BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Teams

I have just been watching this board and notice that there are some great teams in the Super rec. division. I feel like some teams are to strong for that division. Why want u guys take ur big boy teams and play up with Primetime and God father. I know that u guys are ready so move up and beat up on some of those big boys. I am sure that they will be happy to actually have tournaments with more than 5 teams. Just putting it out there for the big boys.

Re: Great Teams

It would be cool to go that way,but i've asked tha staff to lower tha HR's to at least 7 or 8 & i bet you'll get better results from teams in tha circuit.

What's the different between 10 and 8 homeruns, or is it that two homeruns would make a different in how your team plays or preforms.

I have to agree, what difference does 2-3 homeruns make, hell you can hit 2-3 per game, I've seen it myself. Having played rec. and comp. I'd rather play comp. because you can basically swing away. It's not more comepetitive to play rec. either because it's a lot of bad teams in rec. What I'm trying to say is: TO BE THE MAN, YOU GOT TO BEAT THE MAN. Holla back on that.

I agree with lowering the HR of Comp to 8. You ask what the difference between 10 and 8, well it the same difference as 3 and 5 from Rec to Super Rec. Being able to hit 5 allows teams to free swing a bit where 1 solo may not hurt as much as it would to a Rec team who only gets 3. Now use that same logic to Comp and Super Rec. A competitive team that's allowed 10HR's can really free swing because with 10 to hit who cares if you hit 2 solos. A Super Rec team can not afford to free swing like that. I just think it would make for a really competitive Comp. division. Also, by giving a little on both side it would level the playing field a bit. Just my opinion never claimed to have all the answers just "my" suggestion.

I wonder what do Competitive players think?

If it doesn't make a difference then why don't you big boys step down. Oh because you don't have bat control, nor can you play defense.

I give much respect to the rec players for their place hitting abilities but, you do not want to see the competitive players such as godfathers, pace, or primetime, trying to find base hits through your pitcher or thrid basemen all game for six or seven innings, I dont care if you play a six man infield, yeah some competitive teams will have trouble with rec or super rec tournaments, because they cant keep it in the park, but the top tier teams will still be very hard to beat, for some of you who do not remember, Graystone use to be a competitive team in 2004 and for years before that, and they had a very successful season on the circuit, much props to them, but be very careful as to what you ask for, no disrespect to those teams who want to play the pure game of softball, but respect those who want to swing the bat.....

LET'S BE REALISTIC. THE GOOD COMP TEAMS WOULD PUT THE RULE ON GOOD SUPER REC TEAMS. IF YOU LOWER THE HOME RUNS IT WOULDNT MATTER BECAUSE WHEN THE HOMERS ARE GONE THEY'RE GOING TO FIND A HOLE AND HIT IT VERY HARD THRU THERE. OH AND BY THE WAY THE BIGGEST HOLE ON A SOFTBALL FIELD IS UP THE MIDDLE, SO YOU'RE ASKING YOUR PITCHERS TO DRESS IN A HOCKEY GOALIE OUTFIT CAUSE THEY WOULD GET HURT. LET IT BE AND CHOOSE YOUR DIVISION IF YOU CAN HANG.

graystone was not a competative team in 2004. graystone has 4 players that played competative from taylor made and 16 other players that played rec. how is that supposed to make a team a competative team. 1 of the 4 players didn't even play all year. get your facts right "big dog". graystone is a good team because they play together all of the time....not because they are playing down. we care about playing softball and playing in more than 4 or 5 tournaments. we'll play primetime, godfather or anyone. let's just play.

Graystone player, my point was not to suggest that your team was playing down, my point was, that the most recognizable faces on that team, was the players that did play with Taylor Made, and if I offended someone namely you for that comment I apologize for that, and I did give you guys props for your previous season, I only tried to prove that most competitive teams are not just homerun hitters and back catchers, and that one of the most succesful teams in super rec division, was a team that had players on the competitive level in recent years past, and furthermore most Competitve teams dont have A or open ball players, they have alot of B level ball players on the ASA and NSA Circuits, so to suggest that they cant play with less homeruns was crazy..

I was curious as to know my myself,what is the difference between 8 and 10 HR? As a pitcher it would be very dangerous pitching to a MAJOR TEAM, when they run out of HR's..I have pitched to Class "A" and Major Teams and it isn't pretty when they are trying to hit in DOWN ..I think the more HR's the better,you get to "free swing"

Greystone don't you feel that you ran away with rec last season U-trip world runner up BASA world what else need to be done why wouldn't yall move up and really see what your team is made of.

my bad big dog. i should have read your post more closely. graystone has been getting some negative press on the board today from some clown not even associated with the team. i'm just a little touchy. thanks for clearing that up.

#9 that's why they play super rec because taylor made used to get taylor smashed

#9......we won the world in utrip and we have to move up according to the rules. in basa we were just the first loser(2nd place doesn't mean a thing). we'll be back to chase that title in 2006. "future star" you seem to have a little yellow running down your spine as well. i don't know a whole lot about taylor made, but i do know about my team now. i'm sure you were smashed sometime along the way by our team. let us know who you play for so we can look forward to the meeting.

GRAYSTONE PLAYER WE WILL SEE WHO WILL DO THE SMASHING OR GET SMASHED. BECAUSE OF THE WISHES OF MY TEAMMATES AND COACHES I WONT REVEAL WHO I PLAYED WITH LAST YEAR OR WHO I'M PLAYING WITH IN 2006. BUT ITS THE SAME SQUAD WITH A COUPLE OF ADDITIONS WHICH SHOULD PUT US IN THE MIX IN EVERY TOURNAMENT THAT WE PLAY. BUT I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT WE WILL MEET SEVERAL TIMES IN 06.I ENJOY PLAYING THE SO CALLED BEST

On average how many home runs are hit in a typical competive division game? My guess is it's more than 10 if everybody is free swingig for 7 innings. One hr each inning gives you 7 right there.

yeah "future star" it's best you listen to your teammates and coaches. keep everyone up under that giant skirt. you probably didn't even play. this board won't get you any wins or losses on the field, so tell your teammates its okay. if you played, your team was probably a regular stroking bag on the circuit. you know what we did and will back it up anytime. what did you do?

GRAYSTONE PLAYER YES YOU WON THE USSSA I'LL GIVE YOU THAT, BUT QUIT BRAGGING ABOUT FINISHING SECOND BRIDESMAID. NOBODY REMEMBERS YOU WHEN YOU FINISH DOS. WE'RE NOT UNDER ANY SKIRT PIMP. WE'LL CONTINUE TO FLY UP UNDER THE RADAR AND LET YOU GET ALL THE PRESS. YOU DESERVE IT, FOR NOW. BUT WHEN JANUARY ROLLS AROUND WE'LL SEE YOU ON THE DIRT MOUTH.

"future star" second place aint ####. it's the first loser. who's bragging about that. i read the board every day and haven't seen any of this bragging you are talking about coming in second. as far as the usssa world, you don't have to give us anything.....we took that and don't need your pat on the back. we are gunning for first on the basa circuit because nothing else matters. continue to fly under the radar. whatever we are getting now...we have earned. no one has given us a thing. we'll see you in the stands...i hope you remain a fan!

GRAYSTONE PLAYER SECOND PLACE, FIRST LOSER WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE PLAYA. AND YES YOU EARNED WHAT YOU GOT LAST YEAR. I'M NOT YOUR FAN PIMP OR A FAN OF GRAYSTONE. I WONT BE IN THE STANDS I'LL BE ON THE FIELD BIG TIME BENCH RIDER

whatever stroking bag!

I see we've gotten away from the issue once again and have a battle going on. What happened to no hating week?

DID I PUSH A BUTTON BENCH RIDER OR SHOULD I SAY BAG CARRIER. DONT GET OFFENDED BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT A PTPER. EVERY TEAM NEEDS ROLE PLAYERS. AND I'M SURE YOU MAKE HOTEL AND TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS QUITE WELL

and i'm not a fan of.....oh that's right...you're still flying under the skirt.

WHAT DOES IT MATTER WHICH TEAM I PLAY FOR. BECAUSE THAT STILL WONT CHANGE THE FACT THAT I'M SIITING HERE TALKING TO THE GRAYSTONE TOWEL WASHER. MAKE SURE YOU GO BY SAMS AND GET A LARGE QUANTITY OF SHOUT IT OUT SO WHEN YOU HAVE TO GET THOSE STAINS OUT THE UNIFORMS WHEN YOU WASH THEM.

not hating....just having fun. this was between me and future star. i don't have any hate and i'm sure he/she feels the same. keep em out of a bunch!

It's all good. Y'all can do what you want. I was just trying to get somebody to respond to the question I asked earlier about the home run situation. Really trying to learn something here about the higher divisions.

NOW PLAYA YOU CAN CUT IT OUT WITH THE SKIRT JOKE AND THE HE/SHE. I TOLD YOU WE'RE COMING FOR YOU PLAYA. KC PLAYER WE'RE JUST TWO GROWN CATS THAT FEEL GOOD ABOUT OUR SQUADS. NOW SOMETIMES OUR WORDS MIGHT HAVE BEEN A LITTLE STRONG BUT THEY'RE ONLY WORDS. IF I MET PLAYA AND I WILL MEET YOU. I'LL SHAKE HIS HAND AND OFFER HIM A COLD ONE, BOTTLE OF WATER, OR WHATEVER BEVERAGE HE PREFERS TO DRINK WHILE HE'S WAVING HIS POM POMS

I do my fair share of talking too. Trust me.

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT KC PLAYER KEEP DOING IT BIG TYMER

First of all Graystone would love to play competitive softball on any level. The only reason we are not focusing on the competitive division is because we might win a tournament and be forced to play up for the rest of the season before we win a super rec title. My point in saying that is this; when you were in the first grade you got promoted to the second grade and then to the third grade etc.,etc. You could'nt jump from first grade to the fourth grade, so just be patient and we will be there. We will play with the BIG BOYZ on the other circuit. GOOD LUCK in 2006

OK GRAYSTONE #8 WE GOT YOU. WHERE'S MY BUDDY GRAYSTONE PLAYER. DID HE CALL YOU AND TELL YOU THAT WE WANTED TO TALK TO AN ACTUAL PLAYER NOT BOBBY BOOSHAY

all right future star....i'll drink a cold one with you after i put my pom poms down. that's a good one! until the next time...peace!

LET'S DRINK A COLD ONE PLAYER. GATORADE FOR ME I'M NOT A DRINKER. STAY SAFE AND WORK HARD AND I'LL SEE YOU ON THE DIAMOND BROTHER. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU. FUTURE STAR #1