BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kids

Hey I was just listening to the radio and the topic of today is "Would you let someone else whoop your kid? Me personally my kids have always been told you get caught acting up then you deserve to get punished, and then you gone get it when you get home. The same thing goes if you leave your child with me. If they with me then they with me and if they act up then they get a whoop'n too just like they mine. What do you think?

Re: Kids

I don't know.....I think in the past few years this subject has made me kinda worried because everybody don't know how to spank a child.... I think I don't mind if I live my child with you(woman) and the woman I leave them with can but not her boyfriend or brother. I have have two girls and the only man that will touch their bottoms will be ME! Too many accidents or intentional deaths in the hands of boyfriends. another thing I would not leave my girls with a male (nuless my brother) for a long period of time!!!!!1

I'd have to agree with #15. I know we say it takes a village and it still does but unless you are preventing them from harm I would rather you tell me and let me handle there discipline. Some things don't require a whoopin' and all parents don't agree on what does and what doesn't. So just tell the parents and let them handle it.

Yes, I agree with you all because its just a sign of the times. A lot of things has changed and there will be more changes to come.A lot people has different values now. AS THE WORLD TURNS. Don't know what will happen next.

I don't agree. My feeling is if I trust you enough to leave my children with you in the first place then I trust you enough to discipline them if necessary. If I didn't trust you, then I should have never left them with you.

I'm with "Just Wondering" if I can't discipline them then don't leave them with me!

#15 I love you dearly and often agree with most of your posts, but I'm going to agree with Softball Fan... If I trust you enough to leave the most precious things to me, then I trust you to do what's best while they are with you... including whooping them. My husband may not agree... but men seem to feel different about "their kids" in there absence...

I know this topic is a day old but I had to respond.. I understand the trust thing, however the other person has got to understand my views on discipline. I will leave my son with my sister and she knows that I don't believe in spanking my son.. and although she may spank her child I would have a problem if she spanked mine, and that is her blood. I truly believe that you can talk to a child and the effect is that much more positive... It is definitely easier to spank... just like it's easier for adults to fight one another instead of talking and working things out...

I know this is late but I'm with Softball Fan and Just Curious on this one. If I can't whoop your child then keep em' because if I spank mine I will treat yours like their mine too. If you don't want me to spank your child them don't ask me to keep them.The bible says to spare the rod or spoil the child and I believe in sparing the rod. However, I don't chose to spank my son everytime that he does something wrong but mama will lay it down when needed. These days children lack discipline and that's one of the problems why they lack self respect and respect for others.