BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What do you think about this?

Last night I saw Antonio Davis of the New York Knicks get ejected for going to the aid of his wife who was sitting in the stands. Some drunk guy was giving her a hard time. AD not thinking rushed to the stands to defend her no punches were thrown but because of the zero tolerance rule the NBA has he was ejected. What do you think about that? Now what if there were some punches thrown would he deserve to be suspended for a year like Artest? Me personal I think they need to get rid of the zero tolerance rule and take it case by case. When someone is threating your family like that the rules are off. You cant blame that man for going into the stands but hey thats me. What do you guys think. Ladies this is for you too. Even if you dont follow basketball what would you want your man to do? Holla back

Re: What do you think about this?

I just read the article and I agree with you on throwing out the zero tolerance rule and handle it case by case. If he hadn't responded the way that he did his wife may have been mad, I don't know since I'm not her just speculating. However, if it had been me, I would have had an issue with him if he didn't come to defend me. No job is worth putting your family off for regardless of profession.

I commend him. He should more restraint than I would have.

I take a different stance on this one. This policy should stay in place. No reason for players to rush the stands, not even in defense of family…..call security. 1) aren't there box seats where she and other family members can sit. 2) Being a member of the players family comes with some risk at a game, fans are fans and they cheer and boo. 3) She could have got up and left! You should expect some jeering, how does Davis even see what's going on in the stands? If she doesn't have thick skin tell mama to watch the game at home.

dm18 no there are not box seats. the family sit with regular folks unleess they are in a sky box. somethings are expected but he had to feel his wife was in some type of danger and you will wait for security to defend your wife. can you say divorce i will take half. screw the nba thats your wife. job is not important at that point. i will get another one. i would have gave him a multi million dollar a$$ whipping.

I know that is what a woman would want there man to do but you have rules and if your woman can't handle themselves then they need to stay home because there are security in place for things like this....he should get suspended for going to te stands because any any and every thing could have happen but it didn't. you can't be in every place your spouse is and should not even look for her husband to help because hackling is in every sport!!!!!1

Maybe I need to clarify this a little more. From what I heard and I'm not sure but there was some type of physical altercation between the fan and the wife. It was more than just heckling. Even still are you saying he is suppose to sit there and watch his wife be heckled by some drunk guy, and wait for security to come. As a man his instincts should kick in and want to go check on his woman and maybe I should mention his teenage son was there also.

Here we go again. If Antonio Davis would not have went into the stands then certain people would be saying that he is not a man at all for not defending his wife. But because he went into the stands then it turns on the wife saying she should not be at the games if she can not handle it.

Here is a question for everybody: At what point does a fan become dangerous? Some fans are already ignorant and then you add beer or liquor to the situation then it becomes an ignorant fan who thinks he can beat anyones a**. I support Artest last season for doing what he did, if a fan is man enough or woman enough to throw something on a player or come on the court/field then he deserves everything that happens.

EX, my point is this. Something out of line was probably said to the wife and the wife responded and it escalated. All that could have been prevented by the wife simply staying home! She was probably trying to make sure he wasn't leaving with a NBA groupie or something. Rarely do players wives attend games because of instances like this. Now he's gonna miss a couple of game checks; to "protect" his wife, not that it gonna hurt but stil

dm18 quite please. i know you are just kidding right

DM18 I'm not sure if you know this or not but the Davis'es are from Chicago and they were here visiting. Would you not allow your wife and child to come to a softball game? Look at the game between Derrty and Storm at the worlds I was sitting in the stands and I heard a lot of trash talking in the stands and on the field. Point is the fan should have left that woman alone. Say what you want about the player but when you put your hands on someone all bets are off. Especially if my son is there oh heck naw.

First, I respect AD for going into the stands to check on the safety of his family. I, for one would do the same in a heart beat. I would have to eat that fine or suspension. Second, In his situation I would not have my family in any place that I can not give them any kind of protection. They would have one of my boys with them or a PPA. (Personal Protection Agent) at all times. There are some evil people in this world trying to make a name for themselves at any cost. My family would not be an easy target.

I believe the rule should stay in place, but on a case by case basis. If my significant other wanted to attend a sporting event that I was participating in she should be able to do so without someone be beligerent to her. If this happened to me I would do the exact same thing AD did. DM, it sounds to me like you would'nt have a problem with someone messing with your family or significant other. I can guarantee one thing...you will come to their aid if they needed you. A suspension in my opinion would be too harsh of a penalty in this case. Fine him and let that be it.

Ex. He is on his job...what do you want him to do....thats what sercuity is paid for...he should be suspended for going into the crowd...just like when you leave the bench to help your fellow teammate in a fight...instincts don't always nmean you are right....what if her husband wasn't there....what would she do then?????1

#15 your response is just what i expected from you. all talk

Well 15 I can only speak for me and no job worth sitting their waiting for security while my girl/wife what ever and my child is being harrased phy and mentally by some drunk guy. Let me ask you this. Have you ever been to a game where a fan next to you was real drunk and security never noticed it? Maybe security was not watching what was going on until AD went into the stands. With that said you expect this man to watch it while it happens and wait for security.

on a more serious note....police office in New Orleans got fired from their job because they left their job (AD did)and went home to support and protect their families from a major natural diaster....but we get on here and talk about AD please...he has a job playing basketball...he does not play for Chicago...so he knows this will happen....everytime some one diagree with a spouse do we run to their rescue....hopefully you will get a STRONG enough spouse to handle the situation on her own. I don't fault him but rules are in place for a reason and if you fight someone in front of your child what is that saying to your child?????1 think people

#15 i guess if someone poses a potential danger to your lady at a softball tournament you are going to wait for the police because that is what they are in place for. but you probably would

15 let me ask you this. If a cross was buring in your front yard and the clan was outside your house and you at work would you stay there and do your job or would you go home. I dont know about you but my family is worth more than any job. I was looking for a job when I got the one I have now so it wont be a thing to find another. Jobs come and go but family is forever. As far as fighting in front of my kids I would let them know sometime you have to fight for your family.

first off there is no rule in place that I leave my current job to go home and take care of that situation and secondly police are not at softball games what.... see Ex I know who you are but it really offend me that this so call person what make stupid ass comments.....okay back to you Ex. all I'm trying to say is if your job states that if you leave your job to do what ever...without permission you'll be fired and the situation could have been handle by sercuity then you should be fired. there is no situation you can put me in like AD...we are talking about him not me....he was wrong... I didn't thing Artest was wrong but look at what he has....I deal with stron women...and all I'm thinking about right is my baby saying to me on the NBA floor "baby stay ther I GOT THIS"!!!!!1 What don't respond to me Coward and expect that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

Bad analogies people. Dude is a NBA player and a vet at that he know how away crowds are no fans "should" not be belligerent to one another but they did pay and couldn't she have gone and got a n usher. See that's what the other people do when standing or doing anything from preventing them from enjoying the game. No our wives got to fight and with the children present! Note to Mrs. Davis: you are RICH is somebody heckling you worth it?????

Your on point DM....We always hold rich people at a higher standard and why...If you wher sitting beside her and a drunk continue to harass you and your family what would you do hit him.....oh you are going to jail and then when you get out on bond then you wife can bath and kiss you for being so masculine.....but in 3 months and court comes around 1000 on a lawyer, 1000 fine, not attending another basketball game priceless. It's always a bigger picture...not to mention when your son get kick out of school for fighting because someone was talking smack....don't get upset just get the GED option ready because you show him how to take matters into his own hands......It took me along time to learn this lesson but that is what GROWING UP IS ABOUT!!!!!1

Women.....can handle more then you know because if they suppose to be these strong phenomenal women then let them handle the situation because sometimes men escalate things...they was only minor problems!!!!1

So you mean to tell me that you would let some drunk man put his hands on your spouse. What it that was your daughter. It's not about fighting come on now. I have seen guys go to bat for a team mate and be justified, so why dont that same rule apply when it's your family, and as far as you knowing who I am. That doesn't bother me a lot of people know me but they realy dont know me. I know if your were out on the dirt and someone attacked one of your team mates for no reason I dont think you just gone sit back and watch.

We dont know what happened with this fan and his wife, what provoked the incident or what was said, by the fan or her, now granted I did notice a little boy next to her and if that is their son, and some unruly fan got out of control, than yes in the stands he should be, but if it was all about a drunk talking crazy, than as a NBA wife she should be use to that type of behavior from opposing fans, she also has to remember that eventhough she is back at the crib, being from Chi-Town, he is on the other team now too. But with saying that, every man, should defend his family without fear of persecution.....

She probaly said something too Him, and got caught up in words,....if you all know WHAT I mean....it's always 2 sides 2 a story,and for the record,I think he did what he had 2 do, and he probaly got home and said ...and just watch the game at home...

see you are not listening...I'm not saying that it wasn't wrong or right but you have to look at the bigger picture...yes i would go to the aid of my teammates and definitely my family but sometimes emotions get people hurt and killed....what if the woman started the whole thing then is he right for running into the stand....what if his wife spit on the man...then what would your argument be the same....basketball playas marry disrespectful people just like ordinary people! I don't know what happen but he sholud be fine because that could have escalated into something big....Don't forget Jackson,and the rest of the Pacers went into the stand to help a teammate! Policeman in New Orleans left their post to help their families....they were fired!!!!!1
Question if you play football in the NFL and someone heckle your family how are you getting into the stands to protect them.....theres no way...guess what your wife will call SERCUITY!!!!!1
ex. I was saying I know to say the respect for conversation is there not to imply anything else...calm down and read the post clearly!!!!!1

Ok, I see you 15 my bad. After re-readinf your post I see that you were talking to someone else. You do have a point is saying what is she started but I would hope that he has a woman that would not start any mess like that. I respect your views so we can leave it alone. There was no disrespect intended towards you.

I do not care what she did. Its a women, how much harm can she do to a man. If he confronts her I am all in the stands. WOOPING HIS A$$ !!!!!!!!!!!!! Then I will be in jail and sued.

You 2 need 2 and roll one,and

....Everybody is not going for BullSh!T,and he probaly had a little extra to drink and said some **** like.... your man,with his bum ...and reply was N@#&a ...my man AD will kick your ASS, and he replied.... PLEASE....and from there....well...we're having a talk about it now...and It happens on the circuit ALL the time....don't act like you ALL have not heard spouses take up for spouses and the wrong **** was said.....I'm through, anybody want 2 hit this "CHURCH"

oh for sho....no disrespect intended....I only disrespect people who disrespect me and you have never ever done that.....I just don't like when people say things thats totally off the subject and then hide behind an anonymous name....Latay sometimes people cause problems because they are mentally sick ...how can you come to the rescue of any female when they spit in somebody face....what if it was your face....then AD came into the stand immediately you will start fighting this is a big dude...and what if the hecklers kids is in the stands as well..does he take up for his family because he fell threaten that a 7 ft guy comes into the stand to do whatever...i know I would be on the offense quick!!!!!1

I reall needed that hit .....was losing my composure for a moment but I'm big Prez... I apologize for my inapropiateness..... pass...Im out!!!!!1

I am just tripping 15. I would have had security go there to handle that. Each pro team has there on security. It is a guy by the bench that he could have sent into the stands to handle this issue.