BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
High Expectations!!!

There are really some high expectations for some great teams out there. I hope that BASA staff see all of the talking. Maybe they will lower the HR for comp to 8 just to move some of the super rec. heavyweights up. At least one tournament should be made just to see where these teams stand. I would love to see a Class Act vs. Godfather/Mang game or a Graystone vs. Primetime or even a Atl. Storm vs. Pace. Any of those would be great. Please make it happen so the fans can get there money worth.

Re: High Expectations!!!

That sounds like a winner! If the tournament in S.C. does'nt start on friday, lets play friday night to give all of the players and fans a little taste of what could be if certain rules change [ 8-10 hr ].We will play by their rules but we are hometeam? game times 7,8:15,9:30. Let us know BASA, This could be a nice event to really start the 06' season off. By the way it could be any one of the BIG BOYZ.........Good luck to all.

Mr. Graystone#8
Please pick your poison, we would love to play any team on the circuit. You can also change the HRS to 5 and we will still play. We all started playing on a lower level and were good enough to move up. We will not apologize for being on another level, but we will kill that taste you got in your mouth. Godfather, Primetime and Pace will play anybody, we always do. Graystone has a good team and the fans need to see good comp. so why don't the super rec teams play up. We play 8 hrs when we play usssa so that won't matter.

Bigswol9/GFM

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good point there swol, never thought of that. Have they ever used the system where when teams play at a higher class start the game off with a few more runs. It would be a great idea to have at least one tourney with it being open. Our(SLEEPERS) team's 1st couple of tourneys last year we had to play in competitive and held our own, no disrespect but I am sure all the greystone player was saying was it wouldnt be a bad idea to play at another level.

swol,
One of my teammates(Dustin Roberts Team Stucco). I played with a couple of years ago told me last week he will be playing in a couple of tourneys with you guys. Have you guys at godfather finalized your squad yet, how are things looking so far.

Franchise, tell Dustin Big Al said what's up. I played with him in Hawaii.

who you played with in Hawaii, I left there in January 2005. Did you know Ronnie Harris we played with Lokahi Kanes and coach Gordan. I will talk to him again maybe this weekend.I will tell him.

Bigswol9, the same way you feel about your team is the same way we feel about ours. My point in my earlier post was to give the people a good preview of the top super-rec teams against the top competitive teams. So for now we will wait to see what the BASA staff will come up with.Bigswol9 good luck to you & your team, if the BASA can make it happen, the challenge will be accepted.

I left Hawaii in 01. I played with the Force, Xtreme, and Lokahi. I played on Lokahi with Harris, P. Pope, Yama, Big Chad, and those guys. My wife was stationed on Schofield. I also played with Tripler. I worked at the clinic on Schofield. I miss playing at Hickam, Intramurals at Schofield and Shafter, K-Bay, and Pearl Harbor. I really miss those unlimited hr tourneys. Yama used to say "No Cry, Let It Fly. Man, we used to battle with Full Force, US Is Nutz. Did you play on Maui in the big tournament they have every year, think it was always the week before Thanksgiving. Lot of memories. Softball year round. Sick thinking about it.

lol....I am the one who replaced you on Lokahi. I hit behind big ed essex and in front of Ronnie Harris in the 4 slot, Does that position in the order sound familiar. The first year I played Maui we finished 5 out of 25 and 2nd year we lost to full force and finished in 3rd but I didnt play with Gordon that year I played with another team. Yeah that year round ball was nice they opened a new complex in mililani that leagues played ere night. Got a lot more main land teams over also.Cant beat those unlimited homerun tourneys.Who and where you play now. We are in Ft. Rucker, AL now.

Did you really take my spot? Hope you carried on the tradition. Man I used to see fat pitches in that lineup. I'm in Chicago now, wife got sent to MEPCOM. I play with a new team out of North Chicago. This will be my first year on the BASA circuit, just trying to fit in.

oh yeah...the bombs were always flying.Our lineup was really tough.

1. smitty lc fast
2. brad eisen p
3. ed 1b
4. myself 2b
5. ronnie c
6. yama rc
7. chad 3b
8. jo (jack son) rf
9. ben lf pitcher for university of hawaii
10. tiger outfielder for uni. of hawaii
11.craig ss

1st year with this line up than yama, chad, jo left to form 808 softball.

bigal,

go to 808softball.org.................I still have like 4 or 5 brand new Lokahi team shirts that I never wore . let me know what tourneys you will be at if you need a keepsake.

I'll be at the Super Draft and Aiken.

see ya in Aiken.....Aloha

Whats up Franchise,
I played with Dustin a few weeks ago and I hope he comes aboard a play a few weekends. Big D can hit and run the outfield.

No disrespect Graystone#8, I would love to play you guys.I added a post earlier and I guess BASA removed it. I think the top five comp. teams should play the top five super rec teams one weekend.

good luck to graystone, My boy Wolf and class act, Storm and all the other teams out there that rep. the game. This will be a year to remember.

swol9/GFM

Hey 21...Ronnie Harris is out in Ga now..

How can you list these three games as matchups & not include the BASA world champs Team BBQ

Agreed, Team BBQ definitely needs to be included in this Comp Vs Super Rec Challenge. It will definitely be interesting, hopefully the BASA will allow this or provide some type of forum for it to take place. A better challenge would be for the "Big Boys" to play by the Super Rec Rules of 5 hrs then see what happens.

I'm lost. Why do the homerun limit need to be lowered for super rec teams to move up. If the BASA limit is ten in the Competitive class, then that is what it should be. Homerun limits are too low in all sanctions and you guys want it even lower. No matter what association or class you play moving up is about the defense you can play at the higher level not homerun hitting. If you move up and you feel your team has a lack of power then it is an area of concern. If you can not play defense at the next level, homerun hitting is a mook point.

Carolina Fan no disrespect. The other teams are just on the board so much that is why they came up. It really don't have to be those match ups. I would just love to see those teams play up in the top class. That includes your team as well. Since these teams are so good play a big boy tournament and then we will see how good they really are.

donskip, no disrespect, all I'm saying is that 10 HR's is their game and by all means we'll play it, but I'm also asking that they return the favor and play by our rules too and let the chips fall where they may. My guess is they will have a harder time playing by our rules then we will by their rules. Remember, there is no limit on base at any level and for any Super Rec team to avg 25 to 30 runs a game with only 5 HR's they must know how to base hit. I'll play your game if you play mine!! Then we'll see who's the best.

I'm with DONSKIP,the HR limits are too low now!

2 Cent my post was not in reguard to the two classes playing each other in the style that was offered up. However, others have mentioned in the past that the Competitive division limit should go to 8 and maybe more teams would move up.

Noone wants to play competitive because there aren't enough teams up there to have any tournaments. Ask Godfather & PACE how many BASA tournaments they played in 2005 besides the World. It has nothing to do with the home run limt being high, I think its naive to think that it does. If you really want to see teams move up you have to lower the home run limit across the board, Rec - 0 HR's, Super Rec - 3 HR's, Competitive - 6 HR's. That will definitely put some life in the Super Rec & Competitive divisions. I'm not an advocate for this, but it is the truth as I see it.

Ok! if that is the case, then there should be two classes. Upper and Lower / competitive and recreation and set your homerun limit whatever it is going to be. Now there is no worry about enough teams to play. I like the 3 different levels. However, not much is going to get solved on a message board.

I'm with you, I like the 3 different classes too but I see alot of talk about making teams move up and why don't "so & so" move up. I'm just explaining why teams don't move up. Its not that they don't want to play agains the "big boys" they just want to play & enjoy the BASA experience. Unfortuneately the big boys aren't able to play that many BASA tourneys due to lack of numbers. But I agree with you, nothing will get solved by going back & forth on the board. Good Luck to everyone in the upcoming year.

BASA SHOULD BE:

REC-1 HR
S.REC- 3 HR
COMP-UNLIMITED

IF COMPETITIVE WOULD BE UNLIMITED THAN I THINK THAT WOLD GET MORE TEAMS TO PLAY COMPETITIVE.
UNLIMITED HOMERUNS
From my experience playing in unlimited Hr tourneys they tend to be more competitive because teams can free swing. I guarantee you that many super rec teams would be in favor of the unlimited rule so they wont have to worry about teams shooting the middle when all their hr's are out. At the BASA worlds last year, there were so many teams that played their last few inning with no bombs left. now how many teams would be in favor of an unlimited tourney. I put everything I got on it that graystone ,bbq,air mac, storm, class act etc....would be down to play this in AIKEN....HOLLA

I think BASA should move Teams in Super Rec up after WORLDS,maybe the top 5 for a 1 yr probation..Its the only way to get MORE teams in the COMP Division.

Teams are building Super Rec Teams from Comp Teams breaking up,because of lack of Teams/Tournies to play in..

HR limits

Rec-0
Super Rec-5
Comp-10

just my 2 cents...

Man what's all this talk about homerun limits? I know of at least 8 teams on the Competitive circuit that should be playing Super Rec. You have to take your lumps and gain experience. There is nothing gained when facing the probability of potentially playing one or two teams per tournament close to your skill level. I played on one of those teams a few years back. We took our A$$ whippings and kept coming back for more. We finished an improbable 5th in 2003 World in Columbus. As previously stated, the homerun limit shouldn't be a factor as to who moves up. If your team finished in the top 5 in any division you should be forced to move up. All the other sanctioning bodies do it,(ask Graystone)why not BASA. I believe that at least 5% of the teams in Super Rec should be moved up, you have to crawl before you walk. There is a misnomer about Competitive teams not playing defense. The best defense played is on the Competitive circuit, the ball just comes a lot harder at you. I would love to see one of these defensive Rec/Super Rec players who think thre is no D at that level stand in front of that heat. The bottom line is stop talking about it and just move up. HR's are a mute point. And for those teams that disband and comeback the next yr under a new name...you still should be moved up!!!

NCB, you are correct. The best defense is on the competitive level. Speaking from experience on the competitive level and MAJOR level for over 12 years and 10 rings later, the ball comes a lot harder. Competitive separates the men from the boys. It's a lot different when guys like Big Swole, Larry Carter, Rusty Bumgardner, Brett Helmer, John Glidewell to name a few, hit balls at you than your rec and super rec players. No disrespect, just an entire different game. The game is a lot faster and harder on the competitive level. However, I would like to see more teams step up and try their skills at these bullets.

Always examine championship teams and every one of them always have a great defense!

Chicks did the long balls, but defense brings the rings!

Wizard on the turf!