BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!

468x60 Faster Easier Car 

When Traveling To Your Tournaments, Be Sure To Use Orbitz, a BASA Website Affiliate

Please Post Only BASA Related Tournament Information On The Message Board

BASA, It's Like A Family Reunion Every Weekend!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Defense or Offense

Would you perfer to have a great glove or a great bat?

Re: Defense or Offense

Glove....My reason is.....Defense is instinct and reaction and being focus at all times.....defense carries the load....Offense is cool but it gets better with time...and it can be taught or get a SHAVED bat... , can't disrupt the flow of natural DEFENSE...it halts the other team....."CHURCH"

If I had to choose one,I would prefer my bat to good over defense..in Softball I can EH or Catch and just focus on hitting..most Teams today seem to look at how a guy hits over his/her defense as to if they want them on the Team

Fortunately,I have been blessed with a good glove and a good bat,not to be I will agree with "Church" defense will slow Teams down,prevent runs,etc..but I think the people want to see the Offense

Defense wins championships, Offense wins games !!!!!!!

It's better to have a great glove. Hitting is more fundamental. A person can be taught to hit a lot easier than taught to learn great defense. Farther more, speaking from experience, DEFENSE is what wins RINGS (10 and still counting). If you look at every champion team, 9 out of 10 teams have always had a solid defense (Bar B Q, Enough Said, Godfathers, GA Mixx, Prime Time, Class Act and Pace back in the day when they made their title runs). Offense, well, "Chicks dig the long ball!" and there will be times that your bat will become silenced and offense will come up short. The days of being a EH or designated hitter are pretty much gone and left for the teams that play a five man infield and the EH is usually an outfielder to give one of the outfielders a break or used for buddy ball.

Defense! Defense! Defense! Defense!

Wizard on the turf!

"CHURCH"

Wizard that was a great post.

I would agree because guess what if your bat is off you can hit for that person and then put him back in the game for defensive purposes. Defense win championships so to answer the question of who would I be my first draft choice; it would be a great shortstop or centerfielder.....1

WHATS UP FOLK MAN U KNOW WHERE I AM ON THIS SITUATION MAN OFFENSE SELLS TICKETS BUT DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS.U CAN TAKE A .600 HITTER AND MAKE HIM LOOK LIKE A .800 HITTER IF HIS HAS GREAT DEFENSE AS WELL.STRAIGHT UP.

#15, I have to disagree with you on your first person that you select being a shortstop. The first person to select should be the best pitcher that you can find. There are far more good shortstops to pick up than to locate a good pitcher. I haven't seen a team yet that can defend a "WALK"! A good pitcher will make any defense look better than what it really is.

Secondly, then I would locate a good shortstop.

This is how a lot of the teams that I have played with have won a lot of our rings. I must be honest, our shortstop has always been the "BEST" athlete on the field.

Defense! Defense! Defense!

Wizard on the turf!

DEFENSE AND "DINSUM", CANTY WHAT'S HAPPENING MY BROTHER,HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT HOLIDAY.NOW,GET TO WORK,I'LL HOLLLLLLLLLA,SWEAT,L.M.S. BIRMINGHAM,AL

i would have to say i would take a offense over defense in the sport of softball. in other sports defense is more important but because softball is more of a offensive game hitting is most important. true you cant be a terrible fielder but a decent fielder will get you a long way. but a decent hitter with a good glove dont really help you that much unless he pitches or play centerfield in a five man or shortstop 2nd base in a four man.

IT HAS TO BE THE GLOVE YOU CAN ALWAYS TEACH SOMEONE TO BE A HITTER BY TAKING BATTING PRACTICE THEY MIGHT NOT HAVE A LOT OF POP BUT AN UNPRECDICTABLE HITTER IS A DANGEROUS THING.

My thing is if you pick the best hitter thats fine but ....hell ..... if you are smart you would walk him in key situations. Defense, Defense. I picked a shortstop first because 70% of the defense runs thru him. if your shortstop is mediocre then your team is plain ole Average. Holla!!!!!1