BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Will ARNOLD step in and save "CRIP Founder"...."TOOKIE"...what do you think....POST

"HHEEYYYYY"....interesting topic and like 2 read your views..... ....Do what it DO......"CHURCH" ....

Re: Will ARNOLD step in and save "CRIP Founder"...."TOOKIE"...what do you think....POST

On what grounds should he stay the execution though:

1. Do you think he's not guilty.
2. He's a changed man.
3. The electric hair is wrong.

Re: Will ARNOLD step in and save "CRIP Founder"...."TOOKIE"...what do you think....POST

My honest opinion is the he will continue down the path of execution. Arnold is not going to save him for the fear that it will jeopardize his political career. On top of that, there is a 95% rate of denial of stay of execution in California. I pray that his life is spared but I don’t believe that it will be saved being in the hands that his life is in.

Arnold's career is done in California anyhow. He was elected, because he got several Democratic votes, as with any Republican in a statewide seat in California. This might be Arnold's only way of getting some of that Democratic vote back.

I understand that he's a changed man now, but what about the 4 lives that he single-handily took? Where's the justice for those families? He's already lived 20 years longer then their loved ones had a chance to. This is a tough question because he definitely can do far more good alive and incarcerated than he can dead but I think its unfair to the families whose loved ones were murdered.

I agree with you 2cent....Will he be more productive DEAD or ALIVE...I feel the victims relative should have the final say....but then with his death and the FOLLOWERS that look up to him...Youngsters and "CRIPS"....putting this MAN to sleep...will most definintely cause a CHAIN reaction...meaning:.it's already crazy out here...the Blue Gang and others will USE this as a motivational tool...2 cause TROUBLE and those that live in the middle KNOWS what I'm talking about...But I do believe that people change but it was 3 lives lost...one includes a child...and I'm not judging Guilty or not guilty...but it doesn't look good...either way...it's up to the LORD....my opinion..."CHURCH"

Home Coming...show Love for this subject..... ...."CHURCH"

Why is there no love for this once angry black man
Will killing him some how complete the plan?
He was once a young man who grew up in the hood
Now he's turned his life around trying to do some good
Because we have laws we are the judge and jury
I would not want to face God's wrath and his fury
The Lord has said that vengeance is mine
Who are we to make this man go flat line
I'm not saying that we should just set him free
But that is just me being me
No offense to the armed forces but they kill everyday
We get away with it cause it's the American way
If we were to be honest and keep it real
Then you know how I feel
Charles Manson has killed way more than five
So why is he still alive?
These are my thoughts whether they are wrong or they're right
Seek ye the Lord who is the guiding light
DNA has proved that we have made some mistakes
I hope we don’t make another for Tookie's sake
If there is no physical evidence that links him to the crime
Is it fair then that he's done so much time. (end)

"CHURCH"

My opinion on this subject is mixed; One one hand I would like to say that Arnold(CA Gov.) hands is tied on this because if he grants the stay it may damage his political career, and on the other hand if he does then this could save some of our younger african american boys that on a average before they are twenty years old they have a record or is lock-up. Our african males are becoming rare. If he can continue to make a different in people lives then he should be given clemency with life in prison.(Think about Charles Manson, he haven't been put to death). I hope his life is spared and I pray for the victims family. Would they order other Nobel Peace Prize people to death.

It is a sad state of affairs when a persons right to live or die is in the hands of someone that will make that decision moreso on the impact it will have on their own political career.Is it fair to Mr. Williams(or anyone else in this position) that the governor has issues that this situation can help him with depending on his decision? I can only pray for Mr. Williams that the Lords will be done and not mans.

Man all you guys are so right. It is sad the this mans life is and will be decided by someones political agenda. I don't know all the facts in the case but just going by what I heard his case needs to be looked at again. If there is no physical evidence I don't see how he was convicted. Unless they convicted him for being the leader of a gang and the last time I checked that was not illeagal. Not only that but what does that say about the Nobel prize that he was up for. Does that prize just go out to anyone and everyone. If they think enough of him to nominate him for that then this man must have some type of redeamable qualities. Just some thoughts. NKO what up.

Exodus check my post on the Pacers/Piston Game for you

FYI... Tookie Williams was just denied Clemency by Arnold Schwarnegger..

save the tears......would you exchange a nobel peace prize for your childs life.........get the popcorn out we're going to the late tonight!!!

This man should not be executed and I do feel for the victom's families for their lost. Here are my reasons why.
1. The evidence against him is not factual to link him 100% to all of the crimes.
2. This man has changed his life and ways. He has been nominated 5 times for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Sounds like another episode of "The Green Mile"! May GOD have mercy on his soul!

Wizard on the turf!

they should light manson's behind up too......black or white both are still killers. all the good that he has done up to now has been because he is in a structued environment. he's trying to deal with his own demons. he's getting everything he deserves!!! long over due!

Wish i could say something other then it won't get overturned.... Theres a real good movie about the life of Tookie. If u haven't seen it it gives good insight into his life. Jamie Fox plays his role.. Jah Love.

Come on Player, is killing this man going to bring back that family? As it was stated in another post it's not definate that he did it or not. Look at all of the people that have gotten out of prison these last couple of years due to new evidence. Not to mention the good that he is doing right now. If you think about it he is actually saving lives right now. I'm sure there are kids who either got out of a gang or decided not to join a gang because of this man. Which in turns is saving some other family from loosing one of their children. If is is guilty then it wont change the fact but still. Either way God knows and it will all fall on him on judgement day.

it's easy to take that stance because it didn't affect our families directly. all i'm saying, put yourself in the position of those families. all of the good that he is doing now wouldn't amount to a hill of beans to me. ultimately, if he wasn't guilty, then what he represented at the time was. as one of those familly members, i'd chalk it up to "oh well" seems to be the same compassion that there has been for the lost ones. it would be just another tragic accident that all of tookies followers, supporters and family members woulds have to deal with just like the family members had to. no sympathy here....but that's just how i feel!

Why is it that all the "leaders" and activist are standing up for Tookie and not the victims families? Where is Jesse Jackson and Chris Rock at when standing up for the family of the victims? Someone mentioned Charles Manson before, the difference is he was given Life in Prison not Death as penalty. Maybe Tookie should have bargained for Life in 1981 when he was convicted.

Regarding the issue of why Charles Manson wasn't given death around the time he committed his crimes they were flip flopping on the whether a death sentence was cruel and anusual punishment and was legal so he might have just got "lucky" and his crimes occured during one of those no execution periods or he might have had his sentence commuted to life if he was given the death penalty and they banned it while he was still on death row.

So STL Player, do you agree with killing someone who may be innocent? Cause thats what you may be doing in this case. So how would you fix that? I think you have to be 100% before you can even think of it.

Is it true that Tookie might of been inoccent?

Wade, from what I heard this morning yes it's true. Even right before he died he still claimed to be innocent of that charge. He said that he had committed a lot of crimes in his life but that was not one of them. If you think about it why would he lie about it now he has nothing to gain from it.

Well, that is messed up! I really didn't get a chance to read about it, but from what I heard it was basically a race and the fact that he was the co-founder. But what they don't understand, the man was doing something positive and what person would alot of these gang members look up to more, The Founder! And now you kill him...Hummm, I just pray that violence doesn't break out from this! Put your lighter's up and pray for peace....

most of the people in our prisons are innocent......so they say.

Wade you claim race but yesterday I looked at the stats of people on Death Row and there are more than 4 times the number of whites than blacks. There are only about 5 states where there are more blacks than whites on Death Row. It would be a shame if Tookie was really innocent, I don't know if he was or not. But he has had 25 years to prove that and been rejected every time.

No, I didn't say it was a race thing, I said I heard it was a race thing....

STL Player, yes he has had 25 yrs to prove his innocense. Do you really think that they would let that man go free. Look at his situation for a min and ask yourself with all the power that they thought this man had there was no way they could let him go free. Look at all the lives they say he changed behind bars. What if he were to go back to his old ways there is no way we could stop him. So the best thing they figured they could do is keep him behind bars where they can control who he talks too.

are we forgetting about the organization he founded? forget the lives he's changed behind bars....what about the lives that are being brutally affected everyday.

No, I haven't forgotten but like Tookie I'm sure we all have done something that we are not proud of. Maybe it's not on the same level but we all have done something. If you read your word Paul was a killer also but turned out to be one of the best diciples. My point being the man made a mistake, some costly mistakes and tried to change his life around. I guess because I have seen so many kids get caught up in gangs and other stuff that I'm a little bit caught up in this whole thing. So I'm gone leave it alone. I do want to leave you with this thought though. Until you walk in a mans shoes then you cant judge him!

Exodus please take confort in this:

WHO GOD USES

God grant me the Serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the Courage to change the one I can, and the Wisdom to know the one I can change is ME..

The next time you or (we) feel like GOD can't use us, just remember...
Noah was a drunk
Abraham was too old
Isaac was a daydreamer
Jacob was a liar
Leah was ugly
Joseph was abused
Moses had a stuttering problem
Gideon was afraaid
Samson had long hair and was a womenizer
Rahab was a prostitute
Jeremiah and Timothy were to young
David had a affair and was a murderer
Elijah was suicidal
Isaiah preached naked
Jonah ran from God
Naomi was a widow
Job went bankrupt
John the Baptist ate bugs
Peter denied Christ
The Disciples fell asleep while praying
Martha worried about everything
The Samaritan women was divorced, more than once
Zaccheus was too small
Paul was also a murderer,turned too religious
Timothy had a ulcer (lesion of the skin)
Lazarus WAS DEAD!!

God can use anyone to their full potential
Besides we aren't the message, we are the MESSENGER

GOD WANTS SPIRITUAL FRUIT, NOT RELIGIUOS NUTS
THERE IS NO KEY TO HAPPINESS, THE DOOR IS ALWAYS OPEN
FAITH IS THE ABILITY TO NOT PANIC
IF YOU WORRY, YOU DIDN'T PRAY...IF YOU PRAY, DON'T WORRY
THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS IN OUR HOUSE ARE THE PEOPLE
A GRUDGE IS A HEAVEY THING TO CARRY
HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS IS STILL DEAD
DO THE MATH, COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS.......

I here you Ohio fan. That was deep.

we are so quick to judge.......how many of us has been out there talking to gang members and kids on the street. On the verge of dying........With all these website hits on here....there is someone on here that don't take care of there kids.....and to them....you will be sorry in the long run....secondly get the HELL off the board and go get your child out the streets....JUST that easy because they want to be LOVED!!!!!1

#15 you are straight up direct to the point... Glad to see a brother respond the way you do when you do... Fortunately enough, there are several of you all that frequent the board quite often... Hats off to you all....

As much as some may want to blame Tookie for all that the Crips do, I beg to differ. What about the community, the schools, and more importantly the parents/guardians. I have 2 boys and a girl and I have to be involved in every aspect of their lives from where you going to who gone be there to who you going there with. Yeah Tookie helped start the gang but I dont think we can place every inch of the blame on him. When the KKK burned crossed in the yards of blacks and lynched blacks did we try to blame it on the man/men who started the organization or did we blame the people that needed to be blamed? The ones who committed the crimes!

Give it up for Keithag...clap....clap ...clap man you just gave a serious testimony there. Now that as we say is real talk "CHURCH"

Strong advice!