BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Original Miken Freak or Freak Plus?

I'm looking to get one of these. Can anyone tell me which of these is the best? I've used the original Freak and liked it allot but never tried the Freak Plus.

Re: Original Miken Freak or Freak Plus?

What's up man ! Being a big fan of Miken I can tell you that the best bat to swing would be that MEGA MANIAC 585. it's hotter then either the freak or the plus. I'll put my whole bat bag on that.

Who makes that bat (Mega Maniac)?

Miken put that bat out the end of last yr,

The Freak Plus is hot as a firecracker though! Although, if u have a Freak that is broke in, WOW.

a Freak + a Freak = SHAVED

I'm just lookin for a hot bat to use in tourneys as well as leagues. I just didn't know if the Freak plus was allowed in leagues or not. I know fa sho the Freak is (cuz I can actually hit some out with that)

THe Miken freak plus cant be used in leagues here in Tennessee so you may want to check it out. But its true, once the freak is broken in, it is hot as heck. Ive played in several tournaments were they checked my bat because they thought it was shaved. I have a new Miken Freak 98, brand new. Does anyone know anything about this bat?

I know alittle about each bat on the miken bat line, and that's only because I played with alot of miken teams on the ASA/ISA/USSA Tour. The 98 has got to be one of the weakest bat miken put out, it's what we call and in between bat. Meaning that bat companies need to fill a void in the market while their main product goes through testing so they will realease a filler and that's all that 98 is, I use mine for BP on cold days, but if your league is ASA then you might want to get the MANIAC 484 it replaced the freak with a little bigger sweet spot. The PLUS and the MaNiac 585 are anly certified for USSA. Check this out if your going to be at the draft game I'll have some bat's with me. Holla back with your email

Muddy

TONY C THIS YOUR BOY MADE U LOOK TO ME THE BAT IS THE FREAK.TO ME THAT THE BEST BAT TO GO LONG OR HIT THE BALL HARD.AND YOU KNOW HOW I HIT WITH THE FREAK.GOING TO SHOCK THE WORLD.MADE U LOOK #32.XXX

TONY C MADE U LOOK #32 REAGAN. WE PLAY THE JELLY BOYS MONDAY NIGHT AT 7:30 AT JAMESTOWN. THEY BEAT US LAST WEEK BY TAKING 7 WALKS BOTTOM OF THE 7. THEY BEAT US BY ONE. THIS IS THE PLAYOFF. EVERYBODY GOING TO BE THERE. TONY YOU KNOW I GOT THE HOTTEST FREAK. AND IT'S NOT SHAVE. GOING TO SHOCK THE WORLD. XXX

I KNOW WERE ON THE TOPIC OF MIKENS BUT THAT DAM MAYHEM IS HOT AS THAT THANG I JUST GOT THAT JEFF HALL LIMITED EDITION MAYHEM JH120 THERE ONLY MAKING 4000 OF THESE SO IF YOU GOING GET ONE YOU BETTER GET IT NOW BECAUSE THEY WONT LAST.

The Freak plus, O.G. Freak, and green Mayhem, along with the green Easton are the hottest bats out. Unfortunately of all of those bats only the O.G. Freak is legal in almost all sanctions. But it is the way to go, that bat is still hella tight. Freak 98 is a terrible bat, and if you ever see anyone hitting seeds with one of those it may be altered. Mega Maniac 585 is cool but not up there with the aforementioned.

I beg The differ on that 98 statement, I gotta tournament series 98, and the thing is live, I'll put it up against any freak or Mayhem. Directly from the warehouse.

Muddy

you're confusing me. You wrote this in an earlier post (quote:)

"I know alittle about each bat on the miken bat line, and that's only because I played with alot of miken teams on the ASA/ISA/USSA Tour. The 98 has got to be one of the weakest bat miken put out, it's what we call and in between bat. Meaning that bat companies need to fill a void in the market while their main product goes through testing so they will realease a filler and that's all that 98 is, I use mine for BP on cold days, but if your league is ASA then you might want to get the MANIAC 484 it replaced the freak with a little bigger sweet spot. The PLUS and the MaNiac 585 are anly certified for USSA. Check this out if your going to be at the draft game I'll have some bat's with me. Holla back with your email

Muddy "

Now you're coming back saying that you'll put yours up against any Mayhem or Miken??? I'm lost on this one brah, could you please explain...right now you're looking like you pulled a Cybil with a little split personality jumping off...You admitted that the 98 was weak, but willing to put it up against an og freak or Mayhem (which is almost as hot as an Ultra II.) help me understand, please.

Ok Let me break it down like this, a freak 98 that is brought online or at a store is a very weak bat I admit that. But in my last post I said that I had a tournament series freak 98 that is live. The key to the last post is tournament series!!!, I played for a couple of Miken teams and most of the bats that we are fitted for come directly from the warehouse bypassing the store. Didn't mean to throw you off !! so back to the beggining A 98 is a weak bat !! But I have one that's live, meaning can't be found in any store.

Muddy, does it really make a difference in the 98 if the rod is taken out? have you hit one with the rod out?

Naw man never hit with a bat with the rod out, I've heard alot of talk about it, But never done it. I won't take that chance of being banned for a year over something like that. Bat's are hot enough these day's to where if you needed to shave or alter it you might as well play USSSA, NSA or BASA, where the best bat's are legal. Can't take a chance on losing sponsorship over a alterd bat.

Muddy, who you play with now? Where you out of?

I'm out of Enterprise, Ala, I've been ask to play with a team being put together out of florida, Still waiting on a few details. Where are you located ? drop me your email, if your looking to swing a miken I might can hook u up. I'll be at the draft also

Muddy shoot me a email trying to find a 26 oz Miken Freak

Wuz up MADE U LOOK #32!! I already know that bat is hot as hell. When I hit that Granny to dead center I knew I had to get one. I'll be there tonight checkin out the comp. Is Middle playin too?

Hey Muddy, hit the box and you'll have the email.

Check this out, Miken made the the Mayhem for worth !! then released their 585. But there both the same bat. FOR REAL !!

Does anyone know if the Mayhem 120 will be legal to use in the BASA?

Not Sure !! but if I was you I wouldn't ask anymore Before it hit's the rule book. Let sleeping dogs lay.

Ball or Fall,

I'll make a call to my rep and see if there's anymore freaks in the warehouse.

Ok, thanks Muddy

Made that phone call today, Miken no longer makes the freak. And there they have none on stock or in the warehouse, if there's any other Miken product u may want hit me back.

Muddy

Hey Muddy, Im thinking about going with the new JH120. Can you get a better deal then the $299 asking price?

Ball or Fall, i can get them for around $280. Here is my email dontask95@yahoo.com

Ball or Fall

I got a partner in VA and CT Both play for a worth team, let me call them late tonite and see what they got. Maybe 2 or 2 1/2. (27.5 oz)

Muddy

Muddy,
That's a great deal let me in on those if u can.