BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What would you do?

What's up board! I was watching the news in the ATL on Saturday, a story came up about a man named Gary Kerriker a medical student at Emory University who knew he had AIDS but did not inform his sexual partners that he had AIDS. So my question is, should a person tell there partner, wife/husband, female/male significant other that they have any type of STD or even been treated for any STD? Would you want to know? How would you react if they told you and you love them?

Re: What would you do?

of course i would want to know. it's better to be safe than sorry. it's ashame that it's so hard to find a good man these days. it's also very scary, because you have so many brothas on the down low. they may look good and appear on the straight and narrow but just remember ladies..."everything that look good to you isn't always good for you". don't get me wrong, i'm not male bashing or anything, but it's truly hard to find a good brotha these days.especially after reading the dl by j.l. king that made me pay more attention to certain things. if guys would just keep it real and tell the freaking truth, all might be ok. alright ladies keep it real. don't be afraid to ask questions, because remember it's your life and health and you have take care of you. "if you don't stand for something you will fall for anything"...........holla back. maybe one day that mr. right will step to me in the right way and just keep it real.......i'm to old for games.....holla

note to self stay away from sexyslim........................................honey you shouldn't even have to ask that question....for one its wrong to put someone else life in jeopardy and two ....do you have any morals...bottom line is if that person really loved you you shouldnt have to think twice about telling them, because they WILL AND SHOULD STAY BY YOUR SIDE.

People SHOULD tell you if they are infected with ANY type of STD or diseases period but in reality how many of us would tell someone they have AIDS,HERPES,STD,ETC?I'm sure the percentage would be very low of who actually would tell.I worked in an environment with HIV,AIDS patients for 3 yrs and these guys/gurls were infecting people purposefully,not telling them they were infected!

Thats why it's always a good idea to ALWAYS practice safe sex if you lead a 'promiscuous lifestyle'
There are plenty of good BM out here,just allow the brotha at the grocery store,video store,upstairs neighbor,church,etc a chance... SOME females have a tendency to catogorize us brothas too quickly...ask us a LOT of questions

Well me and my Husband been together for 24yrs, If I happen to caught some kind of STD, I will tell him because I really think that will be the best thing to do, specially when your other half don't cheat.

Well note to self, I have morals when it comes to my life and others. If you READ correctly this was a story broadcasted on the news in ATL and obviously this cat didn't have any morals when it came to himself and others. So I was getting the opinion of others on the situation at hand.

I would think you know that sometimes people say they love someone but they do a lot of things to hurt that person they love, for example, brothas on the dl, men/women that cheat on the one they love. So it is not gauranteed that just because some loves you they are going to tell you things like that. You would hope they tell you but, most of the time that person has to find out the hard way.

So if anything I might need to MAKE A NOTE TO "MY"SELF.

Sexyslim1, I understand what you're saying. First off, if someone is dating someone and they came with something, then why would you stay with them anyways? Myself, if I cheated on my partner and caught something that I couldn’t get rid of, I don’t even think I could go back home. Some people don’t have a conscious and they don’t care who they hurt. I have a consumer here at work that knowingly has AIDS and he has different sex partners all the time and guess what, due to confidentially, I cant say a word. The law needs to be changed so that people in the medical field and social service fields can help with the spread of diseases by reporting people who pass them on.

Yes, they should tell the person(s) they're sleeping with. I would want to know if I was in that situation!! But then again you have to look at it like this(not saying that it's right), If you had any STDs would you stand up and let your loved ones know?? I can't really say what I would do cause I never been put in that situation before. That's why we need to PROTECT ourselfs at all times, even if you're married knowing that your partner(s) is sleeping around.

Protection, Protection.......remember once love is established alot of couples take the condom off. all I say is if you are truly in love....Don't take her to a romantic dinner, movies,shopping..etc.... take her to the clinic or doctor.....make a date of that....if they truly love you...they would not hestitate to attend. sexyslim1 nice topic. You girls and guys in the ATL....please protect yourself.

Excellent topic.....Seems like to me this is a topic no one wants to address. That's why a lot of our people(AFRICAN AMERICANS) are falling victims.

Cb you are absolutely Right......so many are on the DL...so many are wantta be MACKS....so many just love to play GAMES....holla!!!!!!1

#15 SOME JUST DON'T CARE. Only thing that we all need to do is just WRAP-IT-UP?

D24,Ball or Fall,Gina,CB, and #15, thanks for everyone's insight on the topic. This was basically to see where we(African Americans)stand when it comes to the subject of sex and STDs. As you can see we can talk about other topics such as, who's leaving this team, who's going to that team, is this person single or taken. But when you put a serious topic on here dealing with issues that are taking peoples lives or putting peoples lives at risk, yeah 200 or more people will click on the subject to view but only a few reply. Now that's REAL TALK!!

Sexyslim1 you are right on top of the issues we face today as African Americans.....Just like the Snowman shirt issue...... whos cares...These days schools are so quick to throw you out that every kid that is in Highschool today I bet you; they want to be there because it is so easy to leave,get kicked out etc....I talked with a teenage girl last week and all she regret growing up is that her parents did not talk to her about sex and the consequenses but they fussed at her everyday about drugs and talking on the phone.....go figure...she's 19 with 2 KIDS and have Herpes....so Please Family talk to your kids. Thanks!!!!!1

WELL LET ME FIRST START OFF BY SAYING IF YOU TRULY LOVE SOMEONE NO MATTER WHAT YOU HAVE YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TELL THEM. SECONDLY THERES TOO MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO JUST FLAT OUT DON'T GIVE A DAM@. TAKE FOR INSTANCE THIS SOFTBALL CIRCUIT. EVERY WEEKEND SOMEONE IS HOOKING UP AND SLEEPING WITH A DIFFERENT PARTNER NOT THINKING ABOUT THEIR SIGNIFICANT OTHER SITTING AT HOME WAITING ON THEM. THEN OOPS YOU COME HOME AND GIVE YOUR PARTNER SOMETHING YOU'VE CAUGHT FROM THAT SOFTBALL CIRCUIT. LET ME TELL YOU, IF I EVER CAUGHT SOMETHING, I WOULD MAN UP AND TELL MY PARTNER FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT MY PARTNER SHOULD HAVE THE RIGHT TO KNOW AND BE ABLE TO MAKE A DECISION IF HE WOULD WANT TO STAY AND WORK THIS THING OUT OR WOOP MY AS@ AND LEAVE ME WITH WHATEVER I HAD. I WOULD GIVE HIM THE DECISION. IT WAS MY MISTAKE NOT HIS AND HE SHOULDN'T HAVE TO SUFFER. SO TO ALL FROM YOUR GIRL AMY AKA "FINE AS WINE SHAKUR" STRAP UP AND BE SAFE AND STOP LOOKING FOR A QUICK AND EASY SCREW AND FIND YOU A SLOW AND HARD LOVE. LIKE ME!

Amy,
Girl you are off the chart. Just from dating on the circuit and seeing what's going on , everybody get's their turn, but way? I've never seen so many people just going through each other, but everybody know everybody and word get's out. Don't people realize that boy's and girl's are born everyday and grow into adults, my point is way not find that special one and just settle down, because if you keep going through people it can be a never ending journey. How will you know when you have that special one? They don't want you all used up. It's so much easier to just be right and happy. Men and some women make it hard because if you show your love then they feel they got you and they take you for granted, but if you treat them like s**t then they seem to get a better understanding quicker. The point of what I'm saying is just find that one person that's beautiful, and sexy to you and make it work. We were all raised in different households, and backgrounds so we don't know what each other want off top it takes learning someone and that takes longer than a few months.
SEEMS TO ME THE SELF RESPECT IS MISSING.
P.S. To my men be careful you'll only have so many years with that package God blessed you with. Find the one because before you know it you will need help to get up, if you know what I mean, and will she want to deal with that?

EVERYONE--
Today is National Aids Day. Go get tested. I get tested every year(it's required of my job). It's better to know than to not know!!! Peace out my African Americans. Remember: BE SAFE!!!!