BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"BLACK HISTORY MONTH".....Remember the Past......Open Discussion

...."AAAYYYYY"...What's cracking? Everyone and Teams....It is Feb. '06 Black History Month.....so I'm pretty sure it's some Historians out there......and Let's all give praise 2 the ones who paved the way for US all.....2 Let it do what it Do!!....Now #15 and Home Coming.....Put down some knowledge and give an example on what this post is about......and CHURCH it.......DERRTY#2

Re: "BLACK HISTORY MONTH".....Remember the Past......Open Discussion

......NKO and YD#2....Let it Do What it DO!!PREACH and 2Day you must "stay in the ZONE"

Just would like to take the time to give thanks and appreciation to the ones before us who paved the way and made life changing sacrafices so that were able to live life more abundantly and freely.

This month was founded because of our Black leaders of the past....and I believe that in this day we need some new leaders to rise and deal with the current struggles of our people....In this day it isn't so much of the whites that are oppressing us....more so of our own selves....take time this month and year to do some self modifications...and see where you can improve yourself as a Black American...There are leaders in us all....find it in you and make the change in your everyday life...sets some goals...obtain some goals....do what you always wanted to do...get out of the routine of your everyday being....try life with out negativity...YD#2

YD#2 That was serious! As always you have given us something to think about.

.....well said YD#2....Thanks for the input....keep it coming....."CHURCH"

As you know February is a time for Black history
So sometime this month take a look back just to see
See what our some of our ancestors did
What is was like for them to grow up as kids
Like back in the day when we had to fight for their civil rights
Now a days we fight each other more so than the whites
Back then we use to help on another
Now a days we to busy hating on our sisters and our brothers
Back then in order to survive we had to do what we do
Now a days we will fight someone for stepping on our shoe
Back then it was nothing for us to lend someone a hand
Now a days we as a people are lost and we don’t understand
For example if we see a homeless person we got out of our way to get across the street
Back then we would have helped that man get back on his feet
I guess the world has changed and that was a long time ago
Now is the time for us as a people to stand up and grow! (end)

I would like to give praise to Carter G. Woodson(founder of Black history day and month), Richard R. Wright, WE Dubois, and Brooker T. Washington for paving the way for us....i heard on the radio today that there are a lot of black women that has cemented the roads as well so my many thanks goes out to Rosa Parks, Betty Shabazz, Harriet Tubman and Phyiss Whitley etc...There are so many that have paved the way for us but who and I mean who will paved the way for our kids....If you are under 40 years of age we are known as "Generation X" ....they didn't make this term up to be positive....and guess what we as a people today are doing exactly what they thought our generation would do....Be materialistic,selfish,crabbish.....we would kill our own brother for a million dollars.... wow....I asked a dude last week would he have felicao(blow job) with another man for a million and he stated "If no one knew about it" hell you will know about it......what has the world come to when people don't respect nor love themselves....that mean we are doomed to repeat history 3x over....
The willie Lynch sydrom is still alive and pumping. We must break the cycle.
If we don't invest time and money( not for clothes etc..but education)in our kids why would you expect for them to be something MORE. ther are going to be exactly what you invested in like a house or a car. If they sit in front of the tv all day then that is what you got a lazy coach potato....so don't be upset when they have bad grades and don't want to go to college......Remember behavior is learned and we are their first teachers.....so ask yourself are you failing as a teacher or a parent!!!!!1

HOMECOMING,

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS "AMEN"!!! YOU ARE TRULY BLESSED WITH A GIFT, KEEP DOING YOUR THING BROTHER

Davida #7 (Ga Mixx)/ #4 (WWB)

...nice touch...#15 and Home Coming

I would like to pay homage to all the great black visionaries that came before us, and all that will come after. #15, Man you hit the nail on the head again, keep doing what you do...keeping it real. Tomorrow's kids are the future of our race. We must ensure that we do our part as parents. For without us ther is no future in them.

I will start Black History Month with a couple of visionaries who knew there was something better for African Americans in the game of Softball. The BASA was founded in a basement in St. Louis, it was the brainchild of Lester Knuckles, Arthur Drake amongst others. Today the BASA has grown and continues to grow beyond even their expectations. These men will probably not go down in the anulls of time as making a significant impact on society, but those of us in the know know different. Big ups to the BASA and all they have and will continue to do in the Black Community.

Although they might not go down in history we can create history thru this engine called BASA....by starting viter registrations and different community based drives to support and help others in every city we play ball...I'm just proud that BASA allow me to speak my mind and maybe I can touch one or two people who read this message board for the better....i love to clown but serious issues take precedence over that...i got all year to clown especially on the field! Thanks BASA for being the driving force for Black Softball!!!!!1

Reading this thread, I have noticed 2 very important things in my opinion. 1. People are focused on changing the lives of their children 2."arming" them with the knowledge and drive they need to lead us into the future. Those things are the key. We will always have the issues that our fathers and grandfathers faced, but in a different form. Teaching yours the proper way to deal with it is the most love you can give to your sons and daughters. With that said, I wanna thank all those who fought and struggled before me, to make things safer and better for me. I don't buy into February as Black History Month, we are black and special YEAR ROUND! Every month and everyday of that month is Black History Month for me. It doesn't have to be february for me to give shots and thanx to those that paved a way for me. Just my 2 cents, sorry it is so long!

E West34 you are so right. I promised a good friend of mine that I was going to stay positive and be good for the rest of the day so here you go. NKO check me out I'm trying to be like you....lol

So many gave up so much for the rest of us
It’s time to give back and this is a must
To learn how to correct our future we must reflect on the past
This is the only way that our people can last
Those of you that have made it we are glad for you
Just don’t forget to help the next one too
We have come a long way since shuck’n and jive’n
But don’t think it’s gone away it’s just disguise’n
Racism has not left it just wears a different mask
We as a people have to rise above it to conquer the task
We can no longer go off at the drop of a dime
Let’s slow down and take our time
Take some time and think before you act
Remember using you head is where it’s at
In order for us to reverse all the negative connotations
We must keep going to school to get our education
For to long we have sat back and waited for someone else to take the lead
We need to educate our kids in order for them to succeed
The president claims that no kids will be left behind
Check out our school systems and guess what you’ll find
As a nation our minority children and the ones being left back
I would guess to say that most of them are black
So I encourage you not to just sit there and to get involved
Remember there is no problem that the Lord can not solve (end)

....so true...they would determine the Shortest month...But it's LIFE 2 US...."CHURCH"

Homecoming, you need to start saying some of that to a nice beat! You definitely got some skills. I would go buy it! :-)

AAAYYYYY it might be in the works E West34 you never know what God has planned. I thank you though.

We Should all look back and see where we came from and think about what our Black hero's stood and fought so hard 4 and ask will they be pleased with the way Iam using the Freedom they Died 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!THINK ABOUT IT

YOU KNOW IT'S A SHAME WE ONLY GET 1 MONTH OUT OF A YEAR JUST MY OPINION BLACK HISTORY MONTH IS ERRYMONTH.

Remembering those that paved the way for the rest of us. Hariett Tugman is my favorite. She had a job to do. She was focused, determined, strong, dependable, and self motivated.(sounds like a lot of sisters that I know!!)

The Negro is sort of seventh son, born with a veil, and gifted with second-sight in this american world,__a world which yields him no true self-consciousness, but only lets him see himself through the revelation of the other world. It is a perculiar sensation, this double-consciousness, this sense of always lookin at one's self through the eyes of other, of measuring one'soul by the tape of a world that looks on in amused contempt and pity.

W.E.B. Du Bois

so profoundly eloquent__ Remembering all ma' brothas' and sistas' that fought in the struggle for liberation....

Dr.King
Al Hajj Malik Shabazz
Honorable Louis Farrakhan
Elijah Mohammad
Marcus Garvey
Booker T. Washington
Dr. Cheikh Anta Diop
Aknaton
Niam Arkbar
Kwame Ture(Stockley Carmichael)
Jesse Jackson
Tupac Shakur