BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NAACP????

Man, what is the Philly Director of the NAACP doing criticizing Mcnabb? What, is there no black on black crime in Philly, are the city schools up to par….I'm starting to think the NAACP needs to just go away now. Can someone give me one relevant thing the NAACP has done in let's say, the last 20years?

Re: NAACP????

Sorry about that. BASA can you erase that. Now what I wanted to say was that the NAACP needs to be focusing on the people that lost everything in Katrina and the gov seems like they cant do a whole lot yet we giving Iraq billions and billions to rebuild their city.

Haters even come in the figure of one of our Greatest Organizations as Blacks. He needs to be kicked out of the NAACP. Church speak on this one, brother!!!!!!!

Hold on now y'all. I totally agree that the NAACP as an organization has far greater issues to focus on than Donovan McNabb. But I can't help but play devil's advocate here and see what kind of responses it gets. Why can't that man express his opinions like anyone else in this country? Does the first amendment not apply to him because he is the leader of a local NAACP chapter? Can he not provide editorial comments in a publication that he puts out just like any other editor or publisher in America?

What's up BASA Family!! KC Player, you're right he does have Freedom of Speech, but the NAACP is suppose to support US PERIOD. He just went about it the wrong way. He should've got with McNabb on a personal level and let him know how he felt. What the Director did was call out another brotha in the Press and now that's just playing into the Man's Plan. Turn them against each other.

KC, I agree with you 100%. If he was a journalist would this post be relevant. A part of what he said was true. Peyton Manning forfeited a part of his contract to retain James and Harrison, why can't Donovan. Look at the Colts and then look at the Eagles this season. Sometimes it takes sacrifice to keep peace and harmony amongst the team.

bra man i am a current member of the naacp. just recently we spear headed a fight and scored a partial victory against our local school system. courts ruled that the way are kids were being grouped was unconstitutional. naacp fight a lot of battles on local levels that never make national headlines. i assure you without the naacp as a voice there would be many more injustices that would be taking place. as far as the comment regarding Mcnabb i have not heard about that until now. just keep in mind the Naacp has members who are human and make wrong decisions and comments just like any other organization. and to even suggest that they no longer be active bra man i feel that you need to do a little more homework. in addition i was one who testified against the school system. i will stand on the front line for a worthy cause. Tookie williams i dont think so

i just read the statement and i do agree that mcnabb is an average QB but i dont understand his basis of where he acertained that Mcnabb was playing the race card by his play on the field. did mcnabb make some previous comment regarding black QBs if not then he was wrong and the Naacp needs to take some type of discipline measure probably a resignation of his title might be appropiate if further investigation warrants that.

Oh, hell no, not 1st timer in the NAACP. That's something.lololo

read fow sports article.i understand his point better now. fox was more indepth. he has some valid points but i think it is more of his perception than anything. i feel that he should have keep that one to himself or expressed that with mcnabb. never should have went public. should be asked to resign

He's calling him a uncle tom by being a drop back passer. It's pretty ridiculous if you think about it. The NAACP is a conformist group and that what Mcnabb has done he's conformed to the media/fans want him to be. The NAACP should be patting him on the back. And no you cant separate him from his organization because he was using his organization as a forum to give his comments. 1time it's admirable that you "partially" won a case but that means to me that they still group the kids in you school system, yall just approve of the way they group them. So who really won?

mrs La we as blacks must learn to pick and choose our battles carefully. we can not jump on the bandwagon behind every tookie williams that comes alone. if we cry racism behind every little event that we percieve to have racial under tones then we would be like the Boy who cried wolf no one would listen. some of you really have the wrong perceptions of my views. do you realize that rosa parks was not the first afro american woman who refused to give up her seat and that she was not the first arrested for that refusal.. She was that first woman that we stood behind because others had blemishes in there back grounds ,character and personalities flaws. basically their credibilty and histories could be easily attacked which would have diverted attention away from the real issue at hand. some what like what most lawyers attempt to do in legal proceedings. basically what i am saying is just because its black dont make it right and just because its black dont mean we should fight.

Your answer to Ms.La is indicative of the NAACP. You only join battles you can win, you're organization is really not on the front lines in the black community. You cherry pick the clean fights. In order to further your agenda of being the "good blacks". Let me know when the NAACP really does something good.

bra man dont quite understand your statement about us approving the way they group kids. school system was grouping kids basically along racial lines. segregation within a desegregated school system. that is unconstitutional. they were trying to hide it as ability grouping and that practice was exposed and no longer takes place to my knowledge. the lower courts ruled against us on another issue that is currently being reveiwed by a higher court so i cant elaborate on that. however as an educator i feel that grouping is essential to education and i can write a book on why i support that so i will not even attempt to expound.

bra man may i ask what have you done to help the cause?

bra man so now thenaacpis full of house ******* brother a fight is a lot more complicated than you can envisions. thank you for your comments but some people will never see things the same.

It is Ms., not Mrs. First, of all I do know Rosa was not the first to give up her seat. Second,I am not saying just "because they are black" stand up for them. I am speaking what'ss right is right and what's wrong is wrong regardless of color. In reference to Tookie; no man has the right to take a life. I just was reading your comments. In reference to Tookie you acted as if no one can make a mistake and now your comments you believe mistake can be made. All that I am saying is looks as if you are contradicting yourself. That's all I'm saying 1st timer.
Your . ""Just playing""lol

please read my statements more carefully i said that murder was a mistake that cant be made right. the basa deleted some of my statements because the popping pitcher lost his cool became sensative and cursed me from a to z. reading requires more than reading words it takes comprehension as well as disecting. now please go back review my comment and try again.

MS. LA please refer to churchs post lighter up. scroll down to line 21. read it please i clearly state that everyone makes mistakes

I'm an educator as well…. except my classroom is the baseball diamond and teaching kids, some them under privileged, the fundamentals baseball and how it relates to life. Nothing special just getting my hand dirty in my community.

1ST TIMER ATL STORM I'M SURE EVERYONE WITH A 3RD GRADE EDUCATION KNOWS WHAT READING EQUATES TO. STOP TALKING DOWN TO PEOPLE ALL THE TIME. WHEN THEY GAVE OUT YOUR DEGREE THEY DIDN'T STOP MAKING THEM PARTNER.

THE EDUCATOR

not talking down she was implying that i was contradicting my statements if so she did not apparently comprehend what i said. if she going to make a statement she needs to make sure that it is accurate and has some ground to stand on. i can understand that it may have come off like that and if so i do apologize to her and anyone else who may have been offended. if i was trying to be sarcastic or degrading you will know ask the popping pitcher.i think i made him loose his religion. once again sorry and i will keep that in mind sincerely

Bra-man are you a football fan?

Security....
Ok, since the Prez is out can we please drop this. 1st timer we appreciate your thoughts and views now can we please leave it alone. It doesn't look like we are going to get anywhere. Lets get back to lifting each other up especially since it is CHRISTMAS time.

bra man glad to see that you are trying to make a difference by serving your community in that capacity i just asked dont knock other brothers who are trying to do the same. we all have different approaches to bringing about change lets just respect the avenues that each of us decide to take. i am leaving work now but will definitely check in later. enjoyed the discusions and these disagreement are all a part of being educated because EDUCATOR we all know that education is not only measured in degrees.

Absolutely a football fan. Ands Mcnabb he is one of the better QB's in the league. He can run and throw, a true mobile QB. He's shown his leadership skill by going to 4 straight championship games and 1 super bowl dudes a winner hands down. Then along came TO(lucifer) and look what happened…..

No disrespect or anything Exodus, but I think we need dialogue like this. There are posts out there that are strictly uplifting, but we need to learn to discuss issues like this one without people getting offended and straying off the subject of the original post. I enjoy hearing what other people think about controversial issues such as this.

See bra-man, that's where we disagree and what the NAACP guy was trying to point out. McNabb used to be a very good mobile quarterback. He won't run anymore. He's been running less and less each year and trying to be a drop back passer, which has never been his strength. In watching the super bowl I saw several instances where the McNabb of maybe 3 years ago would have taken off to gain valuable yardage. He chose not to and it made things harder for the offense. That's not a leader. A leader would have used every talent that he had at his disposal and done whatever it took to lead his team to victory in a very winnable game for them. He didn't do that.

KC player I agree but when 1st timer kept talking about the popping picture after it got a little heated I didn't want it to go to far cause he kept bringing it up. No biggie so continue with some "real talk"

my bad spell check thats "pitcher" lol whats up we haven't heard from you in a while.

See 3 yrs ago he wasn't in the super bowl, he wasn't reading defenses like he does now. It's a natural progression. Now calling him not a leader in my opinion is just wrong. He scrambles when he needs to. It's easier to pass for 15, than run for 15 and take a hit. Was Warren Moon not a leader cause I never ever saw him run. What's this thing everybody seems to have against Mcnabb.

See that's the thing Bra Man he isn't reading defenses that well this year. I can name a couple games where this statement is true. Washington, Denver and Dallas. Truth be told I am a McNabb, but if you think TO is the reason for the Eagles collapse then I disagree. His scrambling ability did bring another dimension to his team, once he abandoned that...you know the rest.

That was not Warren Moon's MO...He was a pocket passer.

Yeah, McNabb read the Dallas defense real well when he threw that game losing interception right to Roy Williams. Warren Moon was a pure drop back passer. Running was never a part of his game. McNabb's running ability was what made him harder to defend. If he won't do that, the results speak for themselves.

In mcnabbs defense when are ya'll going to accept this man for what he really is. He is an awesome black man who made it into the NFL. Praise him for giving back to the community and doing what is right. Ok the NAACP has done alot of things for Our grandparents and great grandparents but do you see them reaching out to the hip-hop generation......NO!......I expect these old men to get up and degrade us....Hell why not....the white people doit....why not them.....rush limbaugh...NAACP is no different then him but when HE spoke against Mcnabb..... Naacp was ready to bite Rush's head off....do you know why.....publicity for the organization.
1st timer man you get on here with this and that but you are not really saying anything. If you don't agree with something then change it! If you guys are fighting for something that segregate school....when Bush came up with the "No Child Left Behind" We should have stopped it right there but as a nation we gave up on Ourselves for letting Bush be the president. where were the big rallies from the NAACP....where were the boycotts for fuel prices skyrocketing...where were NAACP when we got these poor teenages and young adults dying in Iraq....where are they..... You Just Never see them anymore....so the organization that you are a part of...you might what to rethink your/their MISSION!!!!!1

mcnabb has become a drop back passer because he is older and he cant run anymore. he never was a runner like cunningham or vick. he was always slow just had quick feet

and as far as the popping pitcher i have nothing against him except it happens to be one of my petpevs. A pitcher has the most dangerous job on a softball field therefore should not try to be a self promoter by saying how good he is and regardless of how much he dances how much he uses his matrix when he releases it will be underhanded. you feel that this guy is the second coming of christ. that he can say whatever to whomever ridicule people make degrading comments make jokes about people ect... and its okay. i flipped the script on him by the use of pyschlogical warfare and he could not handle it and lost it. saying how coolheaded he is in one sentence and cursing me out in the other. then his boys or big brother come on using all their aliases threaten to butt my head if i didnt leave him a alone. if you are going to pop be ready and mature enough to handle the backlash that comes with talking the talk. so get mad i really dont care.

#15 you are so right i could not agree more. our local chapter was against no child left behind. the problem that we run into is believe it or not alot of blacks supported no child left behind. they are called Black republicans. we have the same problems within our organization that i am finding here on this board we tend to disagree which is fine but the problem comes when we try to discredit one another or attack the character or credibility of another because they dont share the same views. in summation it is impossible to fight if we all dont believe in the fight or if we all are not willing to stand on the front line. it is easy to sit back and say yall dont do this yall dont do that. step up join the cause. help change or better the naacp dont play into damaging the credibility of an organization who is actually trying to help. i can only speak locally in my district. we fight alot of battles behind close doors. we nip alot of things in the bud so to speak. i regularlly attend city council workshops city council meetings chamber of commerce meetings or anything else that is going on. many people dont realize most important decisions are made behind close doors and by time the general public gets wind of it its too late. there is alot more to politics than voting we need to be heard and our opinions as blacks need to respected that is another reason we have to pic and choose our fights. maybe this board isnt ready for me or maybe i am not ready for this board. i can just stick to trash talking who is going to beat who, who has the best team or i am the best softball player etc.... that is fine because i truly enjoy that but when a topic comes up that i feel that i have some insight on i will speak out and try to do it in a respectable manner. now trash talk i might get banned from time to time right BASa staff

Nothing wrong with good strong dialogue. 1st timer, Your opinion is respected just like every other board member.

1st timer...Hell I love to debate about REAL issues so anytime you place a issue on the board I will definitely respond.....It take time for some people to jump on board but you have to realize..... this all some have.....but we can make them aware of other things so from me to you....Write whatever!!!!!1