BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Steppers version of the National Anthem by R Kelly

What's up Family? Did anyone happen to see the Jermaine Taylor and Bernard Hopkins fight? What did you think. More importantly Did you see R Kelly's version of the National Anthem? Wow For those of you that didn't catch Kell's he turned the National Anthem into a steppers song where he had 2 people in the ring stepping while he was singing. Now In my opinion the song was tight but maybe not the right format to do it in. What do you think? So lets kick off this cold 0 degree weather with some real talk. I'm feeling you Ms. Dat.

Re: Steppers version of the National Anthem by R Kelly

I saw the fight! I am from Little Rock Arkansas so you already know I was all for Jermaine "Bad Intentions" Taylor. Yeah, R Kelly, they should have known when they asked him to sing that he would add his own flavor to it.

I saw the fight, big ups to Jermaine Taylor for holding to that title, change is good!!! I liked R. Kelly's version of the national anthem, they know when they ask singers to do it, they are going to put their own personal touches on it. I do think the steppers in the ring were a little much for our countrys anthem but nevertheless, I still liked it.

I guess the version of the National Anthem was OK we should have known R. Kelly was going to put his own spin on it.
But I want to talk about the fight or Lack there of. This is exactly what's wrong with boxing before the fight the boxers are ALWAYS talking all that smack about what they are going to do when they get in the ring. Just like this fight, it should have been a draw just like the other fight. I mean it was probably the worse fight I ever seen. Neither boxer wanted to fight like they claim they would do in the interviews leading up to the fight. But then again, Hopkins may have lost the fight but remember Hopkins is a very smart business man. If you notice, the fight was promoted by ICELINK not Don King promotions. For those of you who don't know ICELINK is a company that's run by Hopkins.
So yeah maybe Taylor did win the dance, I mean fight but in the end Hopkins won the money, the prize fight money and the promotional money.
If you are a real boxing fan then wait until the Erik Morales vs. Manny Pacquiao on Jan 21
Now I guarantee this will be a fight

This fight was terrible the Pay Per View statioin should be giving refunds!!!!!!

Man I don't know where to begin with that version of the song. I don't know about you all but as a member of the Armed Forces I thought it was a little tacky. Brothas have laid there lives on the line in defense of our flag. The Star Spangled Banner honors those who have fallen in battle. Don't get it twisted I am not the most patriotic guy in the world, but I do respect and honor those who have gone before and laid there life on the line. Marvin Gaye, Whitney Houston's versions are very memorable. R Kelly 's I just assume forget!!! Just my opinion.

That was the worst ever. I agree I was a member of the Armed Forces and that was ridiculous. I think if you served in the military you would understand where we're comin from.

Service men and women. Help me understand this. When ever I see armed forces commercials, you guys are always stepping/marching. I didn't see him desecrate the flag or anything. And please remember also, while we support our brothers and sisters in harms way, a lot us disagree with the direction our armed forces is heading.

There is a difference between marching and steppin' to the beat of our National Anthem. We March to show unity, pride in numbers and who we are. The National Anthem is a song that should be respected. Last I checked when the Anthem is being played we remove our covers and place our right hand over our heart. We don't as a country clap our hand to the beat. However we do clap to Fiesta. There is a vast difference in the too. One is a party anthem and the other is Our Nations. As for the dirrection we are headed in I agree whole heartedly that we are moving in the wrong direction, but don't blame the military for that...blame the people of this country as a whole. Blame those that put him back in for another 4 yrs knowing all along that he was clueless, those that didn't make an effort to vote, and last but not least those who disenfranchised our voices...But don't blame the military, we're paid to do as we're told.

It is obvious that confused never served. Which is cool the service is not for everyone. I think all of our young these need to experience at least Basic Training just for the discipline. R.Kelly is clueless!!!