BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mandatory Move ups

Man what's all this talk about homerun limits? I know of at least 8 teams on the Competitive circuit that should be playing Super Rec. You have to take your lumps and gain experience. There is nothing gained when facing the probability of potentially playing one or two teams per tournament close to your skill level. I played on one of those teams a few years back. We took our A$$ whippings and kept coming back for more. We finished an improbable 5th in Competitive in 2003 World in Columbus. The homerun limit shouldn't be a factor as to who moves up. Try asking USSSA to change there limit...ain't gonna happen. If your team finished in the top 5 in any division you should be forced to move up. All the other sanctioning bodies do it,(ask Graystone)why not BASA. I believe that at least 5% of the teams in Super Rec should be moved up, you have to crawl before you walk. Last I checked there is a shortage of Competitve teams in USSSA(8 HR).
There is a misnomer about Competitive teams not playing defense. The best defense played is on the Competitive circuit, the ball just comes a lot harder at you. I would love to see one of these defensive Rec/Super Rec players who think thre is no D at that level stand in front of that heat. The bottom line is stop talking about it and just move up. HR's limits are a mute point. And for those teams that disband and comeback the next yr under a new name...you still should be moved up!!!
No disrepect toward any team is intended in this post, it's just one mans thought's.

Re: Mandatory Move ups

I AGREE,SHOULD BE MOVE UPS... whats going to happen is TEAMS will be restructured and there will only be 2 Divisions again if TEAMS aren't moved up soon

Having only 2Divisiions isn't such a bad thing in my opinion.

How about moving the competitive teams down and make the Upper Division 6-10 low bid.

THAT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME 6-10 LOW BID TWO DIVISIONS....BASA MAKE IT HAPPEN....LOL

Having 2 divisions won't solve the problem BASA has with the Competitive level...even when there were two divisions there was a shortage of Competitive teams. I can remember playing in World tournaments with no more than 19 Competitive teams. Then you look over on the Rec side and there were over 100 teams...something ain't right when that happens. By no means am I knocking the BASA, I love this organization. It by far has the most comraderie of any sanction out there. I just believe to save the Competitive division we must have move ups. Unlimited homeruns is not the answer either, there is already a problem with time management in the game. For an exhibition maybe...

I will play on any level! Ball is ball to me. I just finished playing baseball a couple of years ago and the ball comes off those bats very hard and the ball is smaller and harder. The bats have that much more pop. I just play whatever I'm asked to play. If a competitive team asks me, sure I will play. Super-Rec, the same thing! I hit the ball hard on any level and will catch the ball. The harder the ball is hit, the easier the double play!

Okay, maybe I'm a little slow, but I've seen a couple of different posts (not this one) that offer unlimited home runs as a way of saving the competitive division. The only thing that's going to do is ensure the competitive division dies off faster. There are some great offensive and defensive ball players in the competitive division but unlimited home runs is just going to make more teams stay away that level because its only catering to the teams that have more fire power & more shaved bats. Lowering the limit is the way to go if you want more teams to come to that level.

Wade, it's not about an individual...BASA needs Competitive teams. My post was intended to strike an accord amongst the people who frequent this board. I'm sure you will agree that you have read post on here saying that there is No D in Competitive. I'm sure you have been around and you know as well as I do that this statement is not true. A lot of the players playing S. Rec and Rec were once Competitive ball players. Once again this post is not intended to offend, I respect everyone's opinions and that all this post is.