play you in any rec,super rec and competative... This team was built to play any type of soft ball.... Holla at chu boy and tell Demetrius and the Man i said what up.....

ill never foget where i come from.but if you can remember that didnt have the crutch division(super rec),you either had to play up or down.guess what taylor made did went down.thank god for super rec.if somebody ask me whats the first thing that comes to mind when i hear GRAYSTONE, i would say golf??????ill let you think about it for a min and ill tell you why.holla back

BE CAREFUL I PLAY GOLF.

Graystone or Taylor Made as you call them opted for longevity instead staying in a dying division. But if it makes you feel good to be the king in a 5 or 6 team division so be it.....so let's see, help me understand how your bracket works in your tournaments, you win 1 game and you are in the championship of the winners bracket....sounds like big fun!

I AGREE WITH 2 CENTS, I DON'T SEE A DIFFERENCE IN COMPETIVE AND SUPER -REC, COMPETITIVE GO TO ALL THE BIG TOURNEYS AND CAN WIN IT ALL JUST PLAYING 3 GAMES, YOU JUST DON'T GET YOUR MONEY WORTH. IT'S ALL ABOUT WHAT YOU PLAY SOFTBALL FOR. IF YOU PLAY SOFTBALL FOR COMPETIVENESS, FUN, EXCITEMENT, THEN YOU PLAY REC-SUPER REC.. IF YOU PLAY JUST TO SAY I'M A WORLD CHAMPION IN THE COMPETIVE BRACKET, BOOSTFULNESS, THEN YOU PLAY COMPETITIVE.. I THINK IF GODFATHER PLAY SUPER-REC IT WOULD BE HARD BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL GETTING OLD AND THEY CAN'T PLAY THAT MANY GAMES.. 4-REAL. NOT HATING OR NOTHING BUT MOST OF THOSE GUYS PLAY FOR BOOSTFULNESS AND NOT COMPETIVENESS.. GOING TO TOURNEYS PLAYING 2-3 GAMES AND WINNING IT ALL, WHAT IS THAT.

the reasom i say golf is the"HADICAP"(SUPER REC)and as far as the 5 or 6 teams if the super rec teams, that say they can beat comp teams,would move up then it wouldnt be that way.im really glad that yall found a division,because the last TAYLOR MADE sighting i remember was in TN.after that i dont know what happened.yes i do "graystone".good luck up down there

hopefully we'll get a chance to see that matchup some day.......the old tennesee stars vs. the old taylor made

tennesse stars and taylor made days are over and i agaree with agree. all the comp teams would have a problem playing in a field with 30+ teams in it. i say let them come down for a tourney and lets see how big there bark is

Fan & agree, I'm with you all let's petition the powers at be to let them play down for at least one tourney and see what happens.

i see you all keep saying let us play down but not to quick to say to all the message board kings and good talkers to play up.we will gladly play in either division. as for fan i wont comment to you because you wont have a bat or a glove.but thanks anyway

all the challenges are great, but if the competative drops down into another division you won't have to worry about if the tournament is going to "make" or not when you do get a chance to play basa.

JB69 YOU THE GUYS WHO NEED TEAMS TO PLAY SO IT WOULD ONLY BE FAIR IF YOU DROP DOWN AND PLAY BY SUPER REC RULES. YOU GUYS SAY YOU CAN CUT DOWN AND HIT THE MIDDLE WELL IM SURE ALOT OF SUPER REC TEAMS CAN DO THE SAME SO GO GET PERMISSION FROM THE STAFF AND ASK THEM TO LET ALL OF YOU DROP DOWN. DONT BE SCARED TO LOOSE OUT ON 4 TO 5 BOMBS JUST HIT THE BALL

In my opinion of what should be done is this, either way move super rec up or move competitive down and make the brackets where all the competitve teams play each other first and the winner of that half of the bracket enter into the super rec brackets. As for the loser brackets same way, win out of the competitive loser bracket back into the bigger (super rec) bracket. For example:

Graystone
---------
atl storm
->->->->->->->->->
Black hawks
---------
New image

GFM
----------
Prime time
->->->->->->->->->
Five O
----------
Pace

Air Mac
-----------
Team BBQ
->->->->->->->->->->->
Raiders
-----------
etc.

And also meet half way with home runs with 7

My 2cents

How is that format different from just the comp. teams havind their own tournament if they have to play each other the only way they get to play a super rec team is to play them in the losers bracket

Whats up JB69, this your boy Chris. Holla at me...

Ok, everyone has been talking about this Super Rec and Competitive stuff for awhile and its up to the BASA stuff to do something about it. We should go back to the old days and have only Rec and Comp. CHange the rules around a little and lets play ball. Ive seen some Super Rec teams play who are awesome and could probably beat several Comp. teams and give alot more a run for their money. Ive played against GFM several times and they are a bunch of good guys as well as the few I know on Graystone and noone likes hitting up the middle to hurt anyone but it is apart of the game. If BASA dont want to do away with Super Rec, which I could understand why not, then make it possible for Super Rec. and Competitive to play together at tournaments when the comp. side doesnt have at least 12 teams. I know it does seem easy in the comp. division when you are playing in a tournament with only 5 or 6 teams but trust me, no one on the comp teams go to the tournaments hoping that their isnt more then 5 or 6 teams. We want more but its not with in our control. So alot of good points have been made. Now its up to BASA to make something happen. Good luck to everyone.REc., Super Rec. and Comp.

One question to you Ball or Fall, and please don't take this in a negative way. How is logical for you to even ask the BASA to get rid of a division with 30 to 45 teams in it instead of asking to get rid of the division with only 5 or 6? Just ask yourself really does that make good sense? I do agree with you that they (competitive teams) should be aloud to play in the Super Rec division if there aren't enough comp teams to have there own division much like they do for Super Rec teams by allowing them to play in Rec tourneys. Again, as you stated, valid points have been made on both sides of this Super Rec vs Competitive argument, so the ball in the BASA's court at this point.

2cent, I feel you. Either combine super rec and comp and make it just comp or super rec either one doesnt matter to me. I just feel that they need to bring them both together and stop having these two bit tournaments with only, max, 10 comp. teams in it. Its not worth spending money and time to play in a tournament with only that many teams. So I agree with you about the combining of the two but it wouldnt matter rather you say its Super Rec or Comp, just bring them together.

Agreed.

Just looking at this stuff you people call a reason. Money talks bull.... walks. If they had 3 open tournaments a year, how many teams from each division would enter playing whoever (i.e. one with rec rules, one with super rec rules and one with competitive rules.)However in order to play you play you must play at rec rules first and progress up to super rec and so on. How many wouldn't play bacause of PACE, GODFATHER, etc. It happened in ATL and teams dropped out of the tournament. Bottom line TEAMS WOULDN'T PLAY!!!!!!
P.S. GRAYSTONE, your team was one of the best last year but your team was built because every weekend you all had to play LAKESIDE DETROIT and you got tired of the beatings. ALSO we gave TAYLORMADE hell too.

for once can people quit saying taylor made. tayor made is gone and will never be again, so if you want to talk to the best team coming out of cincy its graystone with team nati and team bring it rounding out the top three, no disrepect to the the other nati teams. allnet which i think if they played in more tourney's will make alot of noise and had a hell of a run in the world and there is rush auto who always plays hard. 69 jeter there is money on the game and if you want to put some up i have investor who will match whatever you want to put up. you name the price

GRAYSTONE, IT'S YA BOY SWERV D, CONGRATS ON THE MOVE-UP, JUST KEEP DOING WHAT CHA BEEN DOING! YOU'LL FIND OUT THAT THE BLOCK WITH ALL THE BARKING IS JUST ANOTHER BLOCK & ALL THEM SO CALL DOGS DON'T BITE!!!

CHUCK, J-ROCK, WHAT UP!

SWERV D
50!

The Report- investors? Yeah right...Come on, this is softball talk not the stock market. Leave the "I want people to think Im someone big" talk at home.

Re: GRAYSTONE MOVES UP! Confused

The problem is 5 or 6 teams in the competive bracket, so their for the champion want play but 3 or maybe four games and be done. This way the bracket doesn't end for the Competitive champion, now each competitive team have the chance to play more than 3 or 4 games in a tournament and be done. However if they are a team that's 2 and a Q, then it doesn't matter if they were playing in a 4 team tournament or a 100 team tournament. Now I do say I'm sure should if you keep the competitive teams with competitive in the loser bracket or let them fall into the super-rec loser bracket where ever the loser of falls .

And maybe it's not a good idea, just a suggestion.