BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
did y'all know Jamie Foxx had a special on NBC coming on this week?

NBC is not doing any marketing & publicity on Jamie's Music Special on NBC because he stood his ground and wouldn't have any white guest as they requested. To make it even worse he had two controversial guest stars, that do not fit the "NBC profile" on his show. Tune in to find out who they are. They are purposely putting his show up against the second week of American Idol in hopes that it will fail. This will give them the excuse to never give another black person a music special because "it doesn't work". Let's show them that it does work, and that we support each other. Tivo Idol, and watch Jamie. I saw the taping, it is a good show.

J Foxx making history on NBC. This is the first time NBC has ever aired an entire young urban African American cast on a music special. We need to show support. This was not an easy sell for Jamie and he stood his ground to make it happen the way he saw fit.
JAMIE FOXX MUSIC SPECIAL WILL BROADCAST WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 25TH @ 7:00PM Central time on NBC. PLEASE MAKE IT A POINT WATCH! There will be surprise special guests.

Re: did y'all know Jamie Foxx had a special on NBC coming on this week?

I will be watching.

Thanks for the info. I will pass it along.

I should let y'all know I am not the one who saw the taping, somebody e-mailed that info to me, but I did check and there is a show on Wed night Jamie Foxx:Unpredictable

I have been hearing about it all day on the radio. The radio host brought up the question is this a form of racism. Do they ever tell any other entertainer that they need to bring some other artist with them. Also I'm not sure if Ms. Dat mentioned this or not but this show was originally suppose to air on friday not wed.

Straight from NBC.COM - Jamie Foxx Special airs 9/8c Wednesday, January 25th.

He wowed audiences with his Academy Award winning portrayal of Ray Charles in the biopic "Ray." Now, Jamie Foxx takes center stage at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles. This special hour will take viewers on an emotional and powerful journey from Jamie’s childhood to stardom through music, vignettes and with the help of special guests including Stevie Wonder, Snoop Dogg and Mary J. Blige.

In addition to closing 2005 with the release of his debut album, UNPREDICTABLE, Foxx recently received a Grammy nomination in the Best Male R&B Vocal Performance category for his performance of "Creepin’" from the J Records’ release So Amazing: An All-Star Tribute to Luther Vandross. That was just one of Foxx’s recent unprecedented accomplishments. In addition to winning the 2005 Oscar Academy Award as Best Actor for his career-defining performance in Ray, he was nominated in the Best Supporting Actor category for his part in Collateral, making him just the second male actor with nominations for two different films in the same year. Those roles, in conjunction with his acclaimed turn in the FX Networks’ Redemption, led to him being the first person ever nominated for three acting awards at the Golden Globes and four SAG awards in one year.

A classically trained pianist who was raised in the church, Foxx studied at San Diego Performing Arts College before moving into comedy on television and in film.

**** American Idol, I will be watching Jamie!!!

BASA you need to sticky this. We all need to tune in to Jamie and skip anything else. Be reminded though our households are NOT the ones that get canvassed on what shows we watch, our households do not have the neilsen boxes that capture what folks are tuned into. If necessary each and everyone of us who reads this board should make it a point to send one e-mail, one letter or make one phone call to NBC to show our support for this program. Come on BASA folks get off the can and do it. We read this board, we communicate with each other, we give each other advice, guys do the bonding thing, etc. etc. etc. Lets make our words and our voices count.

Dont forget it comes on tonight!!1

Thx Ms. Dat, I will be watching it also. The American Idol runs more episodes, it wnat hurt to miss one.

I just finished watching the special, and it was off da hook! Me and my family were in our living room dancing in front of the tv. They are showing it again on Friday at the same time. I don't see why they were concerned about him putting white artists on the show, the audience didn't seem to care, and there were plenty of non-black folks in the audience....

yes yes that brother know he can sing. I give him mad props.

Good lookin out Ms. Dat with the heads up with this show. Shame on NBC for trying to do Jamie Foxx dirty like that, and props to Jamie Foxx for standing his ground and not "dancing" to make massa happy!! The more Mr. Foxx does the more impressed I have become by him....he is truly doing the d**n thang!! and much better to watch than the mass buffoonery of American Idol.

Kev
Chocodiles

Mad Love for Jamie Foxx. The brother can flat out sing, act, and is very funny! Mutli talented and his album is off the hook! The show was very good and I hope he had many many viewers. Its not right to tell him who he can have own his show and I commend him for standing his ground on that issue!

Jamie Foxx has mad skills. I really enjoyed the show and hope the support was out of the roof for him. NBC should be a shamed and I am glad that Jamie stood his ground.