BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Just wondering.....Are there any nice looking or well kept Martin Luther King Blvd,streets,etc in yo

Just moved to Alabama and work with a medical respiratory company and have gone to about 3 towns that have a MLK street or Blvd and they are all run down or in low income communities, just wondering are there any out there different.

Re: Just wondering.....Are there any nice looking or well kept Martin Luther King Blvd,streets,etc i

Our MLK has a Bessie Smith Hall, A Bell South Bldg, an Olivet Baptist Church, and a Central City Complex. Yes it is still predominantly black but the barber shops, washateria, several eating establishments etc.are kept up. University of Tenn at Chatt has housing right off from it. And every year the kick off of the Riverbend Festival (seveal nights of great musical entertainment and fun)starts the first night with the Bessie Smith Strutt on MLK where about 70-90 thousand folks gather to have big fun,eat drink and enjoy rhythm and blues.

Re: Just wondering.....Are there any nice looking or well kept Martin Luther King Blvd,streets,etc i

My job sit on MLK street in Tallahassee Fl. now. Back in the days, MLK was a bad area and run down homes, cause half of our clients that see us today use to walk up and down MLK street on drugs. But now MLk street has came a long way, the areas look nice, and they are building new homes around MLK street. MLK street looks much better now

At least you guys have streets named in his honor. That's one thing I always notice when I travel. Most cities have an MLK BLVD in their inner city or predominantly black neighborhood. We don't have one here in KC.

...it's a BATTLE in certain parts...but if not from here....becareful of where you cruise....on MLK....."CHURCH"

Franchise 21 .. It is so funny that you brought this up; a few months ago I was wondering the same.
I was traveling out of state and noticed that the Blvd. named MLK had much to be desired. Here in Detroit, I guess it follows the same pattern, with some parts in need of a face lift while the other is just OK..
The things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Most time though those MLK streets were a thriving part of town. I know in the "A" MLK is located near the AUC were all the student are and it used to be where all the rich black people lived. Well the rich blacks left town and moved to the burbs and MLK took a hit, but now some life is being breathed back into MLK with some help from re-gentrification(whites moving in) we'll see what happens.

they just redone the whole area with housing and everything over here in ill.

In the city of STL the street is called MLK Drive, the minute you are out of the city it is called The Rock Road, and there is a noticable difference. Remembering the King family today.