BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Answer this for me

There are a lot of different topics posted and I wanted to change it up a bit. Why do you think that some people fear giving their life to God? Is it that they think they will miss out on something? Do you think that it's lack of knowledge as far as what some people may percieve as being saved and living a Christian life?

Re: Answer this for me

I don't think it is a fear of giving their life to God. Their life is already Gods. It is a lack of fear, because if they knew what the end was gonna be, they would give their life to God.

That being said, we all have sinned and will continue to sin. But the goal is to be sin free. If anyone of us could have lived to be sin free, there would not have been a need for the cross. See if one could do it, we all could do it. But the Lord knew the trials and tribulations that lie ahead.

Keep in mind that if you see someone sinning, it does not mean that they do not have a seat in the kingdom, but best believe if they are a Christian they will have to answer for it.

So what I am really trying to say is there are those that have given their lives to God, just not completely, but hopefully are working on it.

I think it is mostly fear. People are afraid of things that they dont understand. Not to mention the things they think that they will have to give up. I think it's start when we are little a lot of us grow up in a church and there is nothing there for us to do as young adults so we get bored with church. We come in and we go to sleep. I think churches of today need to embrase the youth and find ways to pull the youth in. Look at what Kurt Frankin did when he came out with Stomp they played it on the radio everywhere and got young people thinking like man they play this in church maybe it aint so bad after all. Russell Simmons started a Hip Hop Church to get people in. My point is this we have to change the way people think about church to get them in after we get them there give them something to do and then let go and let GOD. Just my thoughts.

I have a friend who will not give his life to Christ or become saved. He says that there is no reason to because those saved and those unsaved lead the same life and do the same thing. Daily we try and keep our life free from sin when we are saved. And once we become saved we should be more in the word and the will of God. The bible says, he he knows my will and does it not shall be beaten with many stripes. So I think some people hang out there because they dont want to fall in that category and also because the will be held accountable. Sometimes its just a little or a lot more difficult for people to make that move or that change and indeed when you give your life to Christ you cannot do and say and be the same person you were before. It a gigantic and a life changing step that many take their time to make. Just hope they dont take too long.

Exodus...I agree with you. There are some church's today that are stuck in a rut and don't like to change but we know that's the definiton of insanity...doing the same thing and expecting different results. However, there are some churches that embrace the youth and I commend them for the changes that they have made because it has made a positive impact. Jesus hung out with the lowly people and that's a great example of how we Christians need to be an example and lead others to Christ. Yes, it is important to change your association but I think once you are grounded in the Word, be an example for someone like one of your wordly friends. If they have you to be that example then maybe they'll be willing to give their life.

911 I like what you said... and I would just like to add that I think that anyone that will not give their life to God is one that is without knowledge.

Lack of Knowledge of the many promises that are made by God for his child. Giving your life to God, and saying Yes to his will is saying Yes to life! A truly happy life! A life that involves having the ability to claim things in his name because that is what he promised in his word...

Christians are not perfect and will fall short.. but it is a wonderful thing to know that you are still covered by that convenant that God promises never to break.
Fall down, Get up, ask for forgiveness and live in accordance to his word.

Those that don't give their life should fear dying without knowing what it is truly like to LIVE!

FEAR IS AN UNDERSTATMENT WHEN IT COMES TO THE MAN THAT GAVE HIS LIFE SO THAT YOU CAN HAVE ONE.MOST PEOPLE DON'T HAVE FAITH IN BELIEVING THAT GOD WILL MAKE A WAY OUT OF NO WAY.WHY WOULD YOU FEAR DIEING? IF YOU LIVE YOU MUST DIE SO I SUGGEST THAT YOU GET YOUR LIFE IN ORDER AND FEARING THE DAY THAT GOD CALLS YOU HOME WILL NO LONGER BE FEARED.IF YOU KNOW THAT THE LIFE THAT YOU HAVE LIVED WAS OF THE MASTER THEN LEAVING THIS OLD SINFUL WORLD WOULD BE LIKE WALKING IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN.

I agree with what everyone has said. I would like to add that it is a fear of the unknown. Many people forget that they will be babes in Christ, and only need to take baby steps, you are not going to stop driking, cussing, and be sin free overnight, it is a process, but when are covered by the Blood you have the reasurrance that you can go to Him in prayer and ask for forgiveness. We have to remember that no one is perfect, and only one perfect Man ever walked this earth to serve as the perfect example.

I think that it is a lack of knowledge and a little fear. Some people have the notion that to be a christian they have to be self righteous and judgmental and that they have to change everything about themselves(that the world considers bad). This misconception is often encouraged by some churchs, so it causes people to think that they can not live up to that and because of that there is no reason to give their lives to Christ until they feel they might be able to live up to the label of christian. Come as you are to the Lord is not understood by most. If everyone knew that it meant come to him just as you are (your heart, soul, and everything else you have) and let him change what needs to be changed I think more people would be willing to let go and let God..

I agree with Exodus # 4 as well as Playmaker #11. I think people fear of giving their life to God because they don’t want to give up old habits they still want to straddle the fence especially young adult’s-because I am one and many of my friends are struggling too
(YOU HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO DICIPLINE YOURSELF WITH SEPARATING SELF FROM THE WORLD) meaning changing the company you keep and places you go. It’s a growing process and not a change that happens over-night. Commenting on what (911) mention in his statement as far as the purpose for the cross. I think a lot of people are confused with thinking ok I’ve done wrong so let me repent “Lord forgive me” and they think they are going to heaven just because they have said these words. When in actuality they go out and do the same thing over and over again. We tend to want to continue doing OUR thang and do a little of His will and not trusting Him to change us. HIS way is the only way that will lead us to eternal life in heaven. We need to take advantage of what Jesus did for us on the cross. When repenting we have to be sincere with our hearts really wanting to be delivered from what ever sins we are struggling with. By Jesus doing what he did allows us to have that opportunity to get it right each day God blesses us to see. And may I add we have to get rooted in the word and a bible base church so that we can learn and meditate on His word daily. The word is the only thing that can save us and many of us don’t take the time to invest in materials such a good study bible, videos, CD’s or inspirational books that can help us grow spiritually. It takes faith and trusting Him ALL THE TIME NOT SOMETIMES! You have to make positive changes in your life-no changes=no growth. We need the word in order to fight satan and all his tricks…………………………..

I think people don't realize that they can be in the world, but not of the world. I am some of us play on teams with people that are not saved, but is that wrong, no because those are perfect witnessing opportutnies. SOme of our sponsors are taverns and clubs, but people see that we can go to these places and still have a nice time after our games, and not do anything we are embarrased of, or that we would regret the next day.

Of course it's not wrong to be on a team with people who aren't saved, shewd...it's not much different from being on a team where people are saved, from my experience anyway. You're right Ms. Dat, it is the perfect witnessing opportunity. However, your other comments have brought up another question and that is are you saying that as a Christian it is okay to go to the clubs as long as you don't do anything embarrassing?

no, I am not saying to make a practice of it, but I am saying there are times when we do find ourselves at these places, and while there we know how to carry ourselves.

Hmmmmmm....now why would we find ourselves in places like the club? Girrrrrl........ I feel like that's straddling the fence. I'm not judging anyone but since I've been there and done that I know that it is straddling the fence. Going to the club on Saturday night then getting up going to church Sunday morning. Isn't that hypocritical, even though the clubs are full of church folks. Christians should be living witnesses and we are to live by example. The first thing out of people's mouth is "she/he ain't saved cuz I saw her in the club last night", regardless of whatever you were or were not doing, but the fact that you were there is questionable. That is something that I have battled with for a while because though I love to I know that being in the club isn't right yet I find myself trying to justify going and I usually feel horrible afterwards. My mama use to always say "What if Jesus comes back while you're in the club?" LOL! Funny, but that's the thing that keeps me out of them now.Then my pastor said something that really made me think, "There ain't nothing wrong with dancing but it depends on who your partner is", I learned to change partners.

u-go-Playmaker #11 I totally agree w/u . We got to be living examples. Cause many of us don't seek wisdom from the bible so many of our lives will be the only BIBLE some people see. My grandma always said to me when I was young you only can serve one! And I didn't quite understand her then but now I GOT IT! People don't realize that HELL is a real place-and like the bible tells us--the wages of sin is death. All I have to say is everyone will have to answer for themselves according to their works so I will be doing my part by doing his will, forgiving others when it is hard, witnessing to others, giving a 100% with following his commandments, giving testimonies of what he has done for me, (cause the samething he has brought me out of he can do it for someone else)so until death comes for me I will continue pleasing Him cause at some point in life you should get tired of letting satan make a fool out of you sowing bad seeds that you will reap-. Because I don't want to hear Him-(God) say to me "SERVANT DEPART FROM ME FOR I DO NOT KNOW YOU"!
Stay Bless

For me, b4 I joined my CHURCH,I didn't have the faith/belief that a "POWER" greater than myself could restore me to sanity,I relied on "self will"..

I was brought up in "CHURCH" but didnt understand or take the time out to read and study the Bible,so as a teenager/adult I got out of "CHURCH" and ran with the "in crowd" and put Christ/Religion on the back burner.

Thru experiencing life on lifes terms I found myself in some dangerous and challenging situations and today I know "GOD"is the ONLY reason I'm here today..So I started seeking knowledge and understanding of God,the Bible and Religion..Gaining a better understanding,I rededicated myself to Christ a lil over a yr ago and today I have faith and believe that it's ok to live a Christian life style.

I do struggle with life at times today,but it's like this..I can call on "GOD" and he answers prayers in "his time",not mine..I used to feel like I was missing out on something when I was "out there"...afraid to give up the clubs,women,alcohol,drugs,etc..but almost lost my life several times..I'm rambling now..lol

What do you want when you die? "SMOKING or NON SMOKING"The choice is simple for me

D12...I'm glad that you learned to trust God and stop relying on yourself. Also I am pleased to hear that you rededicated your life. When you are saved and living for the Lord life will continue and you will still encounter trying times but isn't it good to know that troubles don't last always and you're cover under the blood of Jesus.

I understand exactly what you are talking about D12, it's like when you finally get it you understand that it's not about you it's all about God. Life begin to feel so peaceful to you knowing that he has your back (All The Time) especially when you are putting an effort into doing His will and learning His word. He wants to get to know us-and he wants to help us! When I dedicated my life to God I approach people and situation soooooooo differently. I knew that God had changed me and (me) didn't change me (LOL) You begin to realize that he has all power and he is the only one that can change you or any circumstances! It's all about having faith and trusting Him.

Hey PM#11,U wanna hit today?

Yep! I get off at 4.

u got my number..I will be ready.. same place,say 4:30

Hey I can hit today also. I'm getting off at 12!!

Ur uhmmm......can we please get back to the topic at hand. I'm not trying to be rude but.... Thanks

4:30 sounds good butterah..... Ne play the West at the Centraplex @ 7:00 and we're going to the game.

My bad Security....thanks for getting us back on track....but where's your input? Got any?

I already posted my input.

I C....

Sorry security. #11 i sent u an email on that. Gotta get to the b-ball game!!!