BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kobe or Labron

So after last nights game, I'm wondering who would still take Labron ova Kobe? Every one on one match up I saw... #8 was giving it to Labron. He hit the game winner ova him and then turned around and defended Labron into missing his game winner. I think we have our NBA MVP. Really can you make an argument for anyone else?

Re: Kobe or Labron

Hands down Lebron is the better player to me..as far as individual status Kobe can shoot better..But he will never win the Championship to selfish that's why I don't like Kobe..You better beleive he gets my respect as a individual player but not as team..Lebron is a better team player..My vote goes to Lebron James

.....KING JAMES

Smallz…I'd agree with but there's just one thing. Kobe doest have the talent around him that Labron has. So he "has" to be more selfish and if you're that talented shouldn't you be! If KB doesn't take and make those shots last night, who does? No other options. Labron has Iilgauskus(sp) who lead everybody in scoring last night. And Kobe will win another title(has 3 already!) after they go get Artest! All he's missing is a Scottie Pippen type to share the load.

Hold on now..Kobe did have the talent he ran the talent off..As i recall Kobe saying this is my team I run this not Shac..

That not a good team player

Dinsum If that is your argument then you have to consider AI for the MVP again and for his whole career.....he has never had a person to help carry the load but consistantly get into the playoffs but we give Kobe all the excuses in the world. Anybody can win with great playas...To me Kobe might be 4 or 5 on the list. D. Wade is in front of Kobe. Tim, Kevin and Jermaine Oneal. then Kobe!!!!!1

DM#18 dont forget Lamar Odem almost had a triple double last night aslo. Labron has a better all around game. Inside or outside he is dangerous, not to mention he aint been in the league as long as Kobe. Now dont get me wrong Kobe is a great baller and is having an outstanding season. However the best player between the two is Labron. Just my thoughts.

kobe Bryant has some issues with his character however he is hands down the best individual player in the NBA. He can take over a game at will. the only other player in the league that can do that is d. wade. Kobe stands apart from all the rest on the Defensive end. he is the best one on one defender in the game. if best player consist of being a team player which it does then labron but i think d wade is better than him

Good Points Smallz, I agree with your first assessment. Labron is a better player because he makes his teammates better be sharing the ball. Labron is constantly a triple double threat because he passes (assists) and rebounds. As far as individual talent, there is not a better one on one player in the game (AI & D. Wade are very close though) but remember this is a team sport. Besides he's already got his "Scottie Pippen" in Lamar Odom, he's the triple double threat every night on that team but Kobe is too dam selfish to allow Odom to shine night in and night out. Kobe has been selfish his entire career, and is probably not going to change, I personally can't stand him.

Im from Cleveland,Who else Labron

Kobe the prophet told ya'll about Shaq. "He's lazy and stays out shape", hence all the recent injuries. Shaq doest have greatness attached to him so Kobe wanted him gone. The Heat by the way don’t have a better record than the Cavs which I find strange, Seeing that they have all that talent and play in the east. I just refuse to put AI in the argument. As the facts would have it AI has Cwebb and a host of other player Igudalla(sp),Korver,Dalambert and under Iverson's leadership the Sixers are 17-19. Best All-Around player still in KB. His post game is Jordan like, his perimeter game is well…Jordan like and he defends like…you guest it Jordan. Fellas accept it, Kobe's the best since MJ period

I have to go with Lebron..Lets not forget, he just turned 21 years old.

I dislike Kobe for his off court remarks, but I think it is Kobe. Mainly for his defense. They both are great on the O but Kobe seperates from him on D. BY the way I think Artest is the best defender in the league.

Smallz I agree with your comments. Also, Kobe is probably the best offensive player in the game! His individual skills are hard to match & he does play the hell out of defense! However, the thing that made Michael Jordan so great was his ability to make others around him BETTER! Not just his physical basketball skills. LeBron is still young and will be GREAT. At his young age, he's one of the best in the game. A basketball freak of nature for his age! He's gifted just like Kobe, but he's more team oriented. He's not blessed with awesome people around him. The comment about Kobe not having players around him like LeBron does is crazy! The teams are very similar to me. LeBron just involves his team more. Kobe is skilled, but very selfish! He won't come close to winning another championship with what he's playing with & unless he changes! I'd take LeBron! Kobe pushed his Championship ticket out of town(Shaq)!!! No one man show wins a championship!

I will take Lebron any day over Kobe...His upside is greater, he is a better passer, will be a better shooter, will learn to defend better. But the thing that sets Lebron apart from Kobe is his ability to get everyone involved in a game, sometimes to the detriment of his team winning. Last night I noticed the Lakers did a lot better with Kobe on the bench. Going back to Shaq...as a team player I would take a back seat to the 8th Wonder of the World if I was winning championships. I don't think that supporting cast thing holds much water either!!! I've watched the Cavs on numerous occasions and it always looks like Lebron needs help. Kobe aint hurting as bad as you think, he just does'nt trust his supporting cast. They will never get better until that happens...

Now fella's It really doesn't matter because NEITHER will get by my PISTONS!!!!

You can't argue stats.....
AI career stats 27.8 pts 6.0 assist 2.37 steals
season stats 33.7 pts(2nd), 7.4 assist(7th), 2.14 steals(4th), 43mins(1st)

Kobe career 23.0 pts,4.4assist,1.45 steals
season 34.1 pts(1st)4.4 assist 1.45 steals 40.3 mins(6th)

James career 25.2 pts, 6.4 assist, 1.29 steals
season 30.7 pts(3rd), 5.9 assist, 1.67 steals 42 mins(2nd)

Wade career 21.8 pts, 6.0 assist, 1.61 steals
season 26.6 pts(5th) 6.9assist(9th) 2.03 steals(6th)40mins

from stats alone Aleen Iverson runs away in every category so how you can't put him in the MVP running I don't understand. On every team mention the talent is so much better than the talent on the 76ers.
Kobe and AI came into the league together although Kobe had much more success....It clearly shows that Kobe had help. Out of the four mention AI lead every catagory except scoring but is close behind Kobe....and this man isn't even 6 ft tall. Kobe 6'8, LJames 6'8, Dwade 6'5.........what are ya'll judging so I can see the differences but from stats alone...AI is my man hands down!!!!1

I agree with #15. AI is the man.

And for DM#18,
1)What kinda shape is Shaq supposed to be in? The same as Kobe, I think not. The man is 330+, 7'+, so he won't be in the same type shape KB will. KB is a selfish ballplayer and needs to learn to trust his teammates.
2) AI doesn't have a supporting cast. What is CWebb? Washed up. AI has heart and desire and takes his team wherever they go but he involves his team. If he had help, they would be hell!
3) LeBron is a great ball player and he is great to watch. He and D. Wade are more like Jordan bc ppl want to see them play bc they will give you the unexpected.

Now I'm not saying that last second shot should go to anyone, yeah KB, LJ, AI, DW are supposed to take the game winning shots. KB trys to take all the shots.

Ok, now as security I need to set this post straight. This post was about Kobe or Labron. AI is a great ball player but this aint about him. THat's a whole new topic. However since we did bring up AI he too shoots a lot. Which is why if you remember they tried to move him to the 2 spot. He shot to much to be a point. AI and Kobe shoot about the same number of times per game. As far as the 8th blunder of the world Shaq Kobe wasn't the only reason he left LA you have to remember Dr.Buss had a choice to make and he choose Kobe for whatever reason. You cant blame Kobe for that. Now back to the original topic this is abot KB and LJ who would you rather have. Thanks for your cooperation. AAAYYYYY so with it... with it...lol there you go Church

aaahh ex you have been watching espn " 5 reasons you cant blame"

First let me say... This is great, kinda reminds me of the barber shop. We say Jordan made the players around him better, well he did. But those players were willing to follow MJ's lead. Kobe's supporting cast is not yet willing to sacrifice themselves . On to AI…..he puts up pretty good numbers yes. But his attempts by far out number Kobe. A more telling stat is career shooting ptcg. AI .420 to Kobe .450. Yes you are exactly right #15 and PM#8 AI has heart but he's also had talented players that he ran off. Let's see….Stackhouse,Mckie,Larry Hughes,Van Horn and now I guess CWebb is washed up, I get it. Shaq's not supposed to be 330+ is he? He's a basketball player not an offensive tackle. Why do think his legs are breaking down now. Don't worry KB will win another title before Shaq does

It's my birthday, Birthday

Come on Dm the guys you mentioned which ones has one a ring or which one would you want on your team. Which one of these playas average more then twenty a game ......none.....oh and look who Kobe ran off.shaq is the best center to touch the basketball...when has he missed the playoffs....he made the playoffs with Orlando, Lakers and Heat....every place he leaves go straight down hill.....1

15 look at the players around Shaq. He has always had a squad. Orlando: Penny,Shaq,Neal Anderson & Grant, The Lakers: Kobe, Shaq,Grant,Rick Fox & others, not to mention Phil, Heat: D-Wade, Hasslim,Damon Jones, Eddie Jones,and Phil. Did you forget the heat made the playoffs before he got there. He aint did anything special.

Who Shaq....Man please that's like =saying Jordan has not done anything when he had Scottie, Bill Cartwright, Paxson, Grant, etc.... the same goes for bill Russell when he had Jerry West.... Shaq does his job...To begin a team Shaq would be my first pick in the league right now...and that's without hitting the free throws and don't forget Shaq did not cause Orlando to lose Nick did.....1
dm Jordan ended his career at 49% shooting from the field.
AI will never win a ship because no one wants to play with him...the media has destroyed his career for a long time......he is the trend sitter....who's the first in the NBA with tattoos and corn rolls....Bad rap from the get go!!!!!1

15 check out Shaq fans please stand up and you will see what I'm talking about. This one is for Kobe and Labron

#15, you made some very valid points but I had to do a double take when I read your last post "Shaq....the best Center to touch a basketball". WOW!!! Now I know this a Kobe vs. Labron debate but Shaq isn't in my top 5 centers of all time. Just in recent years you have 3 that were much better than him, Robinson, Ewing, & Akeem the dream who in my opinion is the best of all time, way too much skill and shooting ability. Anyway, getting back on point, Kobe is better defensive player and one on one player but that's it. He's been in the league 10 years, so he's had more time to master the defensive craft. Labron has already mastered something in 2.5 years that Kobe still has no clue on, the TEAM concept, its really that simple for me.

15....MVP is yearly, not career.....those are career stats

I put up AI season stats and they are better than Kobe's and Lebron's!!!!!1

I got the scoop from someone that was on the inside...B. Shaw. It was more than Buss having to make a decision...Kobe had a lot to do with Shaq going east. It definately wasn't the salary cap. Shaq has been hurt a lot this season, but I guarantee the Heat will make some noise before it's all over.

You have got to be kidding I understand everyone that watches the NBA does not see the same thing as the next guy but when I watch it and my opinion is only backed by stats and the stats show that Kobe is NOT Jordan.Mike had a fg% of just under 50% for his career something Kobe will NOT do.How can Shaq not be one of the top 3 centers ever I'll make easy for you take David,Akeem and whoever else make all of them say 28 yrs old and see who is the best.Shaq may not be the best of all you forgot Wilt,Kareem and even Bill Russell but he is the best out of the group you named none of them could come close to stopping him and if you check it out Shaq is at close to a 60% career fg shooter most are dunks but 2 points are 2 points.

player this might be the first time I agree with you!!!!1

You know its a sad day when player is getting kudos from anybody. We never said what Shaq does isn't effective but it really doesn't belong on a basketball court. Okay, see if you can guess who I am....I can't dribble, shoot, or speak words with more than 3 syllables in them.....if I get the ball I'm basically going to run you over because I'm 350lbs and most basketball centers don't weigh enough to keep me from running them over...by the way, if you fall down in the process of me running you over I'll say your flopping and then I'll cry about never once realizing that I'm 350lbs+ and that 99% of the world would fall over if I lean on them. He has no true basketball skill but I ain't mad for doing what they allow him to get away with.