BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is it?????

I been seeing all these different topics about realtionships and no one has seemed to talked about the biggest question of all which is "What is Love?" It's a simple question but the answer is not so simple. So can someone please tell me what it really is? 1

Re: What is it?????

"FEAR"

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful and endures through every circumstance.
The gifts that come from love are many. Here are a few: forgiveness, patience, kindness, love for the best in a person. Love does not allow for jealousy, envy, pride, selfishness, rudeness, or a demand for one's own way or grudges.

Ok,Teresa but what does it mean to you??

Love is being able to forgive. To go out on a limb for someone inspite of.

LOVE: A deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude toward a person, such as that arising from kinship, recognition of attractive qualities, or a sense of underlying oneness.
A feeling of intense desire and attraction toward a person with whom one is disposed to make a pair; the emotion of sex and romance.

.... ...the reason(I)say LOVE is FEAR is because through time has shown us at times,that LOVE hurts and you can/will hurt someone you love and as for fear,hell you won't conflict fear and people seems to make it work, if I'm losing you speak,but truly read before you jump to ....Love is good, but it comes with clauses...the fine print at the bottom, like I love you so much ,that I can't see you with no one else,and if not working with us,I love you not to leave you but make you miserable...go figure...it's some out there who life is included in this,I'm just freeing and giving my thoughts on the word LOVE....it's dangerous and truly I do believe in LOVE and don't mind passing it out, but but before I go to church on this....I need for Home Coming to elaborate on this and explain a little better before someone becomes BITTER....."CHURCH" shhhh*TTTT...hit this ...now "snap your fingers...step with it...you can do it all by YOURSELF"...."AAYYYYY"

Love is being able to hold one another up during those difficult times. Love is knowing that you always have someone that you can count on no matter what. My husband and i have been married for almost 12 years and i know that it is the love we have for one another that has kept us. When you face difficult times you will see what really holds you together.

Alright Teresa alright!!! Thats what I want to know.You and Church seem to be on point with this.

To me love is sitting at your desk and thinking of the one you love and getting the little ******* feeling throughout your body, being able to forgive and overcome any and every obstacle, being able to just look the other in the eyes and without one word the other responds by saying "I love you too",knowing your loved ones thought or next move before they even make it,having an argument one minute and then the next your lying down laughing about it, when the man or the women in the relationship can make a big decision about something very important and the other not have a problem with it because both are already on the same page.

All stop right here for now.
But that is my view on LOVE!

Love.....hmmmm a sense of oneness
A feeling that knows no selfishness
The emotion of sex and romance
A feeling that can endure through every circumstance
Love can sometimes bring out your deepest fear
Love can cost you the very one you hold dear
Love is endless no sense of time nor space
Love is sometimes written all over ones face
Love will bring out a range of emotions
Love will have you ender a spell like a potion
Love was once the supreme sacrifice
Because of love The Lord Jesus paid the ulitimat price
Love is something given from me to you
Love is the reason why I do what I do
Love will hold you in the midnight hour
Love can cleanse you like a shower
Love is something that runs way down deep
Love will have you toss'n and turn'n in your sleep
Love is really simple and plain
Love only needs to go by one name "LOVE"

There is a mythology in our culture that love just happens. As a result, the depressed often sit around passively waiting for someone to love them. But love doesn't work that way. To get love and keep love you have to go out and be active and learn a variety of specific skills.
Most of us get our ideas of love from popular culture. We come to believe that love is something that sweeps us off our feet. But the pop-culture ideal of love consists of unrealistic images created for entertainment , which is one reason so many of us are set up to be depressed. It's part of our national vulnerability, like eating junk food, constantly stimulated by images of instant gratification. We think it is love when it's simply distraction and infatuation.
One consequence is that when we hit real love we become upset and disappointed because there are many things that do not fit the cultural ideal. Some of us get demanding and controlling, wanting someone else to do what we think our ideal of romance should be, without realizing our ideal is misplaced.
* Recognize the difference between limerance and love. Limerance is the psychological state of deep infatuation. It feels good but rarely lasts. Limerance is that first stage of mad attraction whereby all the hormones are flowing and things feel so right. Limerance lasts, on average, six months. It can progress to love. Most love in fact starts out as limerance, but most limerance never evolves into love.
* Know that love is a learned skill, not something that comes from hormones or emotion particularly. Erich Fromm called it "an act of will." If you don't learn the skills of love you virtually guarantee that you will be depressed, not only because you will not be connected enough but because you will have many failure experiences.
Focus on the other person. Rather than focus on what you are getting and how you are being treated, read your partner's need. What does this person really need for his/her own well-being? This is a very tough skill for people to learn in our narcissistic culture. Of course, you don't lose yourself in the process; you make sure you're also doing enough self-care!!!!!1

...... Now we talking....REAL TALK

Nice way of putting it Homecoming.. As ususal Good Job

#15 all I say is: Alright Now"

This is some interesting reading here...

Hit it right on the nose #15.

Now that is some real talk. Home Coming and #15 great job.

I like that #15.

Love has many meanings in English, from something that gives a little pleasure ("I loved that movie") to something one would die for (patriotism, pairbonding). It can describe an intense feeling of affection, an emotion or an emotional state. In ordinary use, it usually refers to interpersonal love. Probably due to its large psychological relevance, love is one of the most common themes in art.

Love is adoring, worshipping, and showing affection towards someone. My mother told me just yesterday that you must love yourself 1st and then open yourself/heart up to be loved, a lot of people have been hurt and are afraid to just open their heart, "fear" is good sometimes and "fear" keeps you away from people who are not compatible to you, but if you find that someone that you think could be the one, you must give it your all..... Love is learned... Reason why I put what my mother said is because my parents have been married for 29 years ....I guess her words have some credibility...

I see you Hotboy!! That was nice. You always make it do what it do.!!

T. Canty, you blew me away, well spoken!

Just Us/Hot Girl #11

great job everyone.....realizing that love is all of those things...I think Jesus is our best example of love...because in every case he displayed great love...Love takes many shapes in many different situations....to me love is unselfish...the bible says that it is LOVE that covers ALL...therefore I have to save Love is the Powersource in which we live...canty aka 15 good job bro...YD#2 out

There are different kinds of Love but to me God is Love
To put it plainly, Love is Action
God so LOVED the world that he GAVE his only begotten son…(John 3:16)
God is longsuffering, merciful, humble and everlasting just to name a few
God is Love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. (1 John 4:16)
Let me share with you the chorus of one of my favorite gospel songs
“Jesus went to Cavalry to save a wretch like you and me…that’s love”
Another song goes like this “There is no Greater Love that a man would lay down his life for a friend” (John 15:13)

Jesus died so that we could live…Now that’s LOVE

Ephesians 5:1,2 says “Be imitators of God as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and GAVE (there’s that word again) himself for us.”

1 Peter 4:8 says “Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.”

…and finally

1 John 3:18 says “Dear Children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions (deed) and in truth.”

Not I’m not the one to take you to church, but there are many more of these truths throughout the bible. I think this world would truly be a better place if we learned to truly “LOVE” one another as we have been commanded to do.

Thanks for sharing your views. I have truly enjoyed reading the postings and sharing my views.

LOVE is an action not a feeling a lot of people get caught up in feelings but LOVE is hurting when i hurt being happy when iam happy and supporting me in what iam trying to do and telling me when you don't agree with something i do not talking about it to someone else.( the list could go on but you get the picture)

Man yawll getting deep. Thanks for all the input. I believe that we all should be done learned something from this post. We have some very intellagent people on this board, and some people who know what love is all about. Thanks again. This is some good stuff so keep it going.

Re: What is it????

Love is Acceptance - of the good, the bad, the ugly and everything in between. Love is compromise, you have your way and I have mine but lets meet in the middle and talk it out. Love is trust, you are for me and I am for you and while we are together let it be just that. Love is deciding that you wont ever be DOWN at the same time (one of you has got the pick the other up and if I am down this time next time when you are down I will pick you up), but you certainly can ALWAYS BE UP at the same time. Love is I will have your back. Love is ... Thank you Lord for this person who is wonderfully and fearfully made. Thank you for this blessing.

1.Love is an action not a feeling.

LOVE----is Trust, honesty. intergity,communication,politeness,openmindness, unselfishness.
Love----is GOD,MOM,BROTHER,SISTER,AUNT,UNCLE,GRANDS,FRIENDS,LOVERS.....ETC....Love is life...Life is hard....understand?????1

Love so deep that if you don't love right you will get hurt.

Love is defined differently by all of us, but is truly personal to each of us!!!!!!

Much love to everyone............