BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Taking Time Out For Praise

I want to ask a question and hopefully some of you will respond. During the softball season we spend many week-ends away from home. When we are away from home we usually are also away from our opportunity to attend the church of our choice. We take time to play, we take time to party,we take time to hang out with friends, we take time to socialize and its all good. Is anyone interested in taking time to give the Lord thanks and praise for keeping us from hurt, harm and danger on and off the field, while we travel to and from, for giving us the opportunity and ability to play the game and for keeping us from day to day??? If its alright with BASA and if folks are interested can we set aside an early Sunday morning time to just meet, read a scripture and say a prayer. This is nothing formal, no preaching, no long drawn out thing, nothing anyone has to organize or be responsbile for but an opportunity that will be posted here on the board prior to any tourney that I will be attending. I am in, is anyone else in with me?????

Re: Taking Time Out For Praise

Count me in.

I'm in...

You can count me in and I'm sure my team mates will be in too!

You can count me in, it's nothing like taking the time out to thank the All Mighty because without him it would be no us

I'm in.

"#2CHURCH"

What about this thank you for your post. I recently had a conversation about this with some of my team mates, and I thought of this poem when you posted it.

There is always time to praise his name
Even if it's before, during, and after a game
With him in our lives we can do all things
With out him we can not do….anying
He is the way the truth and the light
Playing on sunday with out praising him just aint right
He sent his son to die for you and for me
Thank you Lord for setting me free
To our Father who sits on high and looks down low
Following in your footsteps is the way to go
You told us to hide the word deep down in our heart
It's a good idea to pray before we start
Protect us all from all hurt harm and danger
Keep our tempers in check …slow to anger
Protect all our families that we leave at home
Protect us on the road while we gone
Protect us by plane, bus or car
Keep us all safe no matter how near or how far
Teach us that this is all just some fun and games
Let us remember to PRAISE your name (Amen)

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

Matthew 18:20, thanks and I thought of that when posting, even if its just 2 - that will do. For Bease, Ms.Nashville, Homecoming, 2Church, Hot Girl 8 and the rest, we will make this happen.

Count me in

1 will be there, I'm number 22 for the Lady Cobra's team, competitive and the colors are gold and cardinal...

I think this is a great idea. Count me in too.

Count me in.....

Please count me in.

How about on Thursday or Friday we take turns posting a scripture and speaking our minds on it. One person post the scripture of their choice and speak on it and whoever can follow up. Sort of like a little Bible study. Does anyone want to take the lead? BASA can we get a sticky on it of we do this?

Count me in.

Count me in

Count all the Hot Girls in.

Sure. Fridays would work better, just let us know who wants do it.

first off we pray all thru out the games and tourney...god knows our mind, body, and soul is in the right place......furthermore because we are away from home we need to be getting back as soon as possible....so if you are real serious about during a service do it Sunday night instead of drinkg and going out to party.....Majority of us attend service on Wednesday or thursday night because we fellowship to prepare for the weekend. Just my suggestions....Jesus is my pilot so therfore he rides with me everywhere!

good idea, we give so much time to the enemy, we tend to forget about giving thanks and praise to the most High, especially when we are away from our home churches.

I'm in

EVERYTHING THAT I AM AND ALL THE BLESSINGS THAT I HAVE (AND STILL RECEIVING) IS BECAUSE OF THE MAN UPSTAIRS, SO YOU CAN DEFINITELY COUNT ME IN. THIS IS A GREAT THING!!!

Davida #7 (Ga Mixx)/ #4 (WWB)

# 15 Can you clarify your post? You said Sunday night. Hopefully on Sunday night folks are arriving back home. Most folks arrive for play on Friday night or Saturday am depending on what time they play. It seems a little difficult to pick a time on Sat. or Sat night when folks are still playing. But if you do it early Sun. morning prior to the start of play that seems easier, there is no time conflict between this and playing. How much time d you think a scripture and a prayer takes?? This thing seems to be optional and available for those who want to take the time out. What are you saying?

COUNT ME IN!!!!

Yeah I meant to say saturday night....If everyone is sincere you will see all the church goers on saturday night instead of the drinking and partying but of course people just run their mouths!!!!!1

I'm also saying that if we are taking time out for GOD we can do it Saturday night before the partys... softball usually stops around 11 or 12 but normally my team is in the winners bracket so therefore we finish playing around 6pm but for everyone else we can have the prayer service that night instead of going to party because we suppose to be making time for the Lord....Personally i think we make time for him all day long because I don't know about you guys but I pray before and after every single game...... Make time for him when the time is not opportune!!!!!1

This is a wonderful idea....count me in....on everything that has to do with God....YD#2 out

THAT'S WHAT'S UP, I'M IN

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh,I'm wit that.

That would be nice. and I would be interested.

NODOUT22-We All We Got Sounds GREAT Nodout we down for that.

I havent been to too many tournaments where play stops at 6PM in the evening on Sat. night, unless you are finished for the week-end. I guess it could be tried both ways. I am not a big party goer but if I have been out in the sun all day playing ball til late evening, I am very much interested in getting a shower and something to eat and getting ready for Sunday. Just have to see what works, its optional. If it aint your thing let it pass and do it how you do it.

Count me in !!!!!

clarification if you are in the winners bracket you only play maybe two or three games on Saturday.....Everyone who wins know that!!!!!1

Yeah 15 but that also means there are very few teams in the winners bracket sitting back and waiting and everyone else is battling it out. So you got more playing than sitting, when is their opportunity? I am not trying to be negative toward you. It was a suggestion from the jump and something totally optional, the person asked for early Sunday morning, but it seems like its something you arent into so just pass and leave it to those who want to.

Best idea i've heard on the board thus far!
B.A.S.A Thanks for giving us a opportunity to post our thoughts and feelings on this site.
God Bless all,and Merry ChristMass.

That a good plan count us in. If we are not in the loser bracket. That a joke we plan on being in the winner bracket alot more this season .So we will be getting our praise on with the rest of the basa family.Getting ready for sunday games.

I,m in

I'M IN KEEP THE CITY HITTERS UPDATED.. TUFO

Everybody should take a break and give the Master praise. I give him honor and praise everyday of my life, because if it had not been for him I would not be the person I am today. His praise shall always be in my mouth.

MIXX/GFT #21

Count me in for sure.

This is a definite for the Lady Magic/Magic Family!

The Supersonics are definitely in. We sing too. Praise is what we do!!!!!!!!!!

Most profound idea I've seen all year. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Have a prosperous year in 2006.

Sonics and Lady Magic, thanks for the reply. Yes we could use a song, I've heard you sing and hope you will lend your voices to this effort. This just keeps getting better and better - looking forward to it.