BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for Detroit Finest

What do you know about this kid Digz. I have to see him play, is he good as pound for pound best super rec player swerve D and my main man steady ready Ed.

Re: Looking for Detroit Finest

Sports Reporter, I saw Digz play in a tournament this fall in Novi and he IS good. The middle infield of that team with he and Ed was superb!

Yes, pound for pound, Digz may be the best middle infielder on the black circuit all around because he bats left-handed and can hit the ball all over the field as well as for power and has a nuclear cannon for an arm. Just my opinion from playing with him since high school.

Oh yeah, don't think I'm taking anything away from my dawg monster, because he is also one of the top elite middle infielders so just imagine Monster and Digz. Batters will be flting out all day trying not to hit the ball to one of them....

You've got to be fisting me! The best on the circuit? Which of you 's made a statement like this!!!! Maybe at Jayne Field or Palmer Park, hold on, I these 's away from those parks!!!!! Pound 4 Pound , you must have ed something real good!!

FOREVER LIVE THE OF DETROIT!!!!!

I CAN'T HEAR YOU B/C THESE RINGS ARE COMING OUT OF MY EARS

Terence W. McDaniel/Pace Electronics/TPS #3

WINNER'S COMPETE!!!

OOOH WE, "MAC" GIVE'EM SOME MORE!

T.Mac you are crazy. BASA should do a profile on you. I can always look to you to tell like it is. Although Ed is the real deal.

DEAR DRUNK & T-MAC PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR DEFINITION OF "THE REAL DEAL" OR "THE TRUTH" WHAT MUST ONE OBTAIN TO BE MENTION IN THE SAME SENTENCE WITH THESE GUYS. LET ME RE-DO MY DICTIONARY!

My bad T-Mac. I wasn't detailed enough with my statment. I meant to say on the super-rec level and all around game. WE all know you hold the crown in the city(for now!), I didn't mean any disrespect. Forgive me playa....And no, those guys don't have any rings yet, but soon they will be flowing in just like they do for you. ...

PLEASE #21 STOP ITTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HOPE THEY GIVE RINGS FOR WINNING PALMER,JAYNE AND BELLE ISLE THATS THE ONLY WAY THE RINGS WILL FLOW FO THEM!!

no. you stop the hating pimp! expose your game and let us know how many rings you have and what you've accomplished. these brothers are the best group of young talent representing Detroit on the super-rec level hands down. find some young brothers out of the city that are better than the clean-up crew! REPRESENT MY DAWGS!

Mac,

Don't be so mean. But I do understand that the truth is the gospel!!!!

Detroit my have some very good ball players, but let us not forget that this is a team sport. Your success is not measured on an individual basis. Great players help to elevate the game of teammates, this leads to great teams and consequently teams championships.

With the selfishness of some Detroit players, there will not be any championships headed to the Motor City for a long time. Just one man's opinion!!!!

By the way, who's monster? What's up Swerv D???

Ron Johnson

RJ, WHAT UP BABY, CALL ME I NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOU AGAIN!

What's up R.J.? Monster is ED GREGORY #6, shortstop for the MAVERICK'S, u know!

RJ MAN U SAID SOMETHING RITE THERE!

#21 WHY NOT JR. PLAYIN WITH YOU GUYS? PROBABLY HE KNOWS THESE GROUP WILL NEVER WIN.JUST HEARD THE ROSTER FOR THE MAVS LAST NIGHT I DONT NO WETHER TO CRY OR WHAT. HOPE YOU WILL GET TO PLAY BECAUSE WIT MONSTER RUNNING THE TEAM YOU NOT GOING TO SEE THE FIELD!!! OH YA DONT THINK YOU GOT DIGGZ. AND ANOTHER THING ERV BETTER GET OUT THE GARBAGE BAG AND START RUNNIN

whoa, whoa playa! ed ain't runnin' this team, the team is pimp! as far as me seeing the field, I'm gonna get mine and u couldn't possibly no what the Maverick's roster is becuase the they don't know themselve's. stop diggin' 4 answers comin' up with gossip news, the truth will come to light soon 4 all u columnists. until then, keep the hatin' up. HOLLA!

NICE PUNCH LINE! BUT "I'M OUT THE GARBAGE" & IT'S BACK TO BUSINESS. & I KNOW IT FEELS GOOD TO FINALLY GET SAY SOMETHING ABOUT HIM THAT YOU CAN ENJOY! INSTEAD OF BEING FORCE TO SWOLLOW HIM BECAUSE HIS ACCOMPLISHMENTS. NOW "JUNE", THE BOTTOM LINE IS, HE CHOSE TO GO IN ANOTHER DIRECTION, & " WE AIN'T MAD". WE HAVE STATED OUR POSTION WITH HIM, & WE WISH HIM WELL, HE'S STILL OUR BROTHER! NOW, I HAVE A JOKE FOR YOU, (NAME 5 PEOPLE ON YOUR CURRENT 2006 ROSTER)
YALL GET READY FOR 5 SHO NOUGH MINUTES OF HUMOR OR SOME EXCUSES ON WHY THIS CAN'T HAPPEN!

To all the Digz fan I would like to thank you for all the hipe.To let you know its all good and I won,t talk down on anyone because thats not me.It,s not my fault
that I work hard u should try it some times.I,m just look foward to bringing the best out of my boys.
1.Moster
2.swerv
3.dog
4.delton
5.Gee
6.June Bug
7.sam
8.bob
9.rob allen
10.lenny
11.chris yates
12.migal

and thats that. [:)s

Congats Digz! I've seen you play and been impressed and NO offense T-MAC but you are getting a little older along with the rest of us and the youngin's are up and coming and DIGZ is definitely knocking on your door. Also, you have to admit you earned yours after Darwin and Donnie S. Truth be told they still have their moments to shine once in awhile due to their love of the game and they are not out here putting anyone of you youngs guys down for your accomplishments in your time. They both have moments (age allowing) to show what they have had to teach the rest of us and some of us still won't listen!!!!

As I've sat back and read the threads regarding this post I thought it was time to add my personal insight.

Having played this softball game since 1985, I've been around long enough to have played against or with not only the best players in Michigan, but the best in the nation as well.

When you talk about Detroit's finest at the ss position. Darwin Dillard, TMac, and Donnie Sheffield. I list them in no particular order. They have certainly been three of the best on any circuit, along with Chuck Maioriana, and more recently Don D. Jr. They've proven themselves at the highest levels year after year. Their careers speaks for itself.

I've not really had the opportunity to play with Ed or Digz, to develop a true opinion of them as players. There's no question that they both have great ability and potential. But keep in mind that greatness is established over a career along with your team success. I wish both of them all the success they desire in this game!!

Until the young guns and softball players of today step-up and play at the highest levels and play the best of the best on any circuit. They will certainly not get the respect they desire or seek.

In this case, respect is earned through your actions and accomplishments on the field. All of their resumes are second to none. Three are in Michigan Hall of Fame and Chuckie is in the National Hall. The other two will be Hall of Famers as well. Now do you get my point.

Here's to a great season 2006 for all of my Detroit Players!!!

RJ COME HAVE SOME LI BATIONS, WITH NICK "GIN & JUICE" JAMES & YO BOY "50". CALL ME WHEN YOU GET A MINUTE.

RJ Your personal thoughts are very well taken and very accurate. You are absolutely correct when you indicate that respect is earned. And I congratulate you on your semi-retirement and love the way you conduct yourself both on and off the field. You have always been respectful of everyone and their opinions.

I wasn't trying to take anything from T-Mac or what he has accomplished, I just would he rather be a positive influence on the young guys and encourage them rather than try to tear them down with regards to what they "haven't done yet". If we veterans would encourage with positive energy, such as your own, then maybe we wouldn't have all the discord amongst ourselves right here in the "D" and could bring back some more rings. We need to lead by example and not try to downplay what the youngin's are trying to do.

We need to encourage and nurture their talent and help them to accomplish some of what you and the others have already done. (6-7 rings etc.)

Now on the other hand if they think they KNOW IT ALL and won't listen, then that's on them!!! And as you said it will be along time coming before the "D" sees any NEW rings!!!

YOU SHOULD PUT YOUR NAME ON BOARD WHEN YOU POST A MESSAGE PLEASE

WHY, DO RATS ANNOUCE WHEN THERE HEADED FOR YOUR CHEESE! NOPE! SO DON'T EXPECT ANY DIFFERENT! "CAT"

Softball Fan,

I agree with you completely! It's our responsibility to give back to the game that we've taken so much from. We should be sharing our knowledge and experience with the up and coming players from the "D" because that's who we were once upon a time.

One of my strong desires is to put together a very competitive team from the Detroit area, but that's a very difficult task without serious sponsorship in today's game. So for now I sit back and observe what happens on the circuit.

Please forgive Mac, he forget's his medication from time to time.

Mac will talk mucho trash, but he's certainly willing to help and share his knowledge as well.

YO FREAK DADDY ARE GOING TO COME OUT TONITE BENARD HOUSE, YES HIS MOMMA WILL BE THERE COOK FOR THE MEN

Shawn,I have no problem in posting my name. MELISSA.

RJ, Thanks for your thoughts and support. You know that I know TMAC and I also know what he and the PACE team have accomplished and will always support them. I just hope that all of them can help some of these up and coming players and I hope the youngin's will listen because they have much to share, even if they are "OLD" as they keep being told. People forget they were once young and as Willie Brown so aptly pointed out, it was a different game back then and they still accomplished all that they did.

I love this game, I love the folks on the circuit that I call my friends and I have great respect for those that work to take their games to the next level.

I also enjoy the trash talking to some extent, I just dont want any of us to lose our focus, we have tooooooo much talent in this city not to be bringing home at least one ring every season, but we need to help build the talent pool with some fresh blood.

Hey R J call me this is Megal 586-531-2203

I'll give you a call today!