BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
All the Shaq fans please stand up

Where are all the Shaq fans at? I have a couple of questions for you.

Re: All the Shaq fans please stand up

Exodus I am a Shaq fan but, right now I am my own fan cause HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME.

I can't stand Shaq. A big clown is all he is . Mr. Joke-e-Joke. Biggest Dude ever and never lead the league in rebounds or blocks... just sickening!!!!! Ask me he's no Hall of Famer.

DM#18 How you gone steal my words...lol That was my question. How he gone be condsiderd one of the best and he aint led the league in nothing but eating and talking trash. So for all you Shaq fans I'm sorry but he realy dont have any true basketball skills, unless you count being able to dunk.

Man please Shaq.....is the best center to touch the floor....Remember you have players that specialize in just rebonds...tim don't lead the league in any stats any of the time..... Dm you are just a Laker fan...if Shaq was there you would be the happiest in the world!!!!!1

What is his speciality, I never said Tim was the best at anything, and Tim is not a center. Now if you want to look at the best centers look at Russell, Kareem, Chamberlin, all those guys either led the league in rebounding, scoring, block shots, something, not Shaq. He has what 1 MVP if that, and in my opinion he didn't deserve that. How you gone start a team with a man that you have to take out in the 4th quater cause he is a liability.

I'll list the stats and you tell me because some of ya'll want to pick the best center because he won games with great playas around him...the stats speak for themselves and his career is hot over....
Kareem- 24.6pts 11.2rebs 3.6assist 55%freethrow%
Chamberlain 30.1pts 22.9rebs 4.4assist 51%freethrow%
Russell 15.1pts 22.5 rebs 4.3assist 56%freethrow%
Akeem 21.8pts 11.1rebs 2.5 assist 71%free throw%
Shaq 26.6 pts 11.9rebs 2.8 assist 53%freethrow%

Really you can not compare the centers because of the day and time they played. You want to compare MVP...how will shaq take an MVP from the best basketball playa of all time MJ and as far as leading catergories he lead them amongst the centers of his day....he is the best center in the game today. How can you compare him to russell or Wilt no way they did not even have competetion....Rarely did a black man play in the NBA during their time. smaller playeas etc.....so you can't compare but you have to give SHAQ his Props!!!!!1

stats speak for themselves......no comment!!!!!1

How about the fact he has led the league in field goal percentage about 6 times and before someone screams all he can do is dunk I don't think there is any coach in the league or player who wouldn't want a guy on his team that makes 60% of his attempts would you.

15 You say that there was no other centers back in the day of Russell and Chamberlin but who in the league is as big as Shaq, over 7 ft tall 380 pounds who else in the league is that big no one, so why aint he leading in the catagories that I mentioned. GA Player he should lead the league in feild goal percentage all he does is dunk if you cant make those and you the biggest guy in the league there is a problem. So that means he should be leading the league in scoring every year and his has onle did that once. Face it he's not all that great!

Sorry! That last post was from me Ex. I accidentally put 15 and GA Player in the name

Ex. It seem like you don't like Shaq because God made him BIG.....There are many players in the league today just as big or bigger then Shaq....And furthermore Rodman and Malone never had a problem holding Shaq....Remember thats all Wilt did was dunk....He's bigger than everyone else....how you think he scored 100 pts and still lost the game. Today's game is much more faster thatn yesterday game. 350lbs and can get up and down the court...that great in deed...thats like asking an offensive linem,an to play basketball....I don't know any lineman who could do it!!!!!1

First of all just to make sure I had a leg to stand on i went to NBA.com just to see how the big guy's career stats look.According to what i saw he has been doing pretty good scoring he's 1st among active players even after playing with shot happy Kobe for those years.But the one thing you keep dumping on him is he should be leading the league in everything just because he is bigger than the guys he plays against.So what should he do not take advantage of his well his advantage over the other centers in the league thats like telling Mike don't use your quickness and jumping ability on the guy on you thats not fair.

I think were missing the point on Shaq. It's not a point of age it's a point of LAZINESS! Plenty of players play well into there 40's. i.e MJ,Kareem,Russell,Wilt hell even Ewing and Olajuawon(sp) played well after 35. Shaq isn't old he's only 33, but he is lazy which is why he'll miss 30 games a season. He's just lucky he no contemporaries.

15 I'm not hating on him cause God mad him big. I'm only telling the truth. The man has no true basketball skills. If he wasn't that big he would be so ineffective that he might be here with the CBA team Rockford Lightning. LOL j/k but for real though you would dominate the league if you were that big anyone would. Look at all the other centers that were named they all had other skills other than dunking. Monute Bol and George Murrison could dunk but we all know how they turned out.

DON'T HATE DM#18 SHAQ IS THE BOMB, THE BEST CENTER IN THE NBA.HOLLA IF YOU HEAR ME.. HE'S ALSO MY FUTURE BABY DADDY..HE JUST DON'T KNOW IT YET........LET ME STOP TRIPPIN BUT ANYWAY SHAQ GOT IT GOING ON WITH HIS BIG,SEXY,CHOCOLATE SELF...I LOVE A BIG MAN........HOLLA DS NEAL OUT

PS. SOFTBALL4LIFE YOU BETTER NOT SAY ANYTHING BAD ABOUT SHAQ...HOLLA BACK GIRL

YES I AGREE SHAQ NEEDS TO WORK ON HIS FREETHROWS MORE, BUT TO DOG HIM LIKE THAT IS CRAZY. THIS BUSINESS IS ABOUT WINNING, SO DONT GET IT TWISTED. HE MAY NEVER LEAD THE LEAGUE IN ANY STATS DEPARTMENT, BUT IF HE WINS A FEW MORE CHAMPIONSHIPS I GUARANTEE HIS BOSS WILL BE HAPPY.

Dont you think that Dr. Buss will be happy if Kobe bring him another Championship. It's not like it can't happen. As far as Shaq goes it's more than just his freethrows that he needs to work on and it might be to late for him to work on that little thing called a jumpshot. or even the skyhook. Anything other than just trying to turn around and dunk cause when he cant dunk chances are he has the worst field goal percentage.

YES DR. BUSS WOULD BE HAPPY, BUT HE WONT BE GETTING ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP THERE FOR A WHILE.

Like I said earlier this debate could go on forever its a matter of opinions and yours is that the man has no basketball skills other than the ability to run over the guy on him and dunk but like i said i went to the STATS and they seem to show something else like he has been on the All-NBA Defensive 2 times and if case you haven't noticed he does have a decent short jump hook and shot in the paint.If all you had to do is be big and make it in the league what happened to guys like Stanley Roberts (big as Shaq)Jorge Gonzales(bigger than Shaq)anda few more have come thru but the reason they are not around is because they didn't have his skills and you have got to be kidding the Lakers won't win another championship with Kobe for the simple fact that they won't be able to pay players to stay Mike was always the best player in the league when they were winning but he wasn't the highest paid he made his money off endorsements something Kobe will not be getting unless K-Y needs a spokesman so that means he has to make his money from his basketball contract which means he won't be getting a whole lot of help.Just my opinion.

You have got to be kidding you put on here that Shaq Has been All-NBA Defensive 2 times out of what 13 yrs come on now. Thats another reason he is not that great. You just proved me even right even more so not that it was needed mind you. lol. Seriously you can have stats take for instance Walker with the heat you look at his numbers and I'm sure their pretty good also. The game of basketball is more than just stats. As far as money goes what was another reason Shaq had to leave LA it was because he was already making over $100 million and his contract was up and he wanted more. They couldn't sign him, Kobe, Payton, or another free agent that they were looking at.

Actually he had 2 more years on his contract Ex. GA Player I dont think K-Y would offer Kobe an endorsement cause they might take it up the rear from him. No player with the exception of Bill Russell was on the all defensive team for the majority of his career. Name some one else that posistion with multiple years on that team.

Dennis Rodman, Scottie Pippen, Ron Artest, Patrick Ewing, Jordan.....should I go on?

EX I said at that position. Last I checked Jordan, was a Guard, Pippen, Rodman-Forwards, I think you probably meant Robinson, or Hakeem maybe not Ewing. Ex, I research prior to posting and my research tells me that Ewing never made first team All Defensive Team. Shaq has played in an era filled with great centers, unlike today (exception Ben Wallace). He took it to First team players like Robinson, Mourning, Olajuwon, and Mutombo...The bottom line is it really doesn't matter what you, I or any one else thinks, he will go down in history as the most Dominant big man to play the game. The NBA's Zone rule change is the major reason his productivity is down. Any basketball enthusiest knows that you attack a zone form the outside not the inside!!!!

One more thing Artest only made it once and that was second team. Source www.nba.com

Come on ESQ check back with NBA.com and you should find that Artest was the leagues NBA defensive player of the year 2 yrs ago. As far as Shaq playing against great centers they were old and on their way out. Hakeem did Shaq in the finals and then retired. Robinson was always soft and at the end of his day. Now I will give you Mourning but in his defense he had no team along with Ewing. Shaq didn't face those guys night in and night out.

As far as attacking the zone if you have guards that can penitrate the zone then big men get easy baskets. If you dont have someone that can hit the outside shot then you pack the zone and the big me dont get looks cause they get doubled team any average coach would know that. Try playing a zone against the Duke Blue Devils and watch JJ Reddick shoot your eyes out. Sheldon Williams is a good player but he dont get the looks when a team plays a zone.

Ex so now its about the mans lack of bieng on all defensive teams in his years in the league.The last few years Ben Wallace has been named the best defensive center.Good player rebounds like crazy and plays hard but he doesn't score.With the exception of Jordan none of those guys are the offensive force Shaq is.Let me ask you this then being a fan of the game do you think if Jordan would've had Shaq he would have been stuck on who was the man or winning championships.

my mistake...you are right he did make first team 2 yrs ago. The players I named were all great all the way up until there retirement.

Jordan would not have. Can you say the same about Shaq? Would he have accepted playing the Robin role? Lets look at his history. First him and Penny, when Panny blew up with endorsements, commercials, lil penny, shoe deals the big fella got mad and left. Went to the Lakers Kobe started blowing up, commercails,etc.....Shaq got mad.....hmmmmm I'm starting to see a pattern. He still got the same old sorry shoe that no ones wears and Deep heat no one wants him endorsing their products he cant talk...lol that a whole new subject. My point is this he wants to feel like he is the man all the time and really great players dont mind being 2nd look at Magic and Kareem. Mike may have in order to do what's best for the team. Shaq does it now cause he has no choice make D-wade leave and they got problems not to mention he old and only plays 30 - 40 games a season now.

Once again you are throwing stones at a glass house. Shaq's leaving had nothing to do with Penny or Kobe. Shaq left Orlando because the organization proved themselves incompetent. It hurts me to say that because I am a Magic fan(#15 that don't mean SO Georgia Magic). Penny had beef with Shaq, and the media blew it up. The reason I say sources is I want the inside scoop. B. Shaw, you know the PG in O-town, Lakers, I dont think you could get more inside than that. Media or self speculation equals one thing bad info.

I'm really curious as to this now. How did the organiztion prove itself imcompitent? Why was Penny and Shaq going at it?

HIt me on my email, an when I get off work I will inform you.

I will. I have enjoyed our talk. Love to talk about sports esp hoop. You know your stuff. Like I said I do give credit where credit is due and you deserve it bro. Take care. I will holla at you later.

Thanks EX, good debating with you too Bro.

Esq and Ex. I've been busy for the last two days but i can debate Shaq all day and I was a Magic fan to Esq and South Ga Magic fan and you can be too! Can't wait to meet you guys!!!!!1 I'm new to this softball thing but is learning alot about people!!!!1