BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
If you could make one change to the game, what would it be ?

We all know the game of softball has changed a great deal, bat technology and advancement is off the meter. With these hot bats and small fields my change would be the ball, yep ! hitting the 40.cor.

Re: If you could make one change to the game, what would it be ?

There is only one thing I hate about the game...a lazy catcher(Especially on a hot day). You know, the ones that let every other ball roll to the back stop! Adapt ISA's base stealing rule. This will speed up the game big time and stop the laziness!!!

....move the mound back to 80, and move the bases...I know one thing..... ...but if you move the pitchers mound,the Bases must also move....and that's my change...

I agree with "CHURCH" move the Mound back

I agree with moving the bases and the mound back. The bases are entirely too close for the athletes we have playing the game at this level.

I here you NCB about having a good cathcer, speaking from experience. I used to be a fast pitch catcher,so when I catch for tournaments, I still kind of have that fast pitch mentality.

I can agree with the mound moving back along with the bases. If you move the mound back maybe 5 feet would that cut out needing that extra middle infielder or would you still bring him in. Just asking, I say hit the 40.cor and back the fence up.

I agree move the pitcher's mound back and the bases. The only thing about hitting a .40 ball it will promote more cheating nobody wants to hit a dud.

Seems like moving the mound, bases and fences back a few feet would be a remedy for most levels of play. You still have guys that are clearing 350 - 400, but it would reduce the chance of getting tattoed with a line drive in the infield. IMO